• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lowest cost for RCI weeks

jj155112

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA 317,000 (84k developer, 233k resale)
I see that RCI is having a $199 for a week sale. Is that the lowest it ever goes on RCI? I am a newer user and that is the lowest I have seen so far for extra vacations. Thank you for your input

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
For the most part. They have AI weeks that go down to $149 on sales. It's been a while but they use to have buy one get selected ones free of half off and the average for each might have dropped below $199 but for the most part $199 is the lowest. It is lower than exchanging into the same week.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
$199 Fall sale is the lowest I've seen. And there is tax on that amount. The Winter sale is $229 and still a great deal!

The all inclusive weeks go on sale for less as OP said but before you get too excited look at the mandatory daily fee per person. It varies from resort to resort and adds up in hurry.

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I somehow confirmed a DVC exchange on 7/17 for $199. It was before the most recent sale started so I have no clue why I got a reduced rate but I wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth, lol!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I somehow confirmed a DVC exchange on 7/17 for $199. It was before the most recent sale started so I have no clue why I got a reduced rate but I wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth, lol!
An exchange or a rental week? The sale is for rental weeks. You may have had some other type of promotional exchange discount.

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
An exchange or a rental week? The sale is for rental weeks. You may have had some other type of promotional exchange discount.
Sorry, my mistake - didn't read the sale well enough to notice this one was just Extra Vacations. I think there was a reduced exchange fee sale a few weeks ago but it was over with prior to my booking. I'd just love to know what happened so I could do it again! I didn't have anything listed in my offers prior to confirming so maybe it was just a lucky glitch.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are platinum you also get 10% off the $199, which should cover the sales tax.

Great options out there.....

Some day I won't be tied to kids school calendar!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are platinum you also get 10% off the $199, which should cover the sales tax.

SS Reward - my guess is you deposited a unit with RCI during the time period that you would get PRO benefits. One of which I believe is 25% off exchange fee.

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
SS Reward - my guess is you deposited a unit with RCI during the time period that you would get PRO benefits. One of which I believe is 25% off exchange fee.
I'm points not weeks so that can't be it. My points are from Grandview & I think I get a reduced fee of $199 to exchange into other Vacation Village properties but this was for DVC so that shouldn't have come into play either. Weird!

ETA: I figured it out - different fees depending on if its weeks or points inventory & I'm not good about checking which one it is since they deposit to both. Thanks to all who tried to help!!

Last edited:

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort

We'll go together, mdurette! One of these days shoulder season will be a time I can travel. And I won't need room for 6 of us. And then LOOK OUT! ;)