• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Profile Notation

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
What is up with @amanda14 profile? When I was reading this thread, I noticed it said "Pool Education Team Member" under the handle. This being the same place where many of us have our "TUG Review Crew" notations. It doesn't seem that even @amanda14 knows how it got there.

Last edited:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
That's what is entered in the Custom Title field field of the Personal Details tab in her profile. below that field it says "If specified, this will replace the title that displays under your name in your posts."

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
that member told a story once about holding an impromptu "TUG learning session" at a pool while on vacation at a Timeshare...so I added that to her user title =)

it was meant to be amusing, but if she doesnt want it ill happily remove it (Although admittedly the story is very very old, as is that title if im not mistaken)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That's what is entered in the Custom Title field field of the Personal Details tab in her profile. below that field it says "If specified, this will replace the title that displays under your name in your posts."
Odd, I don't see a "Custom Title" field on the Personal Details tab in my profile.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its not something a user can edit themselves...its an admin only thing.

yours is "TUG Review Crew: Veteran"

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
that member told a story once about holding an impromptu "TUG learning session" at a pool while on vacation at a Timeshare...so I added that to her user title =)

it was meant to be amusing, but if she doesnt want it ill happily remove it (Although admittedly the story is very very old, as is that title if im not mistaken)
Ha ha! Very much like the "Tag Fairy" on the Disboards. Receiving a custom tag is a highly prized attribute.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

It is amusing and earned even if done a long time ago.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Ha ha! Very much like the "Tag Fairy" on the Disboards. Receiving a custom tag is a highly prized attribute.
If Brian wanted to, he could probably set up another revenue stream selling customized TUG tags!:thumbup:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
10 dollars per letter!!!

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think we've identified Brian's 401k program!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok ok...ive just gone to speak with my manager, and someone has recently turned in some existing letters so I can offer them to you RIGHT NOW for just $7.50 a letter, but you have to sign up today!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
ok ok...ive just gone to speak with my manager, and someone has recently turned in some existing letters so I can offer them to you RIGHT NOW for just $7.50 a letter, but you have to sign up today!

I heard they go for a penny on ebay. Can I please have my parting gift?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
resale letters are in much smaller font, and will only actually appear on your profile in every 6th post! So you really are better off buying retail letters!

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brian, didn't you forget to say that if anyone buys letters from The Developer, they get three BONUS letters!!! And this deal is good for today only!!! Just trying to help you out, and channeling my best sales weasel voice.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry guys I found a website called LUG (it's the letter users group) and they tell me that I should always buy resale.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
resale letters are in much smaller font, and will only actually appear on your profile in every 6th post! So you really are better off buying retail letters!
This really is golden! :D

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry guys I found a website called LUG (it's the letter users group) and they tell me that I should always buy resale.
In addition to offering resale letters on LUG, members there can also trade letters with other LUG members. A nice benefit of membership. And you don't have to pay those confiscatory prices offered by that TUG guy!!