• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finding availability

dri_daddyo

Reaction score
I'm new on here and created an account this morning to post a thank you in the "Deed Back / Loss Mitigation" thread, since I was finally able to get rid of my DRI membership.

My biggest gripe (in addition to the rising MFs, spam calls, spam emails) was that I could never find availability for the places I wanted to go.

I would waste my time logging in and searching every day and it became tedious.

As someone in the IT field, I decided to do something about it programmatically...so I scripted together a handy little Python script that would log into my account every morning and search for Hawaii availability (since that's where I figured the best bang for my buck was).

I input my arrival start and end dates, my resorts collection, number of nights, number of people, and number of max points I wanted to spend.

I had it running for about a week last September and kind of forgot about it, and got a hit on my phone (I had it text and email me) while I was at work. I promptly logged in to my account and booked a Big Island property, as a placeholder in case I couldn't get Maui or Kauai. I then allowed the script to keep running.

A couple weeks later, I got another alert at work that availability at The Point at Poipu had been found. I promptly logged into my account, canceled the Big Island property, and rebooked into the Point at Poipu.

The script certainly isn't anything professional, as it's crudely scripted and uses a combination of python and a web server of mine running on PHP (to allow for emailing and texting and storing search data in a DB), but I just thought I'd let people know that I found a small way to kind of "stick it to DRI" and defeat their antiquated search functionality.

The script uses a Chrome browser, so it can mimic a person logging in and searching.

If anyone is interested, I can provide the python code that does the searching. I'd offer to search for availability for folks as a way to give back to this site, but it would require having a valid login to the DRI website (I don't have access anymore) and that's confidential information.