• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 - to present ] What is the best movie and or Tv series you have watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime??

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of us who have visited the Florence region or are European history buffs, here is a Netflix original: Medici: Masters of Florence

I am halfway through Season 1. They are still filming Season 2.

Starring Dustin Hoffman plus a bunch of new stars (Game of Thrones) whom I do not know because I don't watch much TV or movies.

bobby

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We get Netflix by mail, but we adored A Place to Call Home. Beautiful scenery, costumes, a real soap opera set in Australia. 5*

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I watched all of the new show Ozark this weekend on Netflix. Storyline revolves around an investment banker/financial advisor that has been laundering money for a drug cartel. Drug lord finds out that a partner in the firm has stolen from him, but our hero comes up with a plan to recoup the stolen money. He moves his family from Chicago to Lake of the Ozarks and runs into one problem after another. I liked the first two or three episodes, then started to lose interest in the middle, but by the end I was ready to see the next season. All said a pretty good show.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Just watched a four part Australian crime drama called Deep Water on Netflix. It was set in Syndney on Biondi Beach. Quite good and I love being done in one evening! So I'm watching and thinking that the actress playing the lead detective looks sort of familiar. Then I think she reminds me of an actress on a Netflix original series. Hmm, there are so many programs with all the programming outlets available these days that they are often using Brits or Aussies to play Americans. Then she smiled broadly toward the end of the last episode and I was positive it was her. Googled her to confirm. Won't spoil anyone else's guessing game, although her name is clearly in the opening credits but I didn't recognize it.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just finished 3 seasons of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries on Netflix. Absolutely wonderful.
I am with you on this one. Friends introduced me to Ms. Fisher awhile ago. I've been binge watching.

I like series where I can watch several episodes
without waiting a week for the next one.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Death in Paradise because I like palms trees, and Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, well, because I like Miss Fisher.
I had to respond to this -- I don't watch much TV, but friends introduced me to both of the above and they have become my 'go to' shows. I especially like that they are commercial free.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I stumbled upon The OA Sunday when Netflix put it as a "more like this" when I was watching something else semi-science fictiony. I found it very interesting after taking just a bit of time to engage me. The actress, Brit Marling, is also one of the creators of the show. There will apparently be a season two. You know how some shows have a "may be too intense/viewer discretion advised" warning? The situation depicted in the last ten minutes or so of the last episode about did me in. Too close to real life. But a very interesting story premise over all.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Outlander on Starz through Amazon Prime. Loved the books, now loving the show.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just finished binge watching 10 seasons of Murdoch Mysteries. Seasons 1-7 available on Netflix, Acorn TV has all Seasons 1-10 (we only switched to Acorn in Season 8 when Netflix ran out). We pay Acorn TV through Amazon - $4.99 per month. Absolutely wonderful series. It's Canadian, set at the turn of the 1900. Stories are very clever and ingenious. Season 11 is scheduled to start on Sept 25, 2017. Cannot wait.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Both of these are exceptional:

Medici
Turn

My last list included:
River...................very intense, great acting, loved it.
Luther.................wonderful, hope there's more, loved it.
The Killing
House of Cards
Bloodline
The Crown
Breaking Bad
Midsomer Murders
Father Brown
Sherlock

Last edited:

dixie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sure appears that people much prefer Netfix over Amazon Prime's selections.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Season 4 of Blacklist recently dropped on Netflix. I never watched this show on NBC, but I have watched the three seasons that have been on Netflix for some time. Season 4 dropped about a week ago.
James Spader makes this series worth watching.

Last edited:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Sure appears that people much prefer Netfix over Amazon Prime's selections.

I am 2 3/4 years into my Netflix subscription. I figured I'd change to Amazon when I was 'finished" with Netflix. So far that hasn't happened. Signed up originally for Breaking Bad and movies, only to discover Netflix has almost no current movies anyone has ever heard of. But their original programming is outstanding, and being able to watch whole seasons of TV shows that I missed is great. I only came into The Walking Dead last season on TV, after piecing some of the storyline together during the marathon of old episodes prior to season 7. Don't know why I didn't think to check to see if it was on Netflix sooner, but eventually stumbled upon it and was able to get caught up.

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
I loved Ozark on Netflix. Watched it in 4 days. Also enjoyed OA on Netflix.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I am 2 3/4 years into my Netflix subscription. I figured I'd change to Amazon when I was 'finished" with Netflix. So far that hasn't happened. ...
Precisely my experience as well. Never did I imagine I would stay with Netflix as long as I have.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
The only series I have watched on Amazon is Justified. I've watched it twice and would be willing to watch it again.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I loved Ozark on Netflix. Watched it in 4 days. Also enjoyed OA on Netflix.

just started watching this recently, very surprised...such a bizarre show (in a good way!)

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
We have both Netflix and Prime and we like Prime much more. To each their own but our perception is that Netflix is ok if your into reruns or older movies but we prefer a Prime for original programming. Love Bosch but currently watching Suits.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
What is OA?

The OA is a show about a woman who had a near death experience (NDE) as a little girl. As a young adult she is kidnapped by a scientist who is researching NDE, and she is held with several other people who experienced the same. Story is told in flashback after she has escaped. She calls herself "The OA", which I decided means Original Angel (if it was explained in the show I missed it) because somewhere along the line she decided she was an angel returned to earth. Took me just a bit of time to decide whether I wanted to pursue it or not, but I was hooked midway through the second episode.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Enjoyed binging on 7 series of Doc Martin recently. Had to get the 7th on Acorn TV.

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
because somewhere along the line she decided she was an angel returned to earth. Took me just a bit of time to decide whether I wanted to pursue it or not, but I was hooked midway through the second episode.

I really liked it but I don't recall picking up on the angel returning to earth. There is nothing religious about the show. How did I miss that? Its been a while since I watched it but I thought it raised more the question of her being abducted by aliens.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I really liked it but I don't recall picking up on the angel returning to earth. There is nothing religious about the show. How did I miss that? Its been a while since I watched it but I thought it raised more the question of her being abducted by aliens.

I think the angel business came up about midway, I think after she died and returned a second time.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
started watching The Newsroom based upon this thread. We never got hooked on West Wing (Aaron Sorkin), but really like this. It's a fast paced drama/comedy.