• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

UPGRADE WORKING NOW

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got an upgrade! Booked a one bedroom at BCR a while back and it is now a two bedroom. Anyone else get one? Is the upgrade working now?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Congrats!! A trailblazer!

Did you get a notification or did you find out by going to your list of reservations?

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! A trailblazer!

Did you get a notification or did you find out by going to your list of reservations?

I found out by going through my reservations. I just booked a reservation and requested an upgrade as a test. Hopefully I will find it upgraded soon.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Call the resort to double check.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Also just because it is there doesn't mean it will stay there. A resort may see the upgrade in their system up until the point where they take it away and then they will see the reservation in the smaller unit without any kind of documentation that it was ever a larger unit.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Also just because it is there doesn't mean it will stay there. A resort may see the upgrade in their system up until the point where they take it away and then they will see the reservation in the smaller unit without any kind of documentation that it was ever a larger unit.

Who is the "they" that will take it away?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The same they that gave it in the first place. Wyndham's computer systems giveth and and then Wyndham;s computer system can taketh away. This is from reports on the wyndham facebook page- upgraded - and not the first week or two -confirmed directly with the resort everything seemed good but arrived and told no they weren't upgraded and no evidence in the computer showing it was upgraded and then reverted back to the original size.

Explorer7

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I read multiple reports like this on the Facebook page also where every effort was made to verify the upgrade and then it went back to the original unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The same they that gave it in the first place. Wyndham's computer systems giveth and and then Wyndham;s computer system can taketh away. This is from reports on the wyndham facebook page- upgraded - and not the first week or two -confirmed directly with the resort everything seemed good but arrived and told no they weren't upgraded and no evidence in the computer showing it was upgraded and then reverted back to the original size.

Okay. I know there were a lot of this kind of problem shortly after roll-out but I don't recall if it was instant upgrades or auto upgrades. I tend to think it was instant upgrades. This is maybe the first reported sighting of a bona fide auto upgrade. (Like yeti or a UFO.) Someday, we may get away from easy come, easy go and be able to rely on reservation confirmations.

Let's see how things go for Ms. Seitz.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay. I know there were a lot of this kind of problem shortly after roll-out but I don't recall if it was instant upgrades or auto upgrades. I tend to think it was instant upgrades. This is maybe the first reported sighting of a bona fide auto upgrade.

Instant upgrade is working ok, except the upgrade path is wonky and not what it used to be, and with no update or clarification from Wyndham. There was a lot of ghost units, that showed an upgrade but it wasn't really there. But I have noticed that as ceased for the most part.

Auto upgrade is what is the problem. I had received one, but it was taken away, a few days after I received it. I am sure it is NOT working, as I have had opportunities for an upgrade that did NOT happen. I was able to rebook it and upgrade it, then cancel my original booking that went without the Auto upgrade.

This is the first Auto upgrade that we have heard of, since they turned it off in the first week.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Auto upgrade is NOT working for me. I have a one bedroom unit at Nashville next month for the eclipse. Booked months ago before the great Massacre of May 22. Went back in after new rollout to tell it I wanted upgrade. I really need a bigger room. Have six of us going including two small kids. Today I saw a two bedroom unit. Mine still hadn't upgraded. So I just booked the two bedroom. Got it! And at half points. Which is a better deal than the upgrade. But I'm irritated that they can't make this simple function work properly. How can we have any confidence in this company full of buffoons?

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Auto upgrade is NOT working for me. I have a one bedroom unit at Nashville next month for the eclipse. I really need a bigger room. Have six of us going including two small kids. Today I saw a two bedroom unit.

Your lucky to snag the 2 BR, I too am waiting for an upgrade book long ago for the same interval at Nashville. There are only single days here and there. I am hoping for a discount and/or an upgrade, mine too are booked at full points.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
I have a one bedroom unit at Nashville next month for the eclipse.
We're booked in Nashville for the Eclipse as well .. 4 nights starting Friday 8/18. We also booked a 1 BR months ago at full points and later requested the upgrade. No upgrade and have not been so lucky to spot even a 1 BR for those nights for the discount. We're such nerds. Hope you've got your Eclipse glasses. Lots to choose from on Amazon.

Bob

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe we just received an auto upgrade for Aug at Smoky Mountain. I got no notification from Wyndham but it appears we went from 1br Dlx to 2br Dlx per our reservation. I still prefer to look for upgrades myself since I checked often and usually got the upgrade. Now even the lazy people who never checked will get the upgrade if they are higher on the pecking order than I.

sharetimer

Reaction score
I still don't understand Wyndham's definition of an "upgrade" with the new system. Whether it's instant or auto.

Apparently a 1 BR Presidential Suite is no longer an upgrade from a 1 BR Deluxe. But a 2 BR Deluxe, Pool View at the Great Smokies Lodge is an upgrade from a 2 BR Deluxe.

The inconsistently doesn't make sense! But then again, we are talking about ...

Baby Jane

Reaction score
I still don't understand Wyndham's definition of an "upgrade" with the new system. Whether it's instant or auto.

Apparently a 1 BR Presidential Suite is no longer an upgrade from a 1 BR Deluxe. But a 2 BR Deluxe, Pool View at the Great Smokies Lodge is an upgrade from a 2 BR Deluxe.

The inconsistently doesn't make sense! But then again, we are talking about ...
Well it asks if you want size or better view or either I believe. Still not as good as picking your own if available :(

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Just had an update at Bonnet Creek. Our Sales "Advisor," (I don't do sales) told us that the owners getting upgrades are CWA and PR. Also photocopied their new contract specifications. Upgrading Access requires owners with 0 - 153,999 points have an incremental purchase requirement of 105,000 points. Owners trading 154,000 or greater points have an incremental purchase requirement of 150% of the points being traded. Example:
upload_2017-7-29_18-6-21.png

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Sorry. We were also told that since we had 315,000 Access points, we had to combine them with a 200,000 contract.
So we would have to purchase 750,000 more access points with an average of $0.25 per point. This post may not belong here. If not, I apologize. We were told that to get upgrades you had to be access or PR.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Sorry. We were also told that since we had 315,000 Access points, we had to combine them with a 200,000 contract.
So we would have to purchase 750,000 more access points with an average of $0.25 per point. This post may not belong here. If not, I apologize. We were told that to get upgrades you had to be access or PR.

And they probably have a similar sheet about trading in your UDI/Select to get into CWA, for those who already own deeded UDI. I had an update at Wyndham Canterbury where they told me how worthless my CWA was. They had a document on Wyndham stationary that claimed the the MF for CWA would double within 8 years and Canterbury would only be going up 1 percent per year. I couldn't manage to take a picture of it. They also had a document similar to the one you show with the cost breakdown for me to move up to UDI/select at Canterbury and be Silver VIP for only $25,000. When she found I wasn't buying it. She switched gears and started telling me how great CWA was great if I just bought more of it. I've certainly had many updates that take different ways of selling, but I have never had one "sales advisor" argue both sides of an issue in the same meeting.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We were told that to get upgrades you had to be access or PR.

To get upgrades on the unit size, when they are available, you have to be at least a silver VIP owner. It doesn't matter if your points are CWA, CWS or presidential reserve.

Right now to the best of my knowledge the automatic upgrades still aren't working for the most part. There have been a couple of recent reports from owners who received an automatic upgrade but I don't think we've heard back from them yet if they actually got the upgraded unit size when they arrived at the resort. The upgrades at the time of booking are working but sometimes the system says an upgrade is available then later in the booking process it tells you it isn't. However if you try to book that same larger unit it will be available so there are obviously some issues there too.

ljc50

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting for un upgrade on a 2 bedroom deluxe ocean view at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard since the new role out (or new f**** up) This was booked a LONG time ago and at Platinum VIP level. Nothing. I don't understand how or what the pecking order is for upgrades. I hate that I can't look at and choose my own up grade. I don't want to loose a 2 bedroom ocean view to a 3 bedroom no view and I was told this is what could happen if I picked a larger unit as my choice. None of this makes sense.