• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II has officially become a PIA

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I put in an exchange request for March 2019. I did this neatly 2 years in advance. Since putting in the request II insists they are contractually obligated to call me every 30 days to ask me about me request.

I've asked them not to call. I've told them not to call. I've even tried removing my phone number from our II account. Fortunately they only have my land line number and I'm about to cancel that line.

Normally I'm happy with our MVC ownership but this is really ticking me off.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure I would let what turns out to be a two minute call once a month bother me that much. We get the calls now and then, I tell them I am not interested in whatever it is that they are offering me instead and to just keep my current request out there. All is well and they and I move on until they call again. I actually use it sometimes to glean whatever information I can from them, which usually isn't much. I have far bigger problems than a two minute phone call. Perhaps like the many other telemarketing calls we get every couple days.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some II agents are worse than others. The last one refused to hang up and insisted on arguing over why I did not want what she offered as I kept repeating that I only wanted exactly what I had requested for. I gave up and finally hung up.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I put in an exchange request for March 2019. I did this neatly 2 years in advance. Since putting in the request II insists they are contractually obligated to call me every 30 days to ask me about me request.

I've asked them not to call. I've told them not to call. I've even tried removing my phone number from our II account. Fortunately they only have my land line number and I'm about to cancel that line.

Contractually obligated to call you every 30 days - that really is total madness.
Although it is not an MVC issue.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Contractually obligated to call you every 30 days - that really is total madness.
Although it is not an MVC issue.

It is when it's a Marriott to Marriott request using the D.C. II corporate account. The contractual obligation is between MVC and II.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The employees calling you probably don't even work directly for II. They are contracted and paid on a commission if they get you to take something else that they currently have. So it is their contract with II.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
It is when it's a Marriott to Marriott request using the D.C. II corporate account. The contractual obligation is between MVC and II.
MVC (contractually) requires II to call every 30 days? Never heard of this.

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
The calls don't bother me. It at least confirms I am in the system and they know it. I can see from the caller ID who the call is from and if I don't feel like talking I just don't answer.

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I am confused.
From your original post, you mentioned an exchange request from which I realise now that I wrongly assumed you are requesting a Deposit First or Request First exchange to another MVC resort through Interval, which is why I couldn't understand it being an MVC issue.
For a DC Points MVC to MVC internal request though, if MVC needed to source the required week from Interval I would have expected them to do this totally without my involvement.
Certainly when I have requested one of these and had to go on a Wait list for a couple of months, as it was not immediately available, I never had any contact from Interval in this time.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I am confused.
From your original post, you mentioned an exchange request from which I realise now that I wrongly assumed you are requesting a Deposit First or Request First exchange to another MVC resort through Interval, which is why I couldn't understand it being an MVC issue.
For a DC Points MVC to MVC internal request though, if MVC needed to source the required week from Interval I would have expected them to do this totally without my involvement.
Certainly when I have requested one of these and had to go on a Wait list for a couple of months, as it was not immediately available, I never had any contact from Interval in this time.
I think they did a deposit first with a Marriott week into the corporate II account that is controlled and set up with II by Marriott and they are searching for other Marriott's. I get the same calls for the same situation and it really is quite annoying. I'm sure I've gotten quite rude for these calls because I interrupt them and tell them if they're not calling to offer me a specific exchange option related to what I have already, we're both wasting our time. Usually that gets them off the phone. My wife doesn't answer if she knows it's II or if it doesn't say who it is and she's the one who's here when most of the calls come through. So I've gotten 2 post cards about how they're trying to get in touch with me about an important matter and they don't have viable contract info. Historically I've had success asking them to NOT call but the last couple of years, not so much. I doubt it's contractually required and I'd doubtful it's even contractually allowed specifically. The one thing that nags at me with these, like Pavlov's Dog, is that on 2 occasions in the past they've called me with an offer for EXACTLY what I had in my search. Why they didn't just match them, as they should have, I'll never know. Had I not taken these calls, I might not have had the matches and since they were difficult and desirable options, I do have some hesitation about telling them not to call but have anyway.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they did a deposit first with a Marriott week into the corporate II account that is controlled and set up with II by Marriott and they are searching for other Marriott's. I get the same calls for the same situation and it really is quite annoying. I'm sure I've gotten quite rude for these calls because I interrupt them and tell them if they're not calling to offer me a specific exchange option related to what I have already, we're both wasting our time. Usually that gets them off the phone. My wife doesn't answer if she knows it's II or if it doesn't say who it is and she's the one who's here when most of the calls come through. So I've gotten 2 post cards about how they're trying to get in touch with me about an important matter and they don't have viable contract info. Historically I've had success asking them to NOT call but the last couple of years, not so much. I doubt it's contractually required and I'd doubtful it's even contractually allowed specifically. The one thing that nags at me with these, like Pavlov's Dog, is that on 2 occasions in the past they've called me with an offer for EXACTLY what I had in my search. Why they didn't just match them, as they should have, I'll never know. Had I not taken these calls, I might not have had the matches and since they were difficult and desirable options, I do have some hesitation about telling them not to call but have anyway.
Thank you for explaining this.
My understanding has been (excluding here for now all other non MVC options) that you
1) use your home week
2) elect your week for points and request an internal MVC to MVC exchange, dealing only with MVC
3) request an MVC to MVC exchange externally through Interval, using your Corporate account if you
have one, dealing only with Interval
I do all of these.
For 2), I have never had a call from Interval and would not expect one
For 3), I do occasionally get a call from Interval, but only to say they are still on the case and hope to
be able to fulfil our request soon, never to push or encourage me to consider other options.
Perhaps we are lucky in Europe, as I guess they have a much smaller operation and the Interval rep we deal with knows us and our preferences?

Suzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of their constant calls also. I've ignored their recent calls. This last week I received 12 postcards in one day.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
This is a deposit first request, Marriott to Marriott, as an enrolled owner/member of the D.C., using the MVC corporate account with II.

We also have an individual account and make exchanges outside of the Marriott system using Marriott's corporate account. II doesn't bother us on a monthly basis UNLESS it's been an Marriott to Marriott exchange. They have called before about othe non-MVC exchanges or when we've used our individual account, just not as often and, when asked to not call again, they've respected that request. It's ONLY been with Marriott to Marriott II exchanges using the MVC corporate account as an enrolled owner that I get this BS line that they are contractually obligated to call about the exchange request every 30 days.

This is why I believe it's more of a MVC issue than II issue, unless II has recently had a policy change, which is possible.

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a deposit first request, Marriott to Marriott, as an enrolled owner/member of the D.C., using the MVC corporate account with II.

We also have an individual account and make exchanges outside of the Marriott system using Marriott's corporate account. II doesn't bother us on a monthly basis UNLESS it's been an Marriott to Marriott exchange. They have called before about othe non-MVC exchanges or when we've used our individual account, just not as often and, when asked to not call again, they've respected that request. It's ONLY been with Marriott to Marriott II exchanges using the MVC corporate account as an enrolled owner that I get this BS line that they are contractually obligated to call about the exchange request every 30 days.

This is why I believe it's more of a MVC issue than II issue, unless II has recently had a policy change, which is possible.

I can totally understand your frustration and I would escalate the issue if I received these unsolicited, pestering calls.
Perhaps it is different in the US, but there is definitely not any worldwide contractual obligation to make them like this - that Is my experience in the UK anyway.
We too regularly request Marriott to Marriott II exchanges using the MVC corporate account as an enrolled owner, but never receive these calls.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Unfortunately, I put up with the calls because I have some one bedrooms and have entered searches for resorts with only two bedroom units. If I don't answer the phone call, I might miss the opportunity to upgrade to the two bedroom.

Of course, II could always add something into the system that says my card will be charged automatically for the upgrade fee, should I get a match. But they don't do that. It would be nice, but they don't. Of course, I am always thinking I am missing their calls to offer me a 2 bedroom for my one bedroom. It's a new worry. :)

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I put up with the calls because I have some one bedrooms and have entered searches for resorts with only two bedroom units. If I don't answer the phone call, I might miss the opportunity to upgrade to the two bedroom.

Of course, II could always add something into the system that says my card will be charged automatically for the upgrade fee, should I get a match. But they don't do that. It would be nice, but they don't. Of course, I am always thinking I am missing their calls to offer me a 2 bedroom for my one bedroom. It's a new worry. :)
Well yes, those calls we do get from Interval but that is rather different.
We regularly request MVC Studio to MVC 1/2/3 Bed exchanges and if they become available I am only to happy to take a their call to confirm acceptance, even if I do now have to pay the upgrade fees.
It is the calls where they don't have any of your available exchanges and try to get you to accept something else that we don't get and I would object to.

kedler

TUG Member
Reaction score

I keep getting the same pestering phone calls due to standing requests for weeks on deposit with Interval. I was tempted to ignore them but then they called to say they had a match for a request so I kept answering but its still a PIA. I'm not sure why they feel the need to make these calls other than if they are offering you something that they haven't offered before.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
I've had those same calls a long time ago, but I fixed that by placing a text only number in my info file. If you download Textplus - it assigns you a number and when they do call, if its important, they will leave a message which you can retrieve. You can set the app to either ring your phone physically or set it so it will show that there is a call but not actually ring - you only notice if you're staring at your phone that a call is coming in. Set it which ever way works best or you. I always give my text only number to things I fill out at businesses or companies I'm getting stuff from so I don't get those solicitation calls as you never know who gets the numbers. I've had a few where right after I filled out their forms, I got calls "from the government and I have to call back right now and I'm going to be arrested if I don't call and make payment arrangements" Lol/

It also has in my file that I do not give them permission to call, but that was before they changed their system that it doesn't allow you to actually select it once you put a number in. In spite of that they do occasionally call, but when it is for a 2 br upgrade, they leave me a message about it and I call them back. When it is an offer of another resort, they don't usually leave a message, so thus far, the system has worked well where I'm not missing anything.

Textplus is free. There are some other free text apps as well that can work.

DB-Wis

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a request pending and we've received more calls from Interval related (ostensibly) to it than any other prior request. My wife's cell phone number is the primary phone number on the account. The representative purports to be just checking to see if we want to add additional resorts or additional weeks to the request, but he/she also uses the opportunity to suggest we deposit one of our other weeks and get an AC. My wife got a couple of calls within about 10 days and when she pointed that out the rep he apologized and said the prior call had not been properly logged into their system. But the calls continued.

On the one hand, I too am glad to see that our pending request is being acknowledged, but, on the other hand, the call have become something of a nuisance -- especially since it appears they are using the pending request as a pretense to call to twist our arm to deposit another week.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a request pending and we've received more calls from Interval related (ostensibly) to it than any other prior request. My wife's cell phone number is the primary phone number on the account. The representative purports to be just checking to see if we want to add additional resorts or additional weeks to the request, but he/she also uses the opportunity to suggest we deposit one of our other weeks and get an AC. My wife got a couple of calls within about 10 days and when she pointed that out the rep he apologized and said the prior call had not been properly logged into their system. But the calls continued.

On the one hand, I too am glad to see that our pending request is being acknowledged, but, on the other hand, the call have become something of a nuisance -- especially since it appears they are using the pending request as a pretense to call to twist our arm to deposit another week.
This does seem to have become a rather disturbing trend.
I guess we will see if it extends to this side of the pond?

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Wow... I haven't experienced this. I got a call from II about 6 years ago regarding an exchange to Grand Chateau and they called to see if I would accept the week they had, which was one of the weeks I requested so I had no idea why they called (normally I just get an email informing me of the exchange). And another time a few years back I got one of those "checking in" calls to see if I wanted to update my pending exchange request (I didn't).

One reason may be because I installed NoMoRobo on my landline a few years back so any robot-dialed calls get intercepted and disconnected(?) after one ring. I rarely ever answer my landline phone unless my caller ID shows a name or number I recognize. I also refuse to give II my cellphone number, tho I see the message in my INbox requesting it every time I log in.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The calls are getting maddening. Of course they come at the worst possible time (on my cell when I'm at work and in the middle of other things). They all start by saying, "we're still working on your request." Reps have told me they have to call every 30-days. In addition, they will have to call me when there is a possible match because they can't automatically match me anymore... that they have to call because of the new upgrade charge (I deposited a one bedroom and requesting a property that only has two bedrooms). I have several requests in, so that means multiple calls! They can't call about all pending requests during the same phone call.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
This exchange has got me thinking.
Whilst I don't (as yet anyway) get regular phone calls from Interval, I do get regular letters by post from them saying "we're still working on your request"
Worse still, I often get 2 or 3 of these in the post on the same day for different requests in separate envelopes.
This is nowhere near as bad as receiving phone calls though, as I can just ignore them.
It is ridiculous nevertheless and I did once tell them that it was a complete waste of their money and I guess eventually my money too, but stopping these letters seemed to be on their too difficult pile.