• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FINALLY able to log in to new website

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
This has been an adventure, but we finally have success and I want to share how we did it.

Our Wyndham holdings are held in a family trust, so that complicated the registration process. In addition, the Wyndham IT folks writing the code apparently don't speak "trust," so they don't understand how trusts should be registered, what terms like "trustee," or "Co-trustee" mean, etc.

Long story short -- from the inception of the new website until this morning, we have had zero access to our account online. Our only option was to call the reservations number, wait on hold for a very long time, and then speak to a person who could do nothing to help us. After trying that a number of times, and doing a nasty feedback on the website itself, I finally decided to take "other measures."

I filed a formal complaint with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Timeshare Division. I filled out their form and mailed it last week, sending Wyndham Legal a copy at the Orlando address.

Yesterday I received an email from the DBPR investigator assigned to our case, asking me to call her because she needed additional information. I called and explained the situation to her.

She explained to me that technically they really didn't have jurisdiction because a) our home resort is in TN, and b) the issue is an administrative issue within Wyndham itself, not a consumer issue.

BUT...she said she would place a "courtesy call" to Wyndham in the hopes of getting a positive response. That was about 4 PM yesterday.

(If you have ever dealt with law enforcement (I'm retired LE) or regulatory agencies, you know that there is nothing courteous about that kind of call. The calls usually start with, "We don't want to make this an 'official matter," but..." "Courtesy calls" are very effective.)

This morning at 8:30 AM, I received a call from a very nice Wyndham employee in Springfield, MO. It took almost an hour, but he eventually walked me through the convoluted gymnasitcs of accommodating the legal terminology of our trust to Wyndham's messed-up coding.

And we are now live online!

Now, to unload this damn thing!

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
This has been an adventure, but we finally have success and I want to share how we did it.

Our Wyndham holdings are held in a family trust, so that complicated the registration process. In addition, the Wyndham IT folks writing the code apparently don't speak "trust," so they don't understand how trusts should be registered, what terms like "trustee," or "Co-trustee" mean, etc.

Long story short -- from the inception of the new website until this morning, we have had zero access to our account online. Our only option was to call the reservations number, wait on hold for a very long time, and then speak to a person who could do nothing to help us. After trying that a number of times, and doing a nasty feedback on the website itself, I finally decided to take "other measures."

I filed a formal complaint with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Timeshare Division. I filled out their form and mailed it last week, sending Wyndham Legal a copy at the Orlando address.

Yesterday I received an email from the DBPR investigator assigned to our case, asking me to call her because she needed additional information. I called and explained the situation to her.

She explained to me that technically they really didn't have jurisdiction because a) our home resort is in TN, and b) the issue is an administrative issue within Wyndham itself, not a consumer issue.

BUT...she said she would place a "courtesy call" to Wyndham in the hopes of getting a positive response. That was about 4 PM yesterday.

(If you have ever dealt with law enforcement (I'm retired LE) or regulatory agencies, you know that there is nothing courteous about that kind of call. The calls usually start with, "We don't want to make this an 'official matter," but..." "Courtesy calls" are very effective.)

This morning at 8:30 AM, I received a call from a very nice Wyndham employee in Springfield, MO. It took almost an hour, but he eventually walked me through the convoluted gymnasitcs of accommodating the legal terminology of our trust to Wyndham's messed-up coding.

Congrats glad you finally got a solution. Sad you have to go through all those steps to get something that should have been automatic.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone at Wyndham in Springfield also just finally got my acct. registered. What they had to do was go in as a person (not a trust) and put my name and then TTEE in. That allowed him to register the account for me. I'm so glad I'm finally registered.

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

Someone at Wyndham in Springfield also just finally got my acct. registered. What they had to do was go in as a person (not a trust) and put my name and then TTEE in. That allowed him to register the account for me. I'm so glad I'm finally registered.
These two cases of many is why I think we will see a big change in the website or a big announcement in regards to the website at the annual meeting.

I expect someone from the Florida AGs office will be at the meeting along with some press mingling among the owners.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Braindead,

Wyndham will just use the excuse that the old website had been corrupted or hacked ... they were forced to INSTALL a new reservation system ASAP else the Reservation System was going to implode, hurting our owners in getting vacations for their families.

Possible Press Release jargon: "Yes, there has been some minor problems with a new and very different website ... but these minor issues are (almost) totally resolved. And our owners are just THRILLED with the new re-designed website with so MANY new & improved options to booked their vacation for SHORT stays, extended 14 day stay, with AUTO upgrades.
Plus, owners who 'abused' the old and antiqued computer system with tricks have lost the ability to do so in the new system. Now, all of our customers will be able to FAIRLY book their vacations stays for themselves & their families."

Wyndham is a SALES company .... "spin doctors" extra-ordinary.

As I learned early in life about any type of salesmen or saleswomen, "if their lips are moving, they are lying".

Last edited:

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
These two cases of many is why I think we will see a big change in the website or a big announcement in regards to the website at the annual meeting.

I expect someone from the Florida AGs office will be at the meeting along with some press mingling among the owners.
We'll see.

I don't know why the AG's office would be there, other than publicity-seeking; they're not the state agency which has jurisdiction over timeshares.

I also can't imagine a regulatory agency attending an annual meeting of a timeshare! Anything they have to communicate would be communicated to management, not the owners -- unless the owners association itself had filed some kind of official complaint...which is virtually impossible with Wyndham-controlled association boards.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

So you called in the heavy guns. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
When the new system went up I was able to login for about 3 days. Ever since then I get the following message. Everytime I call Wyndham, and it has been many, I get the same old, "We are working on it."
upload_2017-7-21_22-59-53.png

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll see.

I don't know why the AG's office would be there, other than publicity-seeking; they're not the state agency which has jurisdiction over timeshares.

I also can't imagine a regulatory agency attending an annual meeting of a timeshare! Anything they have to communicate would be communicated to management, not the owners -- unless the owners association itself had filed some kind of official complaint...which is virtually impossible with Wyndham-controlled association boards.
It's my understanding the agency you contacted is a division in the Florida AGs office. If they are not with the AGs office. They would have meaningful direct contact with the AGs office.
Your own case is why I think there will be a State of Florida representative present at the Annual Meeting.
The investigator told you they have no jurisdiction in your case.
So why get involved ? They had no jurisdiction either like the AGs office according to you.
Why did Wyndham respond to the courtesy call if no one in the State of Florida has any jurisdiction?

You are wrong about AGs office has no jurisdiction over timeshares.
Every states AGs office has jurisdiction over timeshares in their state. The AGs office files and prosecutes the states claims on any businesses including timeshares businesses.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding the agency you contacted is a division in the Florida AGs office. If they are not with the AGs office. They would have meaningful direct contact with the AGs office.
They are not a part of the AG's office. If they get involved in any criminal prosecutions, those would be done through the local State Attorney, who is a local elected official also unrelated to the AG's office.
Your own case is why I think there will be a State of Florida representative present at the Annual Meeting.
I would make the argument that a regulator attending the annual meeting would be an inappropriate conflict of interest.
The investigator told you they have no jurisdiction in your case.
So why get involved ? They had no jurisdiction either like the AGs office according to you.
It's called customer service. DBPR saw a consumer being harmed by Wyndham's issues. Regulatory agencies rarely put people in jail; they solve most of the problems just like they did this one.
Why did Wyndham respond to the courtesy call if no one in the State of Florida has any jurisdiction?
They received a request for assistance from the regulatory agency that governs their activities in the nation's third most populous state and they provided that assistance. Wyndham may be wild and crazy, but they're not stupid.

You are wrong about AGs office has no jurisdiction over timeshares.
Every states AGs office has jurisdiction over timeshares in their state. The AGs office files and prosecutes the states claims on any businesses including timeshares businesses.
Not in Florida, although I guess they could file a civil action against a timeshare company if they thought it was warranted. The Florida AG is the chief legal officer for the state, but generally does not deal with individual cases. There are rare exceptions where they will appoint a special prosecutor or convene a statewide Grand Jury to look at a specific matter, but they are not normally involved in day-to-day legal questions from the general public.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are not a part of the AG's office. If they get involved in any criminal prosecutions, those would be done through the local State Attorney, who is a local elected official also unrelated to the AG's office.I would make the argument that a regulator attending the annual meeting would be an inappropriate conflict of interest.It's called customer service. DBPR saw a consumer being harmed by Wyndham's issues. Regulatory agencies rarely put people in jail; they solve most of the problems just like they did this one.
They received a request for assistance from the regulatory agency that governs their activities in the nation's third most populous state and they provided that assistance. Wyndham may be wild and crazy, but they're not stupid.

Not in Florida, although I guess they could file a civil action against a timeshare company if they thought it was warranted. The Florida AG is the chief legal officer for the state, but generally does not deal with individual cases. There are rare exceptions where they will appoint a special prosecutor or convene a statewide Grand Jury to look at a specific matter, but they are not normally involved in day-to-day legal questions from the general public.
I must be using wrong terminology. I'm calling your local State Attorney the State of Florida AG and yes they are elected officials.

In my opinion it wouldn't be inappropriate or a conflict of interest for a State of Florida employee attending the annual meeting for investigative purposes. Simply getting info on what Wyndham is telling owners along with getting info from owners on what is and has occurred

If a state regulatory agency doesn't get resolution in a matter they go to the States AGs office for any possible legal action.
On Wyndham being stupid. After many lawsuits including lawsuits from different States AGs has Wyndham changed their sales practices?
Many here would say NO. Wyndham has thumbed their nose at regulatory agencies over and over.

I'm confused you first say local State Attorney and then in the last paragraph you refer to the Florida AG. Aren't these the same ?
In my state they are same. I know I was deeply involved in a case about 15 years ago

Last edited:

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm confused you first say local State Attorney and then in the last paragraph you refer to the Florida AG. Aren't these the same ?
In my state they are same. I know I was deeply involved in a case about 15 years ago
No, they are not the same in Florida. FWIW, I am retired law enforcement and was intimately involved in both criminal and civil/regulatory cases for 25 years.

The state AG is elected statewide and is a member of the Florida Cabinet, which has very broad authority outside of each individual member's portfolio. The AG is basically the head corporate lawyer for the State of Florida and rarely interjects themselves into local legal matters. Regulatory agencies have their own legal staffs and handle their own legal matters, except for criminal prosecutions.

The State Attorney is the chief criminal prosecutor for a particular Judicial District and is elected within that specific district. They are criminal prosecutors only, not civil, although they can also sometimes seek injunctive relief, protective orders, etc.

The Governor can also appoint a Special Prosecutor if needed -- for example, if a State Attorney is conflicted out of a particular case. Our Governor has done that, I believe, in Orange County (Orlando) because the State Attorney there refuses to prosecute death penalty cases.

We'll have to agree to disagree about whether a regulator attending a timeshare annual meeting would be inappropriate.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, they are not the same in Florida. FWIW, I am retired law enforcement and was intimately involved in both criminal and civil/regulatory cases for 25 years.

The state AG is elected statewide and is a member of the Florida Cabinet, which has very broad authority outside of each individual member's portfolio. The AG is basically the head corporate lawyer for the State of Florida and rarely interjects themselves into local legal matters. Regulatory agencies have their own legal staffs and handle their own legal matters, except for criminal prosecutions.

The State Attorney is the chief criminal prosecutor for a particular Judicial District and is elected within that specific district. They are criminal prosecutors only, not civil, although they can also sometimes seek injunctive relief, protective orders, etc.

The Governor can also appoint a Special Prosecutor if needed -- for example, if a State Attorney is conflicted out of a particular case. Our Governor has done that, I believe, in Orange County (Orlando) because the State Attorney there refuses to prosecute death penalty cases.

We'll have to agree to disagree about whether a regulator attending a timeshare annual meeting would be inappropriate.
Florida is definitely different than my state. I'm surprised in Florida that the AG is elected statewide and is in the cabinet.
Our AG is elected statewide but is not a member of the governors cabinet. I'm surprised one would have to win a statewide election to be in the cabinet. Cabinet positions are usually appointed positions and approved by the legislative branches

We have a republican governor with a democrat AG that have butted heads at times.

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Our acct is also in a Trust. I have had access since about May 25th. Not sure I buy the trust theory, although it seems to (possibly) have been the issue for a few. However, I did just update the guest name for someone in the account, and here's how the name looks when I select the trust:
upload_2017-7-23_17-33-2.png

If I were Wyndham IT, I would look for null values in owner names in general as a (huge) red flag, maybe that would help overall in the registration issue?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our acct is also in a Trust. I have had access since about May 25th. Not sure I buy the trust theory, although it seems to (possibly) have been the issue for a few. However, I did just update the guest name for someone in the account, and here's how the name looks when I select the trust:
View attachment 4362
If I were Wyndham IT, I would look for null values in owner names in general as a (huge) red flag, maybe that would help overall in the registration issue?
You need to create a login and profile for null null.
Atleast you have another owner that doesn't need a GC in the first 48 hrs on reservations possibly for family,friends, or renting.
You need to add this to your list of pros with the new website