• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Yeah, I know... But I'd like to stick with Wyndham

MartzMimic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Club Wyndham annual 84,000-point resale at the Wyndham Grand Desert in Vegas yesterday. An attractive part for us was RCI Last Call for our kids.

We like Wyndham and want to ultimately remain owners - our schedules make specific week timeshares impractical - but after joining TUGS and reading about 10 minutes, I'm getting the idea I'm better off rescinding and buying off the resale market.

I've looked at some of the resale ads for Wyndham points. Are those just for someone transferring their points to you, or is it actually purchasing the timeshare with the associated points outright? And do things like Plus, RCI Last Call and VIP transfer also?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Last edited:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Club Wyndham annual 84,000-point resale at the Wyndham Grand Desert in Vegas yesterday. An attractive part for us was RCI Last Call for our kids.

We like Wyndham and want to ultimately remain owners - our schedules make specific week timeshares impractical - but after joining TUGS and reading about 10 minutes, I'm getting the idea I'm better off rescinding and buying off the resale market.

I've looked at some of the resale ads for Wyndham points. Are those just for someone transferring their points to you, or is it actually purchasing the timeshare with the associated points outright? And do things like Plus, RCI Last Call and VIP transfer also?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Probably more appropriate for the Wyndham-specific forum, but I'll offer a few casual observations as a now former Wyndham owner.

1. 84k CW points isn't going to get you anything of much use or benefit to you, particularly considering the space needs of a family. I recommend rescinding while you still can; you have almost certainly paid too much for too little. The resale market has bigger (and cheaper) offerings than what you can ever acquire buying (and overpaying) developer-direct.

2. Resale ads you're seeing could be for Club Wyndham Access "points only" contracts or could perhaps for a deeded week at a Wyndham resort subsequently also converted to Wyndham points (we owned one of the latter, but these types of ownerships seem to be going the way of the dinosaurs). In either case the products you're seeing advertised are for (permanent) sale and transfer, with all associated annual fee obligations obviously transferring right along with them.

3. Our former "converted" fixed week was regarded as "Club Wyndham Plus", but distinctions about "Plus" escape me (if I ever knew at all). Our 183k CW points got us a single, half-decent 2BR winter week in FL; this gives you some insight into just how little use 84k CW points would be for you and your family. I'm sure that the deceitful sales weasels never bothered to mention to you the very significant limitations of having just 84k CW points to use for reservations.

4. RCI "Last Call" inventory is available to any RCI member (of course including all owners at any and all non-Wyndham resorts which are affiliated with RCI, if said owners choose to join RCI). Don't get all starry-eyed about Last Calls. Despite their relatively low cost, they are essentially unclaimed "leftover" inventory which may or may not actually be in any places or during any dates of interest to you.

5. To the best of my knowledge and belief, VIP does not "transfer". That allegedly "elite" status requires a significant developer-direct purchase (no thanks).

Lots of folks here are much more current and much more knowledgeable about Wyndham than I will ever be (or care to be), but I still hope this $0.02 worth helps at least a little bit to address some of the questions you have posed.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The original points club with Wyndham was a "plus" over a fixed or floating week ownership. The along came Club Wyndham Access ... which gives ARP Access to the various deeded weeks "held by the ACCESS Club" ... where as the original points club was "Plus" over owning fixed/floating weeks.

After the ARP booking window (months 13, 12, 11 before check in), the 2 CLUBS are the same and draw from the same inventory pool.

As for the only other different ... CWP MFs are calculated on the underlying deeds THAT member (you or me) actually owns. CWA MFs are calculated on ALL THE DEEDS MFS which are divided by the total number of points in CWA ... so you can FIND resorts with LOWER MFs than CWA points in CWP ... but you will also find points whose underlying deed's MFs are HIGHER.

ie Wyndham Royal Vista MFs are higher ... but if you MUST have ARP to book their during PRIME season. CWA has some inventory there (was a hold out with not originally place in CWA).

My AVATAR is a picture from a Royal Vista balcony....

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggest you look closely at the Member Directory they provided to you. Photo copy the 2 pages showing WHERE all the resorts are ... look up the ones YOUR family is MOST interested in stay at over and over again. Photo copy those points charts (which shows how many points are needed for the times YOUR family would be booking).

Learn what Wyndham charges you to book ... most of that has changed recently ... so read the Wyndham thread on the changes and the new fees.

I saw a recent post about having gotten a 84pt CWP contract. That WILL NOT get a PRIME week booked in ARP ... that is the value of a small, offseason week. And therefore, the owner would need MORE than 1 points deed. Each deed COSTs $299 for Wyndham to add to any member number .. that does not include any closing costs, deed prep and recording ... just for Wyndham to add that deed to under someone's account.

MartzMimic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggest you look closely at the Member Directory they provided to you. Photo copy the 2 pages showing WHERE all the resorts are ... look up the ones YOUR family is MOST interested in stay at over and over again. Photo copy those points charts (which shows how many points are needed for the times YOUR family would be booking).

Learn what Wyndham charges you to book ... most of that has changed recently ... so read the Wyndham thread on the changes and the new fees.

I saw a recent post about having gotten a 84pt CWP contract. That WILL NOT get a PRIME week booked in ARP ... that is the value of a small, offseason week. And therefore, the owner would need MORE than 1 points deed. Each deed COSTs $299 for Wyndham to add to any member number .. that does not include any closing costs, deed prep and recording ... just for Wyndham to add that deed to under someone's account.

Instead of hard copies, they gave us a Kindle Fire and downloaded everything on it through my Amazon account. So I'll fortunately still have access to all the documents.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
...they gave us a Kindle Fire and downloaded everything on it through my Amazon account. So I'll fortunately still have access to all the documents.

There are differing points of view regarding whether or not you should return the "gift" after rescission; I don't have an informed position on the matter.
I would expect slimy Westgate to attempt to charge rescinding buyers full retail price for any such "gifts" not returned, but I don't know about Wyndham. Maybe others with direct first hand experience will share their viewpoint. :shrug:

Last edited:

MartzMimic

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are differing points of view regarding whether or not you should return the "gift" after rescission. I don't have an informed position on the matter, personally. I would certainly expect slimy Westgate to attempt to charge rescinding buyers (full retail value) for any "gifts" not returned, but I frankly just don't know about Wyndham. Maybe others with direct first hand experience will share their viewpoint. :shrug:

I didn't make that clear, did I?

I fully expect to return the Kindle or pay for it, whichever they prefer. Regardless, I will still have access to the documents because they were files downloaded using my pre-existing Amazon account, just like any Kindle books I've purchased.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Welcome to tug and congratulations on finding us in time and rescinding.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't make that clear, did I?

I fully expect to return the Kindle or pay for it, whichever they prefer. Regardless, I will still have access to the documents because they were files downloaded using my pre-existing Amazon account, just like any Kindle books I've purchased.
Believe it or not. Ounce everything of yours was downloaded Wyndham doesn't want it back.
Quality control will not allow them to reissue it to someone else

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Believe it or not. Ounce everything of yours was downloaded Wyndham doesn't want it back.
Quality control will not allow them to reissue it to someone else

When did Wyndham get into Quality Control?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Understand that all points are symbolic of ownership, Whether you have the deed (club wyndham select) or not (club wyndham access), there is always a deed behind the points. So in regard to the secondary market, when you say: "Are those just for someone transferring their points to you, or is it actually purchasing the timeshare with the associated points outright? " The answer is: You purchase what the seller owns, either a deeded ownership or a membership in a club which club holds deeds

VIP benefits do not transfer on the secondary market. an RCI membership (with Last Call) is included with every account and paid for with your program fees.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Thanks for more info on this new 84,000 marketing ploy as "legacy" benefits. As I pointed out in an earlier post the offer cost $13800? Which only $12,000 was available on my Wyndham rewards card so the remainder was go on PayPal to be paid in 6 months. Therefore the $215 fees I said was too much for me to pay the new payment was much more plus reservations would be $235/each. They really can spin things for us older people.
I evidently read a post of selling VIP could possibly be transferrable.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
When did Wyndham get into Quality Control?
I know it's hard to believe. But that's how an individual was referred to in a sales office. The individual that does your contract along with walking you through the signing process and downloads the contract and other info onto the kindle was referred to as the quality control person.
I was also led to believe most if not all sales offices have a quality control person.
I purchased two contracts a few days apart and told them I didn't need the second Kindle. Sales replied they couldn't take it back ounce personal info downloaded due to quality control and to give it to the grandkids.

Probably called quality control because they get you to sign that Wyndham is not liable for anything a sales weasel told you!!

MartzMimic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am just so glad I found TUG in time to rescind my purchase.

We have friends who've had timeshares for years, and generously share their points with family and friends. We want to be able to do the same. Our kids are still in high school and college, so we'll be doing family vacations for a few more years. However, my parents are in their 70s, and the physical demands of their travel trailer means the days of them touring the country are coming to a close. As much as possible, I'd like to be able to cover the lodging costs for their future trips.

I can see a paltry 84k points won't come close to letting us do this. I had better plan on purchasing enough on the resale market to cover four to five prime weeks.

So, again, thank you all. I've learned a lot reading article already, and I'm sure I'll have plenty future questions about resale offerings, maintenance fees and such. You are appreciated.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I know it's hard to believe. But that's how an individual was referred to in a sales office. The individual that does your contract along with walking you through the signing process and downloads the contract and other info onto the kindle was referred to as the quality control person.
I was also led to believe most if not all sales offices have a quality control person.
I purchased two contracts a few days apart and told them I didn't need the second Kindle. Sales replied they couldn't take it back ounce personal info downloaded due to quality control and to give it to the grandkids.

Probably called quality control because they get you to sign that Wyndham is not liable for anything a sales weasel told you!!

Okay, I got it. This is quality control of sales. Lord knows they can't have a bad contract flying around. They can live with "Wyndham's new dysfunctional piece of crap website"* but not a bad contract.

* Hat tip to 55plus.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Thanks for more info on this new 84,000 marketing ploy as "legacy" benefits. As I pointed out in an earlier post the offer cost $13800? Which only $12,000 was available on my Wyndham rewards card so the remainder was go on PayPal to be paid in 6 months. Therefore the $215 fees I said was too much for me to pay the new payment was much more plus reservations would be $235/each. They really can spin things for us older people.
I evidently read a post of selling VIP could possibly be transferrable.
Just looked again at VIP and response from 55 where I saw it written up. Time will tell if I can transfer with help.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
I am just so glad I found TUG in time to rescind my purchase.

We have friends who've had timeshares for years, and generously share their points with family and friends. We want to be able to do the same. Our kids are still in high school and college, so we'll be doing family vacations for a few more years. However, my parents are in their 70s, and the physical demands of their travel trailer means the days of them touring the country are coming to a close. As much as possible, I'd like to be able to cover the lodging costs for their future trips.

I can see a paltry 84k points won't come close to letting us do this. I had better plan on purchasing enough on the resale market to cover four to five prime weeks.

So, again, thank you all. I've learned a lot reading article already, and I'm sure I'll have plenty future questions about resale offerings, maintenance fees and such. You are appreciated.

We, too, are in acquisition phase despite the recent website issues and program changes. Having owned and sold DVC in the past, I knew about the resale market (though it is much higher for DVC and not pennies on the dollar like the others) so I started looking on eBay and poking around here on TUG. So many helpful folks and so much useful information here! I just wanted to add that if you're patient enough and hang around both here and the Facebook Wyndham owners group, you can snag some freebie contracts from people who simply want out of the MFs. You may need to pay closing and transfer fees, but potentially not, either way it is a great deal. The big thing to watch for is MFs because they vary by resort for CWP and are set as an average I believe for CWA. I made myself a spreadsheet to use to compare MFs as I look. The other thing to know is that the transfer process is really slow. Anything you'd be acquiring now would most likely be available for use in 2018. Happy hunting!

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be able to go to most of the Wyndham resorts in a 2 BR deluxe for 1 week, you would need a minimum of 250,000 resale points. Some are less than that. Some are more. Some prime location or season 2 BR like Park City ski week for instance is 308,000 for the week.

MartzMimic

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be able to go to most of the Wyndham resorts in a 2 BR deluxe for 1 week, you would need a minimum of 250,000 resale points. Some are less than that. Some are more. Some prime location or season 2 BR like Park City ski week for instance is 308,000 for the week.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. We generally do a couple weeks every year, and 250k per week seems a good average of the places we frequent. Maybe another 150-200k for my folks. Just off what I've found on TUG and eBay, I could possibly get 832k for little money, about $850 in closing and transfer fees, then $408.47 MF. That's a heck of a lot better than the $24,000 I nearly spent for a 10th of that.

I'll probably put off actually buying anything for a while. We're going to Israel, Jordan and possibly Eqypt again next year, so it would be tough to use much in 2018.