• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

gottashiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Daytona Beach-Ocean Walk, San Francisco Canterbury
Yes, I even did a search where I somehow did not enter an area .. entered a beginning / ending date in August and it gave me back all room types available for all Wyndhams anywhere in the world .. 67 resorts for that search. And when that result set was showing, if I clicked on Map it put the 67 resorts on the map so I could visualize driving distance.

They might have re-configured the search capability over the last few days to allow this as a result of feedback or because they are more comfortable that these searches won't dim the lights in the computer room.

The main thing missing from filtering is the + or - 4 days.

Bob
This would be a great search to have! Often we don't know where we want to go and I would love to see everything available for the dates we can travel.

gottashiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Daytona Beach-Ocean Walk, San Francisco Canterbury
Not sure what you mean about a spinner. When you are at the home page and hit the orange "book" tab you should get three drop down boxes of destination, date and unit. Pick a state or area(NOT a resort) dates, and leave unit area blank. It will give you all available rooms at all resorts in that area. Then just click the orange "book" button next to the room you want.
I get the spinner also- my computer is thinking and not liking it!

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did anyone have overlapping reservations - see the warning, not fix any but the warning is gone, and the overlaps still exists?
I saw the warning once, it gave me a few confirmation numbers to look at. But now the error is gone - but I never clicked it, I have nothing in alerts.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
In the old system when I called in to book at a CWA resort, an APR reservation, I could not use credit pooled points. With the new system when I try to book during the express window or srandard window the system says I have 494k point available. If I try to book in the APR window it says I have 182k available. Even though that 182k is entirely within my 494k in the credit pool. Maybe figured since credit pool is going away there was no reason to spend the time to program that in.

Anyone know with the new system of moving point to the next use year, will the points keep the ARP ability, when moved, or loose it.

I might guess that perhaps the DEPOSITED points are restricted from ARP, as these are NEW and could have been coded to prevent that from happening, but until someone deposits points and attempts this, this will be speculation.

Since Wyndham expected to delete POOLED points altogether, I could see how they would overlook how to code them to restrict them from ARP, since they considered them gone.

So for now it appears that ARP booking is BLIND to what points you use, be it regular use year or pooled points, provided you have not utilized your maximum point value assign to a specific resort. I have to suspect this is just a coding error on Wyndham's part in regards to what POOLED points can do, could they be so stupid to overlook a basic restriction on DEPOSITED or POOLED points. I suppose they could, they have overlooked other blatantly obvious business rules before (thus a system loophole we exploit is created). But if they did code it incorrectly for pooled points, it is a short term problem on inventory access, as once pooled points get used up, the issue will go away.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Did anyone have overlapping reservations - see the warning, not fix any but the warning is gone, and the overlaps still exists?
I saw the warning once, it gave me a few confirmation numbers to look at. But now the error is gone - but I never clicked it, I have nothing in alerts.
Yes (short answer). I no longer see alerts for overlapping reservations.
Long answer -- seems pretty buggy
-- Had 3 sets of overlapping reservations that showed 3 reservations in each set
-- Fixed one overlapping "set" - instead of 3 alerts, had 11, but it was the 2 remaining sets duplicated 5.5 times
-- Fixed one more reservation in one set (should have needed to fix 2 in that set) and no more alerts since (never touched set 3)
-- Can see where I have overlapping reservations and no alerts

WYN based on your super flawed alert logic - PLEASE do not start using this logic to cancel reservations (as one would assume you would use the same logic in both the alerts as well as the cancellation process when you identify overlapping reservations).

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I changed my names on the overlapping ressies in the old system, before the conversion. Now in that old system I had a single owner name, but a version that was all upper case and another capitalized first letters but lower case otherwise, so I booked an extra reservation in one of the names to see what would happen. Because they appeared separate and unique in the old system, as they listed them separately in the drop down owner list

Well I got NO warnings and both the reservations are still intact but now they both appear in the new system as Capitalized first letters but mostly lower case. So right now i have what appears to be duplicate, but the system doesn't think so, because the data provided during the conversion still saw it as unique.

Now going forward I don't have duplicate name (one all upper, one standard) in the drop down. So that will limit by extra owners to book and hold units with.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
* No way to see total number of GC's available (just see that you have 1 or more). She thought that's a bug. To report a bug, suggested using contact us

I did find that when you actually go through the process of adding a guest it will tell you how many GCs you have available. The total used and total available show up at the final screen.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I might guess that perhaps the DEPOSITED points are restricted from ARP, as these are NEW and could have been coded to prevent that from happening, but until someone deposits points and attempts this, this will be speculation.

Since Wyndham expected to delete POOLED points altogether, I could see how they would overlook how to code them to restrict them from ARP, since they considered them gone.

So for now it appears that ARP booking is BLIND to what points you use, be it regular use year or pooled points, provided you have not utilized your maximum point value assign to a specific resort. I have to suspect this is just a coding error on Wyndham's part in regards to what POOLED points can do, could they be so stupid to overlook a basic restriction on DEPOSITED or POOLED points. I suppose they could, they have overlooked other blatantly obvious business rules before (thus a system loophole we exploit is created). But if they did code it incorrectly for pooled points, it is a short term problem on inventory access, as once pooled points get used up, the issue will go away.

If what wjapraise was told is the straight scoop then the individual points have nothing to do with arp. ie. There are no points that are "arp" points and no "non arp points

So, if for example, I own a 224000 point Bonnet Creek contract in a 1 million point account and I push all of my 2018 points into 2019 and I push all of my 2017 points into 2018

The question is: in November 2017 can I make a 2 bedroom ARP reservation for Christmas 2018?

Assuming I haven't made any other arp reservations at Bonnet Creek for 2018 reservations, I think the answers is yes

Bottom line is I don't think individual points are coded as belonging to one contract or another. If I own 224000 Bonnet Creek points and I have 224000 points in my account, I can make a 224000 point arp reservation

To be fair, I have no guess as to how converted fixed weeks are handled.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If what wjappraikse was told is the straight scoop then the individual points have nothing to do with arp. ie. There are no points that are "arp" points and no "non arp points

So, if for example, I own a 224000 point Bonnet Creek contract in a 1 million point account and I push all of my 2018 points into 2019 and I push all of my 2017 points into 2018

The question is: in November 2017 can I make a 2 bedroom ARP reservation for Christmas 2018?

Assuming I haven't made any other arp reservations at Bonnet Creek for 2018 reservations, I think the answers is yes

Bottom line is I don't think individual points are coded as belonging to one contract or another. If I own 224000 Bonnet Creek points and I have 224000 points in my account, I can make a 224000 point arp reservation

To be fair, I have no guess as to how converted fixed weeks are handled.

I have come to the same conclusion. But I also figure that you are only allotted a max points PER YEAR PER ARP, so in a given use year you can only book up to your maximum. So if you deposit this years points into next year, you can't book 2 ARPs, are you are limited to your cap of points EACH USE YEAR.

Converted fixed weeks, I have no idea how they implemented that puppy, but I guess I should see if I have an ARP coming up for one of them.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone located the look up table for what days are in a specific week number. I have yet to locate one, I had to go to another site to find anything.

Has someone found access to the check in dates tables?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have come to the same conclusion. But I also figure that you are only allotted a max points PER YEAR PER ARP, so in a given use year you can only book up to your maximum. So if you deposit this years points into next year, you can't book 2 ARPs, are you are limited to your cap of points EACH USE YEAR.

Converted fixed weeks, I have no idea how they implemented that puppy, but I guess I should see if I have an ARP coming up for one of them.

I see it the same way. No doubling up on arp.

I have a patriots place converted week. I didn't dig out the deed so I don't know which week I own. Last night (just after midnight) I tried to start an arp reservation it was rejected. I'm guessing fixed weeks need a phone call for arp, but I don't know. And since it's not something I need to know... I'll ask about it one of these days but not now

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone located the look up table for what days are in a specific week number. I have yet to locate one, I had to go to another site to find anything.

Has someone found access to the check in dates tables?
I looked but I couldn't find it

shares3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, since my account is not working all the way, was wondering if the "explore resorts" section still has the tab where you can put in the distance to determine which resorts meet that criterion?

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, since my account is not working all the way, was wondering if the "explore resorts" section still has the tab where you can put in the distance to determine which resorts meet that criterion?

The map page lets you pan and zoom; it's *kind* of like a search by distance. I got to it from the link
"Explore all resorts on our map" shown in small white type close to the bottom of the first screenful
of the toplevel "Resorts" page.

The URL it links to is:

https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/resorts/map.page?

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
The map page lets you pan and zoom; it's *kind* of like a search by distance. I got to it from the link
"Explore all resorts on our map" shown in small white type close to the bottom of the first screenful
of the toplevel "Resorts" page.

The URL it links to is:

https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/resorts/map.page?
Anybody heard if we are getting the old map back where we can click on states and resorts or will we have to type in the name of where we want to go EVERY time?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Sigh. I re-registered.

When you're looking at the availability calendar for a resort, why does it constantly switch back to May 2017 if you change your unit type? is it doing that for anyone else?

Same reason your current reservations list is upside down.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm at Glacier Canyon now. The guy at check-in told me they were told it could be a couple of weeks before they are up and running fully.

Has anyone recently (not when the system first came up for a few hours) been able to book Glacier Canyon units online? If I call in, is the availability out there for the VCs to book over the phone? Thanks in advance!

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
it seems to me, booking anything, expecting something else, is not a reasonable thing to do. You really ought to book what you need.

Agreed.

Auto upgrades will be few and far between if the only cancelations are people really backing out of their travel plans. But, people might go ahead and double book a larger unit 'just in case' they are lucky enough to be the one to get it after they cancel. If you believed you booked early enough in the ARP window to be one of the first to get the upgrade, then it might still be worthwhile to double book a larger unit. If you don't get it, at least someone else will. And if dozens or hundreds of people do this, there will still be enough auto-upgrades to sprinkle a little happiness around.

Way less benefit than getting the discount and the upgrade.

Bob

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I'm at Glacier Canyon now. The guy at check-in told me they were told it could be a couple of weeks before they are up and running fully.
I just cannot believe that this is acceptable and there won't be serious repercussions for WYN. They were in no way, shape, or form ready for this conversion. Released the buggiest, nonfunctioning software ever, and continue to push forward with this fix it as we go attitude. I can't bring myself to search to reservations anymore, this is just too much.
And I bet it's more than a few weeks. We're over a week into this now and it just seems to get worse, not better.

Last edited:

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF

Has anyone recently (not when the system first came up for a few hours) been able to book Glacier Canyon units online? If I call in, is the availability out there for the VCs to book over the phone? Thanks in advance!

I haven't seen any Glacier Canyon in the standard reservation period, i only seen in the ARP. Usually something shows up during the weekdays in October, November, December, ect.

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
I just cannot believe that this is acceptable and there won't be serious repercussions for WYN. They were in no way, shape, or form ready for this conversion. Released the buggiest, nonfunctioning software ever, and continue to push forward with this fix it as we go attitude. I can't bring myself to search to reservations anymore, this is just too much.
And I bet it's more than a few weeks. We're over a week into this now and it just seems to get worse, not better.

Sandi Bo, this is't all that surprising in today IT world. Often the systems are developed off-shore and the contractors that develop these system just adapt prior code. The companies hope most will work and fix the rest. You get what you pay for.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please educate me.
When making a reservation when you get to the auto upgrade you see 4 choices
Larger Unit
Unit With Better View
Any Of The Above
Upgrade me to any of the above.

What the heck is the difference of the last 2 ? How many Braindeads work for WYN ? Must be Juniors but WYN can't figure out if their me or not

Last edited:

happyhopian

Reaction score

Yes this is what I was told by OC about the new system and what was changing/how it was to be.

ARP is a separate database that doesn't look at what you have available but rather looks at what you purchased and what you used for that resort only. If you have a BC for 250,000 and you haven't used it for BC then you still have ARP of up to 250,000 even if you use points from another contract to actually make the reservation. She said this was done because they couldn't control which contracts were used to fill which reservations. So owners would book a beach stay 13 months out and have it take points from their BC contract only to try to make an ARP at BC for christmas and be denied.

So the system keeps up with my ARP usage based on my ownership for the resort of the deed/contract regardless of what points I used to book the reservation.

I spent 10 hours working through some problems and I got a PHD in this area. I am certain of what she told me a couple of weeks ago but note certain that it won't or hasn't changed again.

Last edited:

happyhopian

Reaction score
it seems to me, booking anything, expecting something else, is not a reasonable thing to do. You really ought to book what you need.

I completely agree, and this is good advice but for many the upgrade feature was how they did they bookings. I don't know anyone who just randomly said - "hey's lets upgrade". My analysis was to share with folks who hoped that they could get what they wanted through the auto upgrade feature. By doing the test samples I hope that I convinced many of what you just said - book what you need. I will go a step further - do not EXPECT anything of the auto upgrade feature.