• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Flamingo

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
it is crazy this weekend! We've got a fifth floor view of a palm tree head but at least it doesn't block our view of the Boom Boom pool. Lots of drunk youngsters yesterday.

I've received no less than four phone calls and an email prior to arriving. The agent has several tricks up his sleeve. First he wanted to discuss my "Elara" reservation. A sneaky way to get me to call back to correct him. Also, he left me a voice mail saying my voice mail box was full and I should give him another number to call. If my box was full how did he leave a message? :).

No tours for me! We have a reservation at the Boom Boom pool for tomorrow. It should be entertaining.

coronacars

Reaction score
Yes. That has been my experience at the Flamingo. I have warned people with young kids they might not wan to stay there, but for others they may enjoy it.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
There are many beach parties at different hotels and you will see many drunken people staggering around in their bathing suits once it's over.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I told the agent not to call me anymore and they stopped. Also, I told the front desk to block them from calling my room so I would avoid the flashing red light on the phone. That worked.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I stayed there, I had a full view of the Go Pool. Whenever I looked at it, I only saw fat old men holding beer in the pool. It was quite the contrast from the video posted on the Flamingo website.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wish I'd known you were there. We were at Elara this weekend, in town to see a punk concert. And we did spend time on the Linq.

We tend to be at Flamingo in like November and February when the Flamingo pools are closed. Also, we don't have kids.

Cheers.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
What punk concert?

We enjoyed the Go pool yesterday. The day before we drove up to Lake Las Vegas and did some house hunting.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
What punk concert?

We enjoyed the Go pool yesterday. The day before we drove up to Lake Las Vegas and did some house hunting.

Punk Rock Bowling and Music Festival. Up in Downtown. Iggy Pop headlined Saturday. Happy Hunting!

Cheers.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sales called once stating that front desk needed to talk to us about our account. The sales person did not leave the front desk call back number. We did not call him.

arnief

Reaction score
I told the agent not to call me anymore and they stopped. Also, I told the front desk to block them from calling my room so I would avoid the flashing red light on the phone. That worked.
Lol, that light is flashing the moment you walk in the room!

vegasVIP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Vegas HHonors Diamond

I unplug the room phone upon arrival, blinking light and the BS calls from the sales people are annoying.

Pandora2im4

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Towns at King's Creek Plantation
HGVC on Paradise
HGVC Elara
While you were at the Flamingo, did you park in the garage? I'm curious about whether or not HGVC guests are expected to pay to park now that Caesar's is charging for parking at Flamingo.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
While you were at the Flamingo, did you park in the garage? I'm curious about whether or not HGVC guests are expected to pay to park now that Caesar's is charging for parking at Flamingo.

I parked in the garage and it was free. They even have spots set aside for HGVC members.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I unplug the room phone upon arrival, blinking light and the BS calls from the sales people are annoying.

The last few times we've gone they developed this annoying habit of text messaging us on my cell phone

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The last few times we've gone they developed this annoying habit of text messaging us on my cell phone

I like the text message system, it makes it fast to request more coffee or laundry soap, etc. They haven't used it to bother me about updates, only message making sure everything is ok and notify when room is ready for early arrival.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I like the text message system, it makes it fast to request more coffee or laundry soap, etc. They haven't used it to bother me about updates, only message making sure everything is ok and notify when room is ready for early arrival.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, we used it a lot on our last trip to Kings Land. Unfortunately we had some maintenance issues, and it worked great for that as well.

If i have to pick one, I would much prefer text messages about owners updates than calls to my cell phone...

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

Same here. All about the stay and nothing about the salesupdate. I find it a positive.

Cheers.