• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
IMG_1756.JPG
When I tried for a one night at National Harbor, they would not do it because they said I was not within 14 days. They also said there were some one night stays in the system but they were over 14 days. If you are 14 days or less, give Wyndham a call and they should book it for you.
The term Wyndham used when talking about my reservations was "Sheltering" points. I tried to explain that I was not doing that. Sheltering points was in the context of using reservations to preserve regular use year statuses. The representative did not share what the actual definition of the term is. I am assuming this term relates features needing regular use year points.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
We discussed the default of reservations that has farthest in time reservation listed first. She felt that was just fine and I argued that as an owner, I felt that the default should be the reservation that comes next. I asked her to forward my recommendation but she kept telling me how the default worked. Obviously I knew that!
Listing the most distant reservation first is the default in WorldMark and has been for the eight years I have owned. I have never heard anyone raise it as an issue. That may be because there is an arrow button to reverse the order to nearest reservation listed first. (I may have used the reorder arrow all of one time in eight years, but I seldom have more than 6 or 8 reservations at a time).

At this point in time, the default display order of reservations is the least of the problems Wyndham has to solve.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now there's a reporter named Paul Brinkmann that posted on the FB group. He states that he is writing an article for the Orlando Sentinel about the website problems, and is looking for responses regarding issues. I'm thinking some of the ongoing audit/lockout people might want to contact him as well.

https://www.facebook.com/PaulBrnkmnn?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

The article has been posted. Brian and TUG are mentioned.

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-93411354/

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that we were going to be able to book one night. There is a night available that I need at National Harbor and I can't book it because it says there is a minimum one night stay there.

I think you mean a minimum 2-night stay?

I saw this as well. It appears you cannot book an orphaned single night until inside 15 days to check in. I sent feedback to Wyndham this I believe their system is wrong. An orphaned single night should be bookable whenever it occurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wait...where is the map? I don't see a map anywhere.

Don't bother. It has the worst functionality ever. They tried to make it "Google Earth" style, but IMO the old style map was much easier to navigate.

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen two reports on the FB group that people that can access the site are seeing oddities when trying to book reservations - specifically booking three nights for check in for 8/13 check out for 8/16, and the summary says (and indicates points usage) for 2 nights instead of 3 nights.
18740212_1662922897054527_957223317858191301_n.jpg

Another user reported seeing the same thing when looking to book at Royal Vista.

They really need to just shut it down and figure it out.

What is the FB group to which you refer?

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score

I saw this as well. It appears you cannot book an orphaned single night until inside 15 days to check in. I sent feedback to Wyndham this I believe their system is wrong. An orphaned single night should be bookable whenever it occurs.

I suspect that the thinking is if a night 8 months from now is orphaned, a cancelation could link it up again to a day on either side.

In March I did book a day in ny for the last week in Nov which I'm now glad that I did.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

With the new "check in any day" I don't think there are orphaned nights anymore.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Listing the most distant reservation first is the default in WorldMark and has been for the eight years I have owned. I have never heard anyone raise it as an issue. That may be because there is an arrow button to reverse the order to nearest reservation listed first. (I may have used the reorder arrow all of one time in eight years, but I seldom have more than 6 or 8 reservations at a time).

At this point in time, the default display order of reservations is the least of the problems Wyndham has to solve.

The difference is that the WorldMark display style is much more compact and the system is more responsive when you flip the order. This new site is SLOOOOW and the reservation list is spread out so you have to constantly scroll to see all the reservations.

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What is the FB group to which you refer?

Wyndham timeshare user group. It's closed, generally an "only positive things" group.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
With the new "check in any day" I don't think there are orphaned nights anymore.

Not so. There are several at National Harbor in June.

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry, I meant that they are no longer considered orphaned until inside 14 days. You can only book 2 or 3 night minimums outside 14 days under the new rules.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its coming to Worldmark, and to Shell too... I dont know when but you can count on it

I find it interesting that so many worldmark owners have been concerned about Wyndham making worldmark more like Club Wyndham with every rule change... Turns out its the other way around.. Club Wyndham is becoming more like worldmark,, any day check in, long reservations, and an anti renter bias

My observation is that Worldmark is now the better rental vehicle. If more former club wyndham mega renters see what I see, Id expect rental activity to increase at Worldmark resorts.

These are probably the 6 or 8 lines that a Wyndham Official made reference to as coming together.

"The timeshare giant is struggling to weave an old system into a new platform that interacts with new brands that Wyndham has added in recent years, said Greg Crist, CEO of the National Timeshare Owners Association.

He said complaints about the switchover began a year ago when the company first tested the system ...

“Technology is a beast,” Crist said. “They need to get this right quick.” ... .

Brands for Wyndham Vacation Ownership include Club Wyndham, WorldMark by Wyndham, Shell Vacations Club, Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham, and clubs in Asia, the South Pacific and Brazil."

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that some resorts are not in the system yet. I've heard Emerald is not, and I believe Glacier Canyon is not either. It's not sold out for the next twelve months totally. This is ridiculous though.

I called the Glacier Canyon front desk last night since I have 11 reservations there from last night through June 5. All were booked before the new website, and all had guest confirmations except one that I put on there yesterday morning. The guest confirmation was a lot quicker than before. She had it in her system already. I mentioned that I can't see any availability at all, and she tried telling me how the new system was going to increase availability for owners by taking it away from the mega renters. I told her that I couldn't see any availability at all for the next twelve months. She had no idea. I can't wait for them to ask me to attend an update.....

I use my RCI account for Disney. I would flip out if Wyndham screwed it up!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that some resorts are not in the system yet. I've heard Emerald is not, and I believe Glacier Canyon is not either. It's not sold out for the next twelve months totally. This is ridiculous though.

I called the Glacier Canyon front desk last night since I have 11 reservations there from last night through June 5. All were booked before the new website, and all had guest confirmations except one that I put on there yesterday morning. The guest confirmation was a lot quicker than before. She had it in her system already. I mentioned that I can't see any availability at all, and she tried telling me how the new system was going to increase availability for owners by taking it away from the mega renters. I told her that I couldn't see any availability at all for the next twelve months. She had no idea. I can't wait for them to ask me to attend an update..... I use my RCI account for Disney. I would flip out if Wyndham screwed it up!

I picked up several Glacier Canyon reservations the other day for July and one with an upgrade. Since then I haven't seen any availability. . .

Cdn Gal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anybody else had their computer time out because the website is so slow?? I feel like I'm back in the 1990's doing dial up again.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh man! I wish I would have caught those. I don't see anything at all.

I got the Friday through Sunday after Thanksgiving at GC in a three-bedroom presidential right when the new system went live. I am hoping it won't get pulled back from me, because that would be very disappointing.

The weird thing is that the reservation shows the correct dates, but the "picture" at the top has the days shifted by one. That is not instilling me with confidence...

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
A call would be appropriate to the resort to see what they have.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the Friday through Sunday after Thanksgiving at GC in a three-bedroom presidential right when the new system went live. I am hoping it won't get pulled back from me, because that would be very disappointing.

The weird thing is that the reservation shows the correct dates, but the "picture" at the top has the days shifted by one. That is not installing me with confidence...

That wouldn't instill my confidence in the system either.

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I picked up several Glacier Canyon reservations the other day for July and one with an upgrade. Since then I haven't seen any availability. . .

Good for you, may have been mine. Cancelled a 4 day 2 bedroom Dx for July yesterday. I had snagged that right at the 10 month mark. Family schedules changing, so I couldn't go. I mean who really needs to get married in July? :rolleyes:

FWIW I did 2 cancellations, 1 yesterday and 1 day before, and had to call in to check point balances. I think there is some sort of batch process, as when I did the one yesterday, I was trying to immediately book to use the points for 2017 use year, as I already have vacation planned post Xmas, I didn't want points to expire by not being able to get a summer vacay in. Anyhow, when checking the RCI exchange portion of the website and doing a partial booking, I was getting different point balances showing. When I called in the VC was pretty darn good (beat up and demoralized, but I was expecting worse). Went through what I had and it made sense, but it did not match what I was seeing. Well, since i had to wait over an hour on phone to get through, I then went back to website and the numbers were different. Thing is, I had checked what I could see immediately before the cancel and immediately after. The numbers changed after cancel and appeared incorrect (or I could not make sense of them). Well after the call, they matched what the VC said (what I could see). He did not say he corrected anything, just went through what I had. Long story short, you may not see all of your points come back right away, maybe it depends on where they came from (credit pool vs use year), but I can't tell/not enough info showing. Posting this just in case anyone is interested. It has been a loooooonnnngggg discussion, so I hope someone much smarter than me figures out how this system works and can post a summary some day.

Also, I did what I guess is the only thing I can do. Booked a vacay for summer, even though there have been thoughts that the inventory is messed. 6 days at National Harbour in August. Managed to use rest of my 2017 use year points that came from cancelled bookings. I hope that if the inventory is messed up, they figure it out relatively soon and give us some notice. If it gets too far along I don't know how I can use the points though. This could potentially screw a lot of owners.......but I guess showing up and not having a room would be even worse, especially after a long trip. Will be calling all resorts directly days before I arrive, which I only did about half the time previously.

Good luck to everyone, hoping it gets better soon.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The article has been posted. Brian and TUG are mentioned.

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-93411354/

A decent percentage of this frustration is just dealing with change,” said Brian Rogers, who organizes the Timeshare Users Group website.

Brian you are way too kind. Change I can deal with. Bad data, incomplete data, people still locked out, malfunctioning features, missing reservations, substandard features, unable to support key features of old systems (VIP discounts for example). Saying not all the bugs are worked out does not begin to describe what's going on here.

Sorry WYN, this is the worst conversion I have EVER seen. Hands down WYN, the worst! I worked for a baby Bell during / following the divestiture of AT&T. I've worked on a few system conversions :) Splitting systems, merging systems, moving from major systems from mainframe to client server. This WYN Voyager thing is just unbelievable.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham timeshare user group. It's closed, generally an "only positive things" group.

Oh, that one. I've seen other folks reference was would seem to be the corporate site to push messages to Wyndham. I did finally find that one after a few iterations:

Wyndham Vacation Ownership.

isilwath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Been trying to log in for days. Still getting "your account is unavailable at this time" message. :(

seascapemvy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Been trying to log in for days. Still getting "your account is unavailable at this time" message. :(
I have the same problem. I was told it would be fixed by Friday. It is now Friday and still I get the message my account is unavailable. Shocking isn't it? NO!