• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help in Gathering information on HGVC club resorts

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Please help us gather current information on HGVC managed and/or affiliated resorts that have different features/rules than the traditional HGVC "developed" resorts (see link for Club Rules) Please provide as much information as you can.

Here's the list I came up with.
(1) Resort Name
(2) Resort Website
(3) Resort Club Rules / Guide
(4) HOA Documentation / News
(5) Resale department
(6) HGVC membership (mandatory/optional/grandfathered/restricted)
(7) Major Exchange Company affiliation
(8) Developer/Partnership company
(9) Please explain in detail the difference between your affiliate resort and HGVC developed resort.
(10) Any other details that you think would be useful

Here are some of the features with the traditional HGVC Developed Resort
  • single deed week
  • Maintenance Fee due in January (Annually or EOY )
  • HGVC membership mandatory (annual HGVC club fee)
  • Single HGVC account for all HGVC weeks (direct from the developer and resale)
  • All purchases (direct from the developer and resale) have full access to Club resorts, Club Partner Perks (cruise, air, etc) and Honor point conversions
  • Home resort booking is not required
  • Points automatically available in HGVC account (Annually or EOY)
  • Three major booking windows: home week, club and open season
  • Banking (aka "saved") and borrowing (no prepayment of maintenance fees required)
  • Affiliated with RCI exchange company (include with HGVC membership)

CLUB RESORTS - http://www.hgv.com/wp-content/uploads/development/xdevelopment-map.jpg

Property Name / Ownership(1) / Location / Units
Hilton Grand Vacations (U.S.)
HGVClub at SeaWorld Orlando Developed Orlando, FL 516
HGVClub at Tuscany Village Developed Orlando, FL 440
Parc Soleil by HGVClub Developed Orlando, FL 312
Las Palmeras, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club Fee-for-service(2) Orlando, FL 226
HGVClub at McAlpin—Ocean Plaza Developed Miami Beach, FL 52
HGVClub at the Flamingo Developed Las Vegas, NV 200
HGVClub on Paradise Developed Las Vegas, NV 232
HGVClub on the Boulevard Developed Las Vegas, NV 714
HGVClub at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(3) Developed Las Vegas, NV 205
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club Fee-for-service Las Vegas, NV 1,200
HGVClub at Hilton Hawaiian Village—The Lagoon Tower Developed Honolulu, HI 236
HGVClub at Hilton Hawaiian Village—The Kalia Tower Developed Honolulu, HI 72
Grand Waikikian by HGVClub Developed Honolulu, HI 331
Hokulani Waikiki by HGVClub(3) Developed Honolulu, HI 143
The Grand Islander by HGVClub Developed Honolulu, HI 417
Kohala Suites by HGVClub Developed Waikoloa, HI 120
Kings’ Land by HGVClub Developed Waikoloa, HI 435
The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort Collection Waikoloa, HI 172
The Hilton Club—New York Developed New York, NY 127
West 57th Street by Hilton Club Developed New York, NY 166
The District by Hilton Club Developed Washington, DC 108
Ocean Oak Resort by HGVClub Fee-for-service Hilton Head, SC 125
HGVClub at Anderson Ocean Club Fee-for-service Myrtle Beach, SC 172
Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand Vacations Club Fee-for-service Myrtle Beach, SC 220
Sunrise Lodge, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club Fee-for-service Park City, UT 83
Valdoro Mountain Lodge Collection Breckenridge, CO 70
HGVClub at MarBrisa(3) Fee-for-service Carlsbad, CA 180
The Cottages at South Seas Island Resort Collection Captiva, FL 14
Harbourview Villas at South Seas Island Resort Collection Captiva, FL 10
Plantation Bay Villas at South Seas Island Resort Collection Captiva, FL 4
Plantation Beach Club at South Seas Island Resort Collection Captiva, FL 56
Plantation House at South Seas Island Resort Collection Captiva, FL 12
South Seas Club at South Seas Island Resort Collection Captiva, FL 24
Casa Ybel Resort Collection Sanibel, FL 74
Hurricane House Resort Collection Sanibel, FL 15
Sanibel Cottages Resort Collection Sanibel, FL 28
Tortuga Beach Club Resort Collection Sanibel, FL 54
Seawatch On-the-Beach Resort Collection Ft. Myers Beach, FL 42
The Charter Club of Marco Beach Collection Marco Island, FL 80
Eagle’s Nest Beach Resort Collection Marco Island, FL 96
Club Regency of Marco Island Collection Marco Island, FL 32
The Surf Club of Marco Collection Marco Island, FL 44
Plantation Beach Club at Indian River Plantation Resort Collection Hutchinson Island, FL 30

Hilton International Grand Vacations (non-U.S.)
HGVClub at Coylumbridge Developed Scotland 61
HGVClub at Craigendarroch Suites Developed Scotland 32
HGVClub at Craigendarroch Lodge Developed Scotland 99
HGVClub at Dunkeld Developed Scotland 22
HGVClub at Borgo alle Vigne Fee-for-service Italy 31
(1) Fee-for-service and collection properties are properties that were funded and constructed by a third-party developer. Collection properties are properties that were contributed by a third party during Hilton’s joint venture with Grand Vacations. A developed property is a property that was funded and constructed by Hilton Grand Vacations. Hilton Grand Vacations also manages the operation of the developed properties.
(2) We will acquire 20 units at this property as part of a just-in-time arrangement.
(3) Property sub-managed by a third party.
Termination of affiliate agreements
NOTE 1: HGVC membership is unavailable at Sunset Cove and Shell Island Beach Club on resale and direct purchases. Existing HGVC members were grandfathered when the affiliation agreement was terminated.
NOTE 2: Club Intrawest was an internal exchange agreement.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Updated my post to reference the property descriptions HGVC used in their Form 10 Filing (Fee-for-service properties, Collection properties and Developed properties).

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT AND/OR ADD

(1) Resort Name - Fiesta Americana Vacation Club Resorts
(2) Website - http://www.favc.com/
(3) Club Rules / Guides
(4) HOA Documentation / News - tbd
(5) Resale department - tbd
(6) HGVC membership (mandatory/optional/grandfathered/restricted) - internal trade into a subset of HGVC resorts (see Member Guide)
(7) Major Exchange Company affiliation - RCI
(8) Developer/Partnership company - Posadas http://www.posadas.com/en/web/marcas
(9) Please explain in detail the difference between your affiliate resort and HGVC developed resort - tbd

Here are some comments made in a 2013 thread. Don't know if anything changed
FAVC is great depending on what you use it for...

I have been reading the thread on FAVC and it seems many people don't like it. As for our family, we love it! We purchased FAVC resale a couple years ago for practically nothing ($1000 and first year MF plus all transfer fees paid) for a 5000 point annual contract plus 3400 carryover points, expiring 2048 . We wanted to buy into the HGVC system, but the reasons why I chose this share:

Comparable HGVC resales were $5000-$10000 for a 5000 point contract and HGVC has first right of refusal on all but LG Flamingo. I also looked at Bay Club, also an affiliate in Hawaii with no ROFR, but the buy-in was higher and annual maintenance fees also higher and you had to pay a large points conversion fee to get into HGVC.

No high activation, transfer or point conversion fees (low $100 fee paid by seller).

Lower maintenance fees for comparable point values. $915 for 5000 points including club dues, many HGVC properties are $900 - $1200.

Lower (non-home resort) reservation fee. All reservations need to be made by phone due to upgrades on the website, but $49 fee is lower than HGVC $89 phone reservation.

Same open season rates and availability.

Complementary guest vouchers (HGVC charges $39.00).

We have been able to book in Las Vegas (where we usually go to visit family) with a couple months notice at the Flamingo, and shorter notice at the other 2 properties without any problem. Most recently I booked at the LG Flamingo earlier this month in September for Veteran's Day holiday weekend, and there was still availability.

We can borrow points from the next year for no additional charge, just like HGVC.

FAVC also allow you to book at Club Intrawest properties, where I don't think HGVC can. Only 5 properties, but this gives more options for staying in the system.

FAVC allows you to use your points to book at Posadas hotels in Mexico. We haven't travelled to Mexico much, but if you do, they have a lot of hotels to choose from in many resort and metro areas.

Same RCI points conversion and fees as HGVC.

Cons:

Transfer took a long time...really long. Over 6 months.

Points don't roll over and have to be banked by March (for $91 fee, compare to $89 HGVC). I believe you can rescue points at HGVC for an additional fee, but an option with FAVC. This hasn't been an issue for us since we have used them all every year.

Can't combine contracts if we were to buy more points resale. The only way to do this is to buy a point package from the developer at their price $6/point...no way! I don't know how this compares to HGVC, probably the same.

The contract is a "Right of Use" for a term, you don't own it. The contract we purchased was through 2048. We have 36 years remaining on it and I don't know anyone who has owned their timeshare for 36 years anyway.

FAVC members can't use HGVC properties in CA, CO or NY. FAVC members can't convert club points to HHonors points. Neither is a big deal for us. I am a diamond member with Hhonors, and the point conversion is not favorable in most instances.

All in all, we are very happy with FAVC. We were able to purchase into the HGVC system via FAVC for a low buy-in price, relatively low maintenance fees and lower relative transaction fees. I would like to see their upgrades to the website complete to check point balances and make reservations, but their customer service reps are very helpful in the interim. We rarely plan vacations a year out, and so far availability hasn't been an issue for us. We have only travelled within the HGVC system with our FAVC points and have been very satisfied with the process and availability.
I agree with AZAkiMom. I've had a very positive experience with FAVC too. The only major downside I've found is that you have to pay a membership fee with each resale contract you buy. This is not a factor if you buy one large contract, obviously.

I've had no problem combining two accounts for a Home or Club season reservation - they usually do it instantly. Once I wanted to book Open Season with points from two accounts and they asked for an email requesting the combine. I had an answer and the reservation completed in a couple of hours.

I liked the old online reservation system and I hope the new one is even stronger. In the meantime, the telephone reservation people are very nice and very helpful.

Booking Posadas Hotels was quick and easy and seemed to be a good use of my points. This allows you to stay in hotels in South America and all over Mexico.

Since my relatives don't want the timeshares after I'm gone, RTU is perfect - they don't have to sell it or go through the paperwork to decline it and I don't have to sell it should I outlive it - it will just evaporate. :wave:

All in all, I'm very happy with FAVC.

(10) Any other details - tbd

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

(1) Resort Name - The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort
(2) Website - http://bayclub.hgvc.com/
(3) Club Rules / Guide - tbd
(4) HOA Documentation / News - http://bayclub.hgvc.com/hoa-updates.html
(5) Resale department - tbd
(6) HGVC membership (mandatory/optional/grandfathered/restricted) - optional (additional fee required for HGVC membership)
(7) Major Exchange Company affiliation - RCI (individual membership fee required).
(8) Developer/Partnership company - Nikken Corporation
(9) Please explain in detail the difference between your affiliate resort and HGVC developed resort.
There used to be additional actions and restrictions for BC, like you had to actually pay your MF for the point before you used them, and you used to have your points in a separate account.

However they REMOVED those restraints a few years ago and it is now treated exactly the same as my Seaworld property. Since BC is considered floating Platinum all year from an ownership perspective, you have to do nothing. You automatically get 7000 for a 2 BR week, no request first then deposit. Points are automatically in the account, no difference at all from my other property. They are treated exactly the same. The only exception is I can't book a HOME season week online. However I have never in my entire time with HGVC ever booked during home season, as BC usually has decent availability.

So yes at one point they were treated differently, BUT THEY ARE NOT ANY LONGER.
Home week reservation require a written request. Here's the 2018 Request Form - https://hgvclub.com/hoa/167/

(10) Any other details

Bay Club Fact Sheet - http://www.hgv.com/wp-content/uploads/resort-info/hawaii/Bay Club One-Page.pdf

From 2016 HOA newsletter - http://bayclub.hgvc.com/hoa-updates.html
Aloha from Owner Services!
We have just finished wrapping up an extremely busy first half of the year. As we approach the second half of 2016, we are preparing for another busy summer and look forward to welcoming back many Owners who will be celebrating their 20th year of ownership at The Bay Club.

At this time, we would like to take the opportunity to provide you with the following helpful booking reminders:
All Owners requesting to reserve their 2016 or 2017 timeshare week use at The Bay Club must complete a reservation request form in writing and return for processing in one of the following formats:

• Via fax at (808) 886-4538
  • Via scanned attachment to thebayclub@hgvc.com
  • Via regular mail addressed to Owner Services
Request for special unit or location request(s) will be noted on your reservation. These requests are subject to availability on the day of your arrival.

Owners with Hilton Grand Vacations Club membership requesting access to their 2016 or 2017 ClubPoints should contact the Hilton Grand Vacations Call Center at (800) 932-4482 or visit club.hiltongrandvacations.com.
Owners with RCI membership requesting to have their 2016 timeshare week banked must complete the “Spacebank Request” section of the reservation request form and return it directly to Owner Services by December 31, 2016 to have your week deposited with RCI.
From December 2015 Vacation Ownership Audit (VOA)
- http://bayclub.hgvc.com/hoa-updates.html
NOTE 1 - THE ASSOCIATION
The Bay Club Vacation Owners Association (the “Association”) was incorporated on January 27, 1995, under the laws of Hawaii as a nonprofit, non-stock corporation to operate and manage a timeshare ownership program at the Bay Club at Waikola Beach Resort (the “Condominium”) located in Waikoloa Beach, Hawaii. The Association consists of 168 units (8,568 unit-weeks). The owners of all unit-weeks in the Condominium are the only members.

Nikken Corporation (the “Developer”), a Hawaii corporation, is the developer of the Condominium.

NOTE 11 - COMMITMENTS
The Association has a one-year management agreement ending January 1, 2016, with HGVM. HGVM provides on-site management and maintenance services and off-site administrative and accounting services. The contract automatically renews for successive one-year periods unless HGVM or the Association, by a vote of a majority of the owners, determines not to renew the agreement and gives appropriate notice of that determination.

Although no written agreement has been signed, AOAO allows the Association to conduct certain operations in the designated common elements of AOAO. The Association pays a monthly fee of $7,200. For the year ended December 31, 2015, fees amounted to $86,400 and are included in operations expenses.

Although no written agreement has been signed, the Board approved a 60/40 split in rental revenue with the Developer, with 60% of the rental proceeds going to the Developer and 40% to the Association. For the year ended December 31, 2015, rental revenue amounted to $53,135 and is included in other revenue.
2002 Bay Club goes under Hilton management

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/2002/11/11/daily78.html
http://archives.starbulletin.com/2002/11/16/business/index2.html

The owners of the Bay Club time-share resort at Waikoloa on the Big Island have transferred the sales and marketing of the property to Hilton Grand Vacations Club for an undisclosed price.

The Hilton time-share operation also will assume management of the property when the transfer goes into effect Jan.1.

Richard Lachmann, attorney for the Bay Club Ownership Resort Inc., said yesterday the deal involves the existing 172 units at the resort and does not include the 90-unit Phase II, which broke ground Aug. 6.

Nikken Corp., a Hawaii corporation owned in Japan, joined with Lahaina-headquartered Grand Ownership Resortsin 1994 to convert the Waikoloa resort to time-share.

Sales at the 15.5-acre Bay Club have gone well, to the point of a near sellout, but conditions in Japan led Nikken to seek someone else to take it over, Nikken said in a statement issued in Honolulu.

The Bay Club has been an affiliate of Hilton Grand Vacations since 1999, but the agreement expands Hilton's involvement, the statement said.

Last edited:

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I will add any information gather here to the combined Sticky HGVC Resort & Affiliated Information. Please keep them coming. Thanks.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It seems like you're alone in an echo chamber.
I tend to ignore posts that are too complicated and too long.
But then, I have the attention span of an 8th grader.

BTW, I also don't like the "10K" descriptions.*

IMHO, all we really need to know is...
1. Is it bookable online or do I have to call in?
B. Is it managed by HGVC or is it independent?

*I don't like footnotes... Too complicated.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
IMHO, all we really need to know is...
1. Is it bookable online or do I have to call in?
2. Is it managed by HGVC or is it independent?

The purpose of this thread is to provide additional information for folks that are looking to buy at a specific resort.
Every once in a while, we'll get questions about club resorts that may that have different/additional features/rules than the traditional HGVC "developed" resorts.

The Club Resort link provided in the 1st post addresses the question about managed properties or other - http://www.hgv.com/wp-content/uploads/development/xdevelopment-map.jpg

A list of what is currently bookable online would be very helpful. Perhaps someone can volunteer to put that list together based on the new reservation system. I put a list together back in 2014 for the TUG Advice page (see quote below) but it was based on the old reservation system and doesn't include the new Club resorts that have been added since 2014.

NOTE: Only the following resorts can be booked via the HGVC online reservation system:
 Honolulu, Hawaii (Grand Waikikian, Kalia Tower & Lagoon Tower)
 Waikoloa, Hawaii (Kings' Land, Waikoloa Beach Resort & Bay Club)
 Las Vegas, Nevada (Flamingo, Trump, Elara, HGVC on Paradise (aka HGVC at the Las Vegas Hilton (Karen Ave)) & HGVC on the Boulevard (aka HGVC on the LV Strip))
 New York City, New York (West 57th Street)
 Orlando, Florida (SeaWorld, HGVC at Tuscany Village (aka HGVC on International Drive) & Parc Soleil)
 South Beach, Florida (HGVC at McAlpin - Ocean Plaza (aka HGVC at South Beach))
 Breckenridge, Colorado (Valdoro Mountain Lodge)
 Carlsbad, California (MarBrisa, Grand Pacific Palisades Resort & Carlsbad Seapointe Resort)
 Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (HGVC at Anderson Ocean Club)
 Park City, Utah (Sunrise Lodge)
 Villamoura, Portugal (Hilton Vilamoura Vacation Club)
 Scotland - Royal Deeside (HGVC at at Craigendaroch Lodge)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

(1) Resort Name: HGVClub at MarBrisa
(2) Resort Website: tbd
(3) Resort Club Rules / Guide: tbd
(4) HOA Documentation / News: tbd
(5) Resale department: tbd
(6) HGVC membership (mandatory/optional/grandfathered/restricted): HGVC membership no longer available with resale purchases (see link for specifics)

(7) Major Exchange Company affiliation - RCI, GPX
(8) Developer/Partnership company - Grand Pacific Resorts https://grandpacificresorts.com/

Here's some additional information about the Grand Pacific and HGVC agreement
(a) Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort and Hilton Grand Vacations Expand Relationship (2010) - http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/11/12/idUS196382+12-Nov-2010+BW20101112
(b) Grand Pacific Resorts, Inc. announces development of the Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort, opening in Carlsbad in late 2007 (2007) - http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...c-Resorts-announces-development-Grand-Pacific
(c) TUG Thread: Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort (2007) - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53363

Here are some old threads. Don't know if anything changed

Contact Info - https://grandpacificresorts.com/emails/gpm/fall16/contact.html

Latest Resort News - https://grandpacificresorts.com/owners-community/stay-informed/resort-news/

From the December 31, 2014 Year End Financial Statement - https://grandpacificresorts.com/emails/gpm/fall16/images/GPM_2015Financial.pdf
Note 3. Related Parties
Management agreement: The Association is operated under a management agreement with Hilton Grand Vacation Club, LLC (HGVC), who has subcontracted with a professional property management company, Grand Pacific Resort Services, L.P. (GPRS), an affiliate of the developer. The Association’s management’s budget is within the guidelines established by the California Bureau of Real Estate, which regulates common interest developments. Management fees under this agreement were $603,212 for the year ended December 31, 2015, of which $563,894 is allocated as fixed expenses under the operating fund and $39,318 is allocated as repairs, replacement and maintenance under the replacement fund.
The Association pays an additional licensing fee to HGVC equal to 2.5 percent of all expenses, before management fees and other adjustments. Licensing fees were $151,937 for the year ended December 31, 2015, and are allocated as administration and sales under the operating fund.
Exchange affiliation agreement: Effective September 2006, the Association has entered into an exchange affiliation agreement with HGVC to offer vacation interval owners at the Association the opportunity to utilize the exchange services and related benefits provided through HGVC. Owners who submit a HGVC enrollment agreement and pay the applicable enrollment and transaction fees shall be entitled to full access to all the benefits, reservations and exchange services offered by HGVC. The term of the agreement is five years and is automatically renewable for successive one-year periods, unless terminated in accordance with the agreement. The liability for the 2016 unpaid HGVC memberships has been accrued on the statement of assets, liabilities and fund balance as of December 31, 2015. As of December 31, 2015, the Association owed HGVC $951,062 under this agreement and is reported under
due to related parties on the statement of assets, liabilities and fund balance.
Other: In addition, the Association shall compensate GPRS and Advanced Financial Corporation (AFC), an affiliate of the developer, for other services provided, including but not limited to assessments billing and collection, accounting and computer services, file and reservation system maintenance, owner relations service, and Board and members meetings coordination. The Association also reimburses GPRS for any out-of-pocket expenses paid. At December 31, 2015, the Association owed GPRS and AFC and other related parties $611,305 for services provided, including $140,840 of fees billed to interval owners included in assessments and other receivables, which will be collected by the Association on behalf of AFC. At December 31, 2015, the Association incurred $237,595 in expense for these services, which has been allocated to administration and sales, fixed expenses and owner relations and guest services under the operating fund on the statement of revenues, expenses and changes in fund balance (deficit).
Cost-sharing agreement: The Association has entered into a cost and facilities sharing agreement with Grand Pacific Carlsbad, L.P. (the Developer), a California limited partnership, to share common operating expenses related to the common facilities, private road and parking lot shared with the nearby hotel owned by the Developer. These expenses shall be shared between the Association and the Developer based on the burden each places on the property, as measured by such factors as the number of rooms, occupancy rates and occupants per unit. Currently, allocation percentages for the Association and the Developer are 44 percent and 56 percent, respectively. In addition, as consideration for allowing the Association to use roadways, parking facilities and other common facilities, the Association pays the Developer, in advance, an annual facilities fee, subject to annual consumer price index increases, based on the number of intervals. For both 2015 and 2016, the fee per interval was $22. The Association incurred expenses of $138,809 for the year ended December 31, 2015, which is allocated to fixed expenses under the operating fund. For the year ended December 31, 2016, the Association paid the Developer $156,373, which has been recorded as prepaid expenses on the statement of assets, liabilities and fund balance at December 31, 2015.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I will add any information gather here to the combined Sticky HGVC Resort & Affiliated Information. Please keep them coming. Thanks.

All of my HGVC weeks have been at HGVC developer built resorts. But I'll put together a few based on information posted in the past.
The rest will have to come from other volunteers. ;)

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
All of my HGVC weeks have been at HGVC developer built resorts. But I'll put together a few based on information posted in the past.
The rest will have to come from other volunteers. ;)

Thanks for your work.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bay Club addenda:

Bill for MF's are sent in December.

Home week reservations are not on a 12 month boundary. There is a starting window, when the forms come out (Late in the year of the year prior to the booking year. (late 2016 for booking 2018 week. All of 2018 is open then.)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Bay Club addenda:

Bill for MF's are sent in December.

Home week reservations are not on a 12 month boundary. There is a starting window, when the forms come out (Late in the year of the year prior to the booking year. (late 2016 for booking 2018 week. All of 2018 is open then.)
Thank you. :thumbup:

I found an old thread that talks about this - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/newbie-contacting-bay-club.224695/

It looks like the following was communicated to owners in late 2013​

The arrival of the holiday season finds us ready to assist you with the details of reserving your 2015 reservation at The Bay Club. lf you are planning to use your Bay Club Owner's week(s) in 2015, please complete the enclosed 2015 Reservation Request form and return it to Hilton Grand Vacations Club in the envelope provided. lf you are an Owner of multiple weeks, please complete a separate reservation request form for each week. Additionally, forms may be faxed to 808-886-4538 or sent via email to thebayclub@hgvc.com. Please ensure emails include all the details of the Reservation Request form to avoid processing delays. lf you do not plan to use your Bay Club Home Week(s) in 2015, there is no need to complete the form but please call Hilton Grand Vacations Club to let us know. You may print out additional Reservation Request forms via the lnternet at https://mrvw.hgvclub.comlhoal16Tl.

As a Bay Club Owner, your 2015 Bay Club reservation may be made starting January 2, 2014. To ensure all Bay Club Owners equal access to reservations and to ensure compliance with Bay Club Vacation Owners Association Program Rules, all reservation requests must be submitted in writing. ln the event your reservation request cannot be fulfilled, you will be contacted by a Hilton Grand Vacations Club Counselor to discuss alternate dates. Reservation Request forms received on or before January 2, 2014, will be date stamped upon receipt and reservations will be processed in the order in which they are received. Written confirmation of your reservation will be emailed to you once your reservation request has been processed.

Your 2015 Maintenance Fee must be paid prior to the processing of any reservation request. The amount due for 2015 is equivalent to your 2014 Maintenance Fee, soon to be announced via the 2014 Maintenance Fee statement that you will be receiving in November. Please include payment information when submitting your reservation request. Your actual 2015 Maintenance Fee statement will reflect the payment and you will either be billed the difference or receive a credit to your account.

Last edited:

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
You no longer have to pay a year in advance While you reserve in advance you pay in December just before the year you are using.

Another quirk. You can't block book. (Multiple weeks in a row.) Each week is a separate booking. I usually mark on all forms that I want a block booking, and that I can be flexible about when. (I go usually in January, and I take the time to actually talk with the staff to see what is available the next year. No Problems so far. . . )

(And no problems with the staff, either. They seem particularly appreciative of owners who are not HGVC points members, because we are the repeat customers who come back year after year.)

Also, for those direct owners wanting to book a particular unit, be aware that the units are split into different periods, per week starting date. Unit X will always be starting Thursdays, Y on Fridays, Z on Saturdays and, Unit P on Sundays. So if you want unit CCC for your week, you need to find what week it is assigned and book that period.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

(1) Resort Name: Plantation Beach Club at Indian River Plantation Resort
(2) Resort Website: http://plantationbeach-irp.hgvc.com/ & http://www.floridagrandvacations.com/hutchinsonisland/plantation_home.php
(3) Resort Club Rules / Guide: http://plantationbeach-irp.hgvc.com/hoa-updates.html
(4) HOA Documentation / News: http://plantationbeach-irp.hgvc.com/hoa-updates.html
(5) Resale department: http://www.floridagrandvacations.com/hutchinsonisland/plantation_sales.php
(6) HGVC membership (mandatory/optional/grandfathered/restricted): Optional
(7) Major Exchange Company affiliation - RCI, Interval International
(8) Developer/Partnership company - Managed by Hilton Grand Vacations Management Company.

Here an old thread. Don't know if anything changed
"II Exchanges with HGVC" (2010) - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/ii-exchanges-with-hgvc.131801/

HGVC Videos -

Plantation Beach Club Flexible Use Program - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByZ8pXNPwzFmREJDZUxPUDJvdDg

What is Plantation Beach Club Flexible Use Program?
The Flexible Use Program is an ownership program designed to give an owner more flexibility when planning their vacation.

What Are The Benefits Of Flexible Use?

• You own part of a “pool” rather than a specific week so you are not locked into a particular week or unit year after year.
  • You may alter the time of your annual vacation to fit your family’s busy schedule.
  • You have the flexibility to vacation during special family occasions.
What Do I Own?
  • You own a deeded week at Plantation Beach Club @IRP. It can be rented, exchanged, bequeathed, resold, or better yet, used at a time that best fits your schedule.
How Do I Use My Flexible Week?
  • You must submit a written Flexible Reservation Request form to Plantation Beach Club @IRP each year because THE WEEK NUMBER ON YOUR DEED IS NOT YOUR CONFIRMED FLEXIBLE WEEK.
  • Mail, e-mail or Fax your completed Flexible Reservation Request form to Plantation Beach Club @IRP. Your request will be confirmed no earlier than 365 days prior to your choice and no later than 10 days prior to the week of your choice.
  • There are three flex seasons.
    • Flex A is deeded weeks 1 to 4 and may flex into weeks 1 thru 4 only.
    • Flex B is deeded weeks 16 to 34 and may flex into weeks 16 thru 34 only.
    • Flex C is deeded weeks 35 to 50 and may flex into weeks 35 thru 50 only.
  • Try to reserve your week early. Most owners make reservations at least one year in advance.
  • In the event that more requests are made for a given unit type and week than there are available, the criteria for determining the relative priorities are the following:
    1. Number of weeks owned (to facilitate reservation of contiguous weeks for multi-week purchasers).
    2. Availability of secondary preference.
  • After the above criteria is met all others will be put into a lottery and names “drawn from the hat”.
How Do I Rent My Flexible Week?
  • Complete the first steps of How Do I Use My Flexible Week? This is necessary since you cannot rent your deeded week. After your reservation is confirmed, you will receive a copy of your confirmed reservation.
  • Fill out the Hilton Grand Vacations Exclusive Timeshare Rental Contract.
  • Mail, e-mail or Fax the completed Rental Contract and a copy of your confirmed reservation to the fax number or address at the top of the Exclusive Timeshare Rental Contract.
How Do I Exchange My Flexible Week?
  • Complete the first steps of How Do I Use My Flexible Week?
  • After you have your confirmation with your reservation number you may call your exchange company and give them the unit and week that you have reserved. Do Not Give Them Your Deeded Unit or Week. The exchange company will contact us to verify the information. We will deny the banking if they have incorrect information, so please ensure you give them the correct information.
What Are The Rules of Flextime Ownership?
  • You will be confirmed into the week of your choice on a first-come, first served, space available basis.
  • In the event that more requests are made for a given unit type and week than there are available, the criteria for determining the relative priorities are the following:
    1. Number of weeks owned (to facilitate reservation of contiguous weeks for multi-week purchasers).
    2. Availability of secondary preference.
    3. After the above criteria is met all others will be put into a lottery and names “drawn from the hat”.
  • Because of normal high demand for holiday time, your request for this time period will be subject to a simple rotation procedure that allows a fair opportunity for all members to reserve a holiday vacation.
  • There is a $25 fee to change a confirmed reservation.
  • There is no carry-over or accrual of unused time to subsequent years. Owners not making timely reservations may lose use of their Flex time for that year.
  • If the owner is not able to make satisfactory reservations, they are not relieved of their obligation to pay all assessments and taxes associated with the ownership of the week.
Plantation Beach Club at Indian River Plantation Resort Rental Rates - http://www.floridagrandvacations.com/hutchinsonisland/plantation_rates.php

From the 2016 Annual Meeting Minutes
- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByZ8pXNPwzFmTW9YajQ2MUdWdTQ

Projects Completed
  • New BBQ grills
  • Patio furniture replaced
  • Gardenia room renovation
  • Washers and dryers replaced in all units
  • Hot water heaters replaced in all units
  • Window replacement
  • Spa surface was refinished
  • Lanai ceiling fans replaced
Projects to be completed in 2016
  • Unit sliding glass doors to be replaced
  • 13 fire rated windows to be replaced
  • Concrete restoration of the building in phases over five year period
Plantation Beach Club has entered into a Broker agreement with Grand Vacations Realty, LLC to sell certain timeshare inventory owned by the Association. Mrs. Anderson explained the 56 weeks would be sold by direct sales over the phone to existing Hilton Grand Vacations owners for points. Ms. Ciolino will have 35 Association owned weeks remaining to sell.

Q. What is the policy on animals being in-house?
A. Service animals and companion therapy animals are allowed.

Q. Do you have to be in house to use the facilities?
A. Yes, it is not in our bylaws to use the facilities year round.

Q. What will happen to our ownership at Plantation Beach Club in 2024?
A. Attorney Michael Belle will work on a proposed amendment that would change the “40 year” clause to “in perpetuity” unless a super majority of the owners vote to terminate the Association.
Hutchinson Island, Florida
http://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/cities/hutchinson-island.html
http://floridashutchinsonisland.com/index.htm
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g34309-Hutchinson_Island_Florida-Vacations.html

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
UPDATED press announcement links and HGVC membership info based on ConejoRed‘s 12/16 post (link)

(1) Resort Name: HGVClub at MarBrisa
(2) Resort Website: tbd
(3) Resort Club Rules / Guide: tbd
(4) HOA Documentation / News: tbd
(5) Resale department: tbd
(6) HGVC membership (mandatory/optional/grandfathered/restricted): Mandatory
HGVC membership no longer available with resale purchases (see link for specifics)

(7) Major Exchange Company affiliation - RCI, GPX
(8) Developer/Partnership company - Grand Pacific Resorts https://grandpacificresorts.com/

Here's some additional information about the Grand Pacific and HGVC agreement
(a) Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort and Hilton Grand Vacations Expand Relationship (2010) - http://newsroom.hilton.com/index.cf...nd-hilton-grand-vacations-expand-relationship
(b) Grand Pacific Resorts, Inc. announces development of the Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort, opening in Carlsbad in late 2007 (2007) - https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...c-Resorts-announces-development-Grand-Pacific
(c) TUG Thread: Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort (2007) - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53363

Here are some old threads. Don't know if anything changed

Contact Info - https://grandpacificresorts.com/emails/gpm/fall16/contact.html

Latest Resort News - https://grandpacificresorts.com/owners-community/stay-informed/resort-news/

From the December 31, 2014 Year End Financial Statement - https://grandpacificresorts.com/emails/gpm/fall16/images/GPM_2015Financial.pdf
Note 3. Related Parties
Management agreement: The Association is operated under a management agreement with Hilton Grand Vacation Club, LLC (HGVC), who has subcontracted with a professional property management company, Grand Pacific Resort Services, L.P. (GPRS), an affiliate of the developer. The Association’s management’s budget is within the guidelines established by the California Bureau of Real Estate, which regulates common interest developments. Management fees under this agreement were $603,212 for the year ended December 31, 2015, of which $563,894 is allocated as fixed expenses under the operating fund and $39,318 is allocated as repairs, replacement and maintenance under the replacement fund.
The Association pays an additional licensing fee to HGVC equal to 2.5 percent of all expenses, before management fees and other adjustments. Licensing fees were $151,937 for the year ended December 31, 2015, and are allocated as administration and sales under the operating fund.
Exchange affiliation agreement: Effective September 2006, the Association has entered into an exchange affiliation agreement with HGVC to offer vacation interval owners at the Association the opportunity to utilize the exchange services and related benefits provided through HGVC. Owners who submit a HGVC enrollment agreement and pay the applicable enrollment and transaction fees shall be entitled to full access to all the benefits, reservations and exchange services offered by HGVC. The term of the agreement is five years and is automatically renewable for successive one-year periods, unless terminated in accordance with the agreement. The liability for the 2016 unpaid HGVC memberships has been accrued on the statement of assets, liabilities and fund balance as of December 31, 2015. As of December 31, 2015, the Association owed HGVC $951,062 under this agreement and is reported under
due to related parties on the statement of assets, liabilities and fund balance.
Other: In addition, the Association shall compensate GPRS and Advanced Financial Corporation (AFC), an affiliate of the developer, for other services provided, including but not limited to assessments billing and collection, accounting and computer services, file and reservation system maintenance, owner relations service, and Board and members meetings coordination. The Association also reimburses GPRS for any out-of-pocket expenses paid. At December 31, 2015, the Association owed GPRS and AFC and other related parties $611,305 for services provided, including $140,840 of fees billed to interval owners included in assessments and other receivables, which will be collected by the Association on behalf of AFC. At December 31, 2015, the Association incurred $237,595 in expense for these services, which has been allocated to administration and sales, fixed expenses and owner relations and guest services under the operating fund on the statement of revenues, expenses and changes in fund balance (deficit).
Cost-sharing agreement: The Association has entered into a cost and facilities sharing agreement with Grand Pacific Carlsbad, L.P. (the Developer), a California limited partnership, to share common operating expenses related to the common facilities, private road and parking lot shared with the nearby hotel owned by the Developer. These expenses shall be shared between the Association and the Developer based on the burden each places on the property, as measured by such factors as the number of rooms, occupancy rates and occupants per unit. Currently, allocation percentages for the Association and the Developer are 44 percent and 56 percent, respectively. In addition, as consideration for allowing the Association to use roadways, parking facilities and other common facilities, the Association pays the Developer, in advance, an annual facilities fee, subject to annual consumer price index increases, based on the number of intervals. For both 2015 and 2016, the fee per interval was $22. The Association incurred expenses of $138,809 for the year ended December 31, 2015, which is allocated to fixed expenses under the operating fund. For the year ended December 31, 2016, the Association paid the Developer $156,373, which has been recorded as prepaid expenses on the statement of assets, liabilities and fund balance at December 31, 2015.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thank you @GT75 and @alwysonvac for your tremendous work in pulling together info on the HGVC system. This information is extremely helpful and much appreciated!

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
You are welcome. I am glad that you found the information helpful. That is the real reason behind the exercise. I am also thankful for everyone that has helped with the Stickies and also with our forum in general. We really have a great group of people.