• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kauai Beach Club pictures

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

I've been having a PM conversation with a TUGger and Kauai Beach Club came up. I know this property is considered to have Pro's and Con's, and that the room themselves are controversial. I have looked through TUG threads trying to figure pictures of the rooms, and even TripAdvisor doesn't have anything great.

I believe Ciszogizmo had pictures at one point, but the link broke I think when the new TUG version was implemented.

Does anyone have pictures of the rooms that show what the interior looks like? Thank you!

Best,

Greg

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your photos. I can book two weeks of timeshare for Hawaii. My problem is with booking air line travel tickets round trip for 14 To 17 days. It is very expensive to fly from the east coast to Hawaii in my opinion.

I can book two Celebrity Cruises tran Atlantic cruises(in a suite) for what I will be paying in airline tickets.

Last edited:

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Thanks for sharing your photos. I can book two weeks of timeshare for Hawaii. My problem is with booking air line travel tickets round trip for 14 To 17 days. It is very expensive to fly from the east coast to Hawaii in my opinion.

I can book two Celebrity Cruises tran Atlantic cruises(in a suite) for what I will be paying in airline tickets.

The downside of Hawaii from the East Coast :( .

It is perhaps a reason though to own HI, so the East-coasters can book a timeshare at 12 months out and have extended time to search for reasonable airfare vs waiting for II exchange. Airfare is always our highest cost when going to HI :/.

Anyone have recent photos of KBC villas? Been several years since we have been there.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I know it's a matter of individual preference, but we've always loved KBC. Yes, the rooms are not traditional timeshare rooms--not as spacious, nor originally designed as timeshare units. That said, KBC is located on Kalapaki Beach where you can watch the cruise ships dock in the distance, and you have your own private beach that's pretty much exclusive to the property. The food is great! We love walking down to the Kukui's On The Beach for breakfast or dinner--no reservations needed. And KBC is home to the only Duke's restaurant on Kauai--just steps away from your room. The pool is one of the best resort pools you'll find, and you can rent a cabana for the day if you're so inclined. The grounds are beautiful, and you definitely feel like you're immersed in the Aloha spirit while you're there. I definitely recommend it.

taffy19

Reaction score
We also liked this resort very much since it had so many negative comments about the rooms so we didn't expect too much but we knew that it was oceanfront.

Javabean posted the second album for this resort under Dioxide's links and they show many beautiful pictures of the resort. You can walk to other restaurants too but we liked Duke's upstairs and the bar downstairs too for a sunset cocktail and listen to the music. It is my favorite pool of all the pools I have seen at the Marriott resorts so far. :)

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Emmy, thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for (I forgot about that thread!). Looking at the pictures, it would appear that the kitchenette would be the biggest difference versus a more traditional 1BR. The bathroom looks pretty modest too, but other than that, it is really that different from other 1BR units? I think this is a property that I will visit for sure. Thanks again!

Best,

Greg

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Emmy, thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for (I forgot about that thread!). Looking at the pictures, it would appear that the kitchenette would be the biggest difference versus a more traditional 1BR. The bathroom looks pretty modest too, but other than that, it is really that different from other 1BR units? I think this is a property that I will visit for sure. Thanks again!

Best,

Greg

Hi Greg.

We stayed there for 5 nights last spring in conjunction with a week at Ko Olina. We used D.C. points for a Sun-Fri stay to leverage our points. We opted for an 1BR OF room and enjoyed the view as well as the overall resort. As I recall the room is similar to MOC, but a bit smaller. The pool is the best and the central location provides good access to all areas of the island.

It isn't our favorite resort, but we enjoyed it well enough.

Best regards.

Mike

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Do most KBC owners prefer OV or OF? I've only stayed in OF, but OV probably also provides a great view of the fantastic pool along with Kalapaki beach backdrop.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We own oceanfront, but have stayed in oceanview villas and thought they were great. The view over the pool is really open and very nice! I'm not sure that every oceanview would be the same, but I thought the unit we traded into via Interval was as nice as our OF unit.

Last edited:

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
We own oceanfront, but have stayed in oceanview villas and thought they were great. The view over the pool is really open and very nice! I'm not sure that every oceanview would be the same, but I thought the unit we traded into via Interval was as nice to as our OF unit.

Thanks. That's what I expect. The OV overlooking the pool, would be fantastic. Post card worth...assuming you get the right OV unit (perhaps not guaranteed). I think I heard OV 2BRs are also a little larger than OF, and include an additional or larger balcony?

melroseman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That's what I expect. The OV overlooking the pool, would be fantastic. Post card worth...assuming you get the right OV unit (perhaps not guaranteed). I think I heard OV 2BRs are also a little larger than OF, and include an additional or larger balcony?
The oceanview villas that look over the pool with a direct view are in the Kahili Tower. The views are impressive. But beware of the 2 bedroom "oceanview" rooms in the Nou Nou Tower. The units are smaller, the only view of the ocean is from out on the angled balcony, and sometimes not even from there. Beg for the Kahili Tower...it makes an enormous difference for the trip.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Anyone know how many OV and OF 2 BR villas are in each KBC tower?