• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about month-long HGVC stays

ravenna

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
elara - las vegas - HGVC
Hello - new owner here.

Still trying to figure out the ropes.

I bought at Elara - Vegas, 7000 points. I was told that this was worth a week in Vegas in a one bedroom at high season, or about a month in a studio at off-season. That's what attracted me: A whole month! Anywhere that HGVC had studio condos! Yay, imagine having a month in some exotic place, in a comfortable room that sleeps 2 to 4 people!

But... given that I was lied to and bamboozled in various ways during the sales pitch, I would like to know straight up: is it actually possible to book a solid month through HGCV?
Or is it impossible because the availability is never there?
Or is it possible, but you have to pay a booking fee of 69 dollars x 4, that is, one fee for each week?

Thanks for helping.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Exotic would be a bit of a stretch...

A standard studio is 1600 points during Gold Season is 1100 points during Silver Season.

Since there are multiple resorts in Orlando and Vegas you might be able to book a month straight during offseason with one reservation using the changeable reservation option.
HGVC SeaWorld in Orlando and Flamingo & Paradise in Las Vegas has standard studios with Silver Season Weeks.
HGVCV Tuscany & SeaWorld in Orlando and Flamingo, Paradise, the Boulevard & Elara has standard studios with Gold Season Weeks.

Anderson in Myrtle Beach also has standard studios with Silver and Gold Season weeks

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
There's the Hilton Hawaiian Village Lagoon Tower studios. This older Tower offers the standard studio points and Gold Season weeks. These studios are small with no balcony (see old thread below) and you would need to book the initial three night minimum and then use the changeable reservation option to add on nights.

Lagoon studio info please (Dec 2010) - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/lagoon-studio-info-please.135741/

In general, just take a look at the HGVC point charts. The key is to book as soon as the Club Window opens. For example, you could also book three weeks in a standard studio during Platinum season as well (which is 2200 points per week).

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
A whole month! Anywhere that HGVC had studio condos! Yay, imagine having a month in some exotic place, in a comfortable room that sleeps 2 to 4 people!

Not a single Studio unit within HGVC is a sleep 4. All are sleep 2 MAX. Just be advised.

ravenna

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
elara - las vegas - HGVC
Thanks - I knowi that's the official line, but air mattresses are cheap and my children are accustomed to being stashed in corners!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks - I knowi that's the official line, but air mattresses are cheap and my children are accustomed to being stashed in corners!

A lot of resorts are strict about occupancy. I have never personally heard of ramifications of that, but perhaps others can comment on that. I have never exceeded the occupancy limits, actually we often get a second unit if we are getting close to max, as we want to improve the person/bathroom ratio, and no one likes the sofa bed.

However some resorts (Kings' Land for instance) you get a wrist band. No wrist band, no access to pools or any facilities. Not the KL has any studios but still. So just saying, you have been warned.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
No wrist band, no access to pools or any facilities.

They could alternate pool days, and if asked, they all have the same name.
OTOH, complaints by a nosy neighbor could be a problem.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Lagoon tower studios are tiny. Barely enough room for 2 people. Hope the 2 kids are small and not 10 years old or older. With an air mattress you wouldn't have any floor space.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

ravenna

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
elara - las vegas - HGVC
A lot of resorts are strict about occupancy. I have never personally heard of ramifications of that, but perhaps others can comment on that. I have never exceeded the occupancy limits, actually we often get a second unit if we are getting close to max, as we want to improve the person/bathroom ratio, and no one likes the sofa bed.

However some resorts (Kings' Land for instance) you get a wrist band. No wrist band, no access to pools or any facilities. Not the KL has any studios but still. So just saying, you have been warned.

When I got the spiel from the Hilton salesman I asked if occupancy was strictly watched. The salesman laughed as he regaled me with tales about his many grandchildren and their happy overstuffed vacations. "No, no, nobody counts heads!"

He lied about a lot of things.... But I had hoped he was being truthful about that.

ravenna

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
elara - las vegas - HGVC
Lagoon tower studios are tiny. Barely enough room for 2 people. Hope the 2 kids are small and not 10 years old or older. With an air mattress you wouldn't have any floor space.

Oh that's too bad. I asked the salesman if the properties were all roughly the same size - since I stayed in a HGVC studio in Vegas and found it spacious. "Just a slight variation," he told me. :)

Fortunately I often travel without the little pests, so I will still enjoy cozy studios no matter how small.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Oh that's too bad. I asked the salesman if the properties were all roughly the same size - since I stayed in a HGVC studio in Vegas and found it spacious. "Just a slight variation," he told me. :)

Fortunately I often travel without the little pests, so I will still enjoy cozy studios no matter how small.

I agree the studio is really too small for anymore than 2 people and an air mattress would give you no floor space to walk in unless everyone went to bed and got up at the exact same time with no night bathroom runs.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Studio in Lagoon tower is 250 sq ft, Kalia tower is 325 sq ft, Seaworld is 400 sq ft, Elara 372 - 510 sq ft. So NO all studios are NOT created equally.

Compared to a basic hotel room, it is probably not a big difference if that is what you are used to.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

All Studios in the HGVC resorts are NOT the same size. The Lagoon Studios are in general about 1/2 the size of the Las Vegas Studios. The have a small refrigerator, sink, kitchen cabinets and countertop. Furthermore, all Lagoon Tower Studios are NOT the same. Some have a King Bed. Some have two Double Beds. The one we stayed in recently was so small that we had no floor space with the just two of us with luggage. The room did have a King bed but only one night table, (no room for 2). One small 18" closet. The dining table was too small to eat at; only big enough for a couple of drinks.

ravenna

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
elara - las vegas - HGVC
That's very useful
information. Saddening ... but useful.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
All Studios in the HGVC resorts are NOT the same size. The Lagoon Studios are in general about 1/2 the size of the Las Vegas Studios. The have a small refrigerator, sink, kitchen cabinets and countertop. Furthermore, all Lagoon Tower Studios are NOT the same. Some have a King Bed. Some have two Double Beds. The one we stayed in recently was so small that we had no floor space with the just two of us with luggage. The room did have a King bed but only one night table, (no room for 2). One small 18" closet. The dining table was too small to eat at; only big enough for a couple of drinks.
There is only one larger studio with balcony in lagoon. It is on the top floor 35. It is the lockout studio with a dedicated 2br unit. It is right next to the elevator so with the studio it would be a 3br unit.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is only one larger studio with balcony in lagoon. It is on the top floor 35. It is the lockout studio with a dedicated 2br unit. It is right next to the elevator so with the studio it would be a 3br unit.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I hate to correct a fellow Tug member but since we just stayed in a Studio in the top floor of the Lagoon Tower I must state the following. The top floor of the Lagoon Tower, which is labeled on the elevator as PH:penthouse, is floor 24. Furthermore, and more important, the lockout studio right next to the elevator 2471 is the really small studio that I previously referred to in a post. It does have a balcony which is fine if the weather and daylight cooperate, otherwise you would need to eat any food you have sitting on the bed. The larger studio that Frank must be referring to is the one across the hall from this studio and the elevators 2462. This is small but I recall it is about Standard Lagoon size with a balcony. Other studios don't have a balcony which makes this room appear larger. We requested this studio but since the lockoff was being used as a 3rd bedroom for the 2 BR unit we couldn't get it.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thought it was 34 floor but thanks for the correction.

I have not stayed in that studio but have only looked at it from next door. It did look larger but that could be becauae of the balcony.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All of the Lagoon studios are pretty small, and most have NO balcony. So having a small unit and a balcony is still better than small and NO balcony.

So basically there are only 9 studio units at HHV worth booking, the 6 at Kalia tower and the 3 on the 24th floor of Lagoon. Forget about the rest at the Lagoon, they are horrible.

Not a lot of studios for such a large resort. GW and GI did not add any studios.

But honestly the likelihood of getting a month long stay in any of the 9 units is going to be a Herculean feat, more likely at a resort that has more units available.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the lockout studio right next to the elevator 2471 is the really small studio It does have a balcony which is fine if the weather and daylight cooperate, otherwise you would need to eat any food you have sitting on the bed. The larger studio is 2462.

There is also one additional lstudio ockoff studio on 24, and that is 2473 (I think). Has anyone stayed in the back corner unit closest to the Kalia Tower and the street, and know what the lockoff is like on that unit? Just curious.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is also one additional studio lockoff studio on 24, and that is 2473 (I think). Has anyone stayed in the back corner unit closest to the Kalia Tower and the street, and know what the lockoff is like on that unit? Just curious.

I will answer my own question, since I found the info.

Unit 2472 Floor Area: 296 SF / Lanai: 98 SF LARGEST
Unit 2462 Floor Area: 270 SF / Lanai: 48 SF
Unit 2471 Floor Area: 265 SF / Lanai: 45 SF SMALLEST

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I will answer my own question, since I found the info.

Unit 2472 Floor Area: 296 SF / Lanai: 98 SF LARGEST
Unit 2462 Floor Area: 270 SF / Lanai: 48 SF
Unit 2471 Floor Area: 265 SF / Lanai: 45 SF SMALLEST

Wow, I didn't know about the 2472 Studio but it sounds nice. Since I just stayed in the 2471 unit I must question the 265 SF area. I have stayed in other studios in Lagoon and this one was a dwarf compared to them. Do you have the SF of the other Studios.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, I didn't know about the 2472 Studio but it sounds nice. Since I just stayed in the 2471 unit I must question the 265 SF area. I have stayed in other studios in Lagoon and this one was a dwarf compared to them. Do you have the SF of the other Studios.

According to documents provided by others
XX62 305 SF No Balcony Floors 3 to 23
XX71 311 SF No Balcony Floors 3 to 23

Since these extend out further, as they have no balcony, they should be a little bigger.

Interesting thing is that HGVC website lists them all at 250 SF.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Since these extend out further, as they have no balcony, they should be a little bigger.

Those square footages are all small compared to the Las Vegas and Orlando Studios. I stayed recently at the Royal Kuhio timeshare and that studio was much larger than all of the Lagoon Tower Studios. They even had a full size refrigerator.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Those square footages are all small compared to the Las Vegas and Orlando Studios. I stayed recently at the Royal Kuhio timeshare and that studio was much larger than all of the Lagoon Tower Studios. They even had a full size refrigerator.

By the way, I didn't realize that the studios on the other floors extended out further since they don't have the Lanai. That is why they are larger. That's interesting. I know the 2471 Studio has an extended elevator room that makes the room smaller. That is why there is no room for a night table and lamp on both sides of the bed.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
By the way, I didn't realize that the studios on the other floors extended out further since they don't have the Lanai. That is why they are larger. That's interesting. I know the 2471 Studio has an extended elevator room that makes the room smaller. That is why there is no room for a night table and lamp on both sides of the bed.

Yes but I would give up space for a balcony in a studio. Having no balcony or even a Juliett one, with big windows would be find but the windows suck on the standard studios at Lagoon.