• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bought my first contract(s)

donymo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just won an eBay auction for my first 3 contracts.

I paid $599 for 462k of which one is UDI at Cypress Palms plus two are Club Wyndham Access contracts: 140,000 and 212,000 points. $229 for maintenance on all.

The seller is paying all closing costs and 2017 maintenance.

The downside is the points are not available until 2018.

I feel like this is a good deal based on other's advice here that $3 per 1,000 points is a benchmark for a good deal. I hope I read that right!

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just won an eBay auction for my first 3 contracts.

I paid $599 for 462k of which one is UDI at Cypress Palms plus two are Club Wyndham Access contracts: 140,000 and 212,000 points. $229 for maintenance on all.

The seller is paying all closing costs and 2017 maintenance.

The downside is the points are not available until 2018.

I feel like this is a good deal based on other's advice here that $3 per 1,000 points is a benchmark for a good deal. I hope I read that right!

Congrats on the purchase price. Sounds like you got it cheaper because the points were stripped for this year. If it's a Jan 1st use date, then after close you are probably only out 5 months of MFs so $1,145. So really purchase price is more like $1,744, still a really good price!

MFs are good if that is the total amount. $5.95 per thousand.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Close on the fees, based on what's posted in the sticky:

CWA 352,000 @ 5.6/K = $1971.20
Cyprss Palms 110,000 @ 6.43/K = $707.30
Program fee 462*.55 = $254.10

$2932.60/12= $244.38 per month.

donymo

TUG Member
Reaction score
All 2017 maintenance fees are being paid by the seller, so it's $599 all in for me.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
All 2017 maintenance fees are being paid by the seller, so it's $599 all in for me.

Most owners are on monthly auto pay, and there's not really a way to prepay. Once it transfers, they will begin billing you monthly. You'll likely need to work out reimbursement with the seller then.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
If you are happy with it, that is all that counts. If you don't like it down the road you do not have a lot to lose ($599). I think you did just fine.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I think you got a great deal on the CWA points. If they truly have paid MF till end of year. Even if they didn't it's still a good deal

However, I would probably dump the cypress palm contract. It's easy to get into and many times can be had on RCI for $30 per night and it's MF's/dues are on the high side

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Most owners are on monthly auto pay, and there's not really a way to prepay. Once it transfers, they will begin billing you monthly. You'll likely need to work out reimbursement with the seller then.
It will probably take 3-4 months to complete this transaction, which means seller will have to pay thru the end of July or August. At that point, Wyndham will begin to bill you monthly. You might ask the seller to cut you a check for MF's of August thru December to get those months MF's covered.

Last edited:

donymo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great advice! I appreciate all of you sharing your wisdom!

antjmar

Reaction score
Congrats I think you did well!
Some accounts are still paid annually.
Look at the estoppel it will state if fees are collected monthly or annually and when next payment is due.
Even if a monthly account owner can prepay several months at closing.

Make sure it is clearly written in your contract that seller is paying all of 2017.

Campbell Vaughn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana St Augustine
352,000 CWA points... it appears to me she got a freaking steal. Most of those that I've watched on eBay lately have gone anywhere from 3000-4500. I watched this one and was curious why no one was bidding.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably the lack of any kind of meaningful feedback pertaining to handling timeshare resales.

I'm having that problem now. I asked a seller for a VOID and she said that she didn't have anything like that.

antjmar

Reaction score
dumb question... Whats a Void (pertaining to a timeshare)?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks I was also wondering what VOID was!

I asked for the VOID.
Crickets...

I asked for the Vacation Ownership Interested Detail.
Crickets...

I asked for the estoppel letter.
Crickets...

I asked for the Ownership Summary.
Crickets...

I sent a screenshot of what I wanted.
I got something back but it wasn't what I asked for, but I could figure out what it was. Now I just need Ron to assess the contract number. :)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask for a screen shot of the ownership summary and of the financial page and the points summary

If you don't get the info to make you comfortable, don't bid

I seldom asked for an estoppel and only got burned twice over the last 7 years

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask for a screen shot of the ownership summary and of the financial page and the points summary

If you don't get the info to make you comfortable, don't bid

I seldom asked for an estoppel and only got burned twice over the last 7 years

I got the assessment page and the contract detail. I didn't get the first page of the ownership summary, but then again, that would have ALL of the owner's contracts listed, so I can see why that wasn't sent.