• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Crystal shore new rooms

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
has anyone stayed in the new building at crystal shores. I was wondering how the poolside views floor 6-15 are. We usually stay in the gulf front rooms. I was wondering how they compare.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't think they are open yet.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
They appear to be available on Marriott.com starting Monday may 8th. We don't own destination points, so I'm unsure if they're available earlier that way.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We will be staying there for 5 nights starting next Sunday and will check it out. They have given us warnings that construction is ongoing.

Mike

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We checked in on Sunday and leave tomorrow. We used D.C. Points to get a Gulf View room and have enjoyed our room and stay. Based on what we were told the units were updated last fall. It looks like it.

They opened the new lobby and 36 new units yesterday. The new entrance and lobby is a major upgrade. The old lobby area will be torn down. They had 14 guests/families check in yesterday and 5-6 today, so we were able to see one of the 3 BR units. It was on the 5th floor and was in the Lower Pool View area of the back building. We were very impressed with the view as it looked straight out to the gulf. Of course, the older buildings and the new side building blocked the view to the right side, but it was still a nice view. If I remember correctly, this View level is on the first 5-6 floors and higher floors will be classified as High Pool View. There will be units on the north side of the new side building and the lower level rooms there will be classified as Standard View. As our contact said, that View will be primarily for people who don't care about the View and just want to be at the resort and area. They will cost less points to reserve.

The unit we saw was very nice. Very much like the current units, but two things we noticed right away compared to our room were 1) no supporting column in the middle of the living room and dining room area, and 2) no column in the middle of the outside of the balcony. So, a much more open view in both areas. The balcony remains very spacious.

The new pool area will also be very nice with cascading water features/pools going from outside the lobby area down toward the current large pool, with the gulf water in the distance.

Overall, it appears that Marriott is doing a great job with the expansion. We were told the remaining 116 - 2 and 3 BR units will be available by the end of the year. They will also open the Upper Cascade Pool, Activities Center, state of the art Fitness Center, and a new restaurant named Pizza Cucina.

Best regards.

Mike

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Mike, thanks for the report and I hope you enjoyed Crystal Shores! Is this your first trip there?

Best,

Greg

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Mike, thanks for the report and I hope you enjoyed Crystal Shores! Is this your first trip there?

Best,

Greg

Thanks Greg.

Yes, this was our first visit and we enjoyed the unit and the area very much. It is a good location for a relaxing time. The overall resort will be much nicer once they complete the construction. Found some nice shells on the beach and had some nice meals. We drove up to Sanibel Island to visit the National Shell Museum, which was very interesting. Tried to find shells on the beach, but we were there during higher tide and the water was rougher than expected, so didn't find much. On the way back we stopped in Naples. Walked on the pier and had dinner on 5th Avenue. We really enjoyed that area of Naples.

We are the Villas at Doral for tonight and fly to Grand Cayman tomorrow. First time there too, so it should be a fun experience.

Best regards.

Mike

David10225

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Barony Beach
We also just returned from a stay in the new building this past week. Lot's of construction. Long walk to the beach from that building. Very modern furniture in the rooms, not exactly our favorite. Second bedroom seemed kind of small to me. Marco is an interesting place. Glad we got a chance to go there, but will not be returning.

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just checked out today from the new poolside building and our villa had direct Gulf view access. The construction was overwhelming and I think the need for revenue rushed the opening ....our villa had several electrical issues, including lights, fans, and a doorbell that didn't work. The washer was so out of balance, I was afraid it was taking off! This was also our first trip to Marco and we agree we won't be returning.