• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Changing owner on confirmation.

sheweeble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning,
I have made a couple of reservations that overlap, I am now trying to change the confirmation and put another owner on one instead of me, but it does not give me the option when I go into change/add. It shows me as current traveler and will not let me change it to my husband. I am sure I have done this before.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning,
I have made a couple of reservations that overlap, I am now trying to change the confirmation and put another owner on one instead of me, but it does not give me the option when I go into change/add. It shows me as current traveler and will not let me change it to my husband. I am sure I have done this before.
You have to call

John_and_Val

Reaction score
If you want to change the name on a reservation to ANOTHER owner name, you can only do it at the time you make the reservation online. If anytime after the reservation is made, and you want to change the name of the reservation to ANOTHER OWNER, you have to call. They will change the reservation to a GUEST and list other owner. It will not cost you a GC. I do it all the time.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the change is to another owner who is names in your membership it's free. No guest certificate is required. You have to call. I've done this before - I have family members names on a deed and in turn are named in my membership. It's no big deal to make a change.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to change the name on a reservation to ANOTHER owner name, you can only do it at the time you make the reservation online. If anytime after the reservation is made, and you want to change the name of the reservation to ANOTHER OWNER, you have to call. They will change the reservation to a GUEST and list other owner. It will not cost you a GC. I do it all the time.
My statement is correct. I clearly stated it uses a GC. If you do it online it uses a GC and if you don't have extras it will cost you. You are correct if you call it's free.
OP stated they don't like to call in so I pointed out another option

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Calling isn't my favorite thing to do either, but I'd do it for this. (And, I did it recently as I mistakenly put a reservation in my name that should have been my better half's)

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
You can only pick another owner, like your husband, AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. If there are units still out there for the time that you want, you can always just cancel and rebook (but at a transactions cost). Calling is your other option, as others have pointed out.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would call in also.
Don't understand the posts.
What's wrong with pointing out options?
I'm not one that that thinks it's my way or the highway.

Am I being bullied?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can only pick another owner, like your husband, AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. If there are units still out there for the time that you want, you can always just cancel and rebook (but at a transactions cost). Calling is your other option, as others have pointed out.
Another good option

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank everyone, we are platinum owners, so I did cancel and rebook. That's how much I hate calling!

I am Platinum too, I would would have cancel and rebook before calling, provided there was no chance on losing the unit. I hate talking them.

I was so frustrated yesterday. All I want was the point chart for the Worldmark Marble Falls. It has been in club pass for months now. Do you think they could find a point chart anywhere NO NO NO. So I had to ask for a mid week day, a weekend day and I discovered WM also has different points on Sundays, but when they convert to Wyndham they don't charge different for Sunday. Seem to surprise the VC but I am not sure why since every point chart in Club Pass for WM follow the midweek, weekend that Wyndham has, so go figure. It is sad when we know their product better than they do.

So after a long and extremely frustrating conversation, as I was basically trying to build myself a point chart, the VC says to me, you need to go on vacation and relax, you are too stress out, Let me just book something there for you. Yeah I'm stress out by the fact that there are a bunch of dumbasses working over there, and you can't get a straight answer from a one of them.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am Platinum too, I would would have cancel and rebook before calling, provided there was no chance on losing the unit. I hate talking them.

I was so frustrated yesterday. All I want was the point chart for the Worldmark Marble Falls. It has been in club pass for months now. Do you think they could find a point chart anywhere NO NO NO. So I had to ask for a mid week day, a weekend day and I discovered WM also has different points on Sundays, but when they convert to Wyndham they don't charge different for Sunday. Seem to surprise the VC but I am not sure why since every point chart in Club Pass for WM follow the midweek, weekend that Wyndham has, so go figure. It is sad when we know their product better than they do.

So after a long and extremely frustrating conversation, as I was basically trying to build myself a point chart, the VC says to me, you need to go on vacation and relax, you are too stress out, Let me just book something there for you. Yeah I'm stress out by the fact that there are a bunch of dumbasses working over there, and you can't get a straight answer from a one of them.

You made me chuckle. Empathetically.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
You made me chuckle. Empathetically.

Thanks for the laughs both of you! Once in a while I've actually just given up on a VC and called back to get different one. Some are more knowledgeable than others.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thanks for the laughs both of you! Once in a while I've actually just given up on a VC and called back to get different one. Some are more knowledgeable than others.
Has there been excessive turnover. Sure seems like a lot of new VC's, not empowered to do anything (like a GC override on a split resevation). And that really don't know what they are doing. Is it just me?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've worked in call centers. We had classes for new hires every week the turnover was something to see. I've seen guys that finished a week of training and on their first day on the phone. They got a break and walked out and didn't even come back for their first (last) pay check

Strapped to a headset and the calls keep coming; it's hard work. And I'm sure Wyndham is no different turnover has to be high

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I've worked in call centers. We had classes for new hires every week the turnover was something to see. I've seen guys that finished a week of training and on their first day on the phone. They got a break and walked out and didn't even come back for their first (last) pay check

Strapped to a headset and the calls keep coming; it's hard work. And I'm sure Wyndham is no different turnover has to be high

Our son works at a call center and is asked to mentor other employees, not just the new hires. If there is no one who is really good on their team, who keeps an eye on them and helps them, many of them don't give very good information or assistance. Most call centers allow a certain amount of time off the phone for training and meeting time with the supervisor. Some supervisors waste that time chatting with the employee or focusing on minute things instead of working to help the employee to improve their knowledge base. There are training times off the phone to keep the employees current and to qualify them to handle various types of calls. During the training session our son attended last week the majority of the people in it played on their phones and talked because the supervisor got called away to deal with something that couldn't wait. At the end of the session these people then proceeded to ask stupid questions or said they didn't understand what was covered because they hadn't paid any attention. Our son said he will pass on mentoring any of them and when the supervisor asks he will tell him why. He gets a little tired of fixing other people's problems for the basic stuff they are supposed to know but is happy to help with the more complicated stuff or stuff they haven't trained on yet. The really sad part is lot of the information they need they can access online while they are on the call if they take the initiative to do it. And even sadder is that some of them didn't pay enough attention during their classroom training period nor their side by side time before they are turned loose to work on their own to even learn enough to be able to understand what they are reading.

The better call centers love to hire people that have previous call center experience and often start them out at a higher rate of pay but that doesn't mean they were any good at their previous position.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The work ethic is learned at an early age. I learned to do repetitive tasks .. not FUN but part of almost any job. Wash the dinner dishes, mop the kitchen floor, run the vacuum, mow the grass ... these are NOT menial jobs but rather necessary tasks which everyone needs to do.

Are these tasks BORING? Sure, but without being done, there is no food, no clean houses or mowed lawns, etc.

PS My motto to young people is "If it was fun, you would not be paid to do it."

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

It would have been easier to search for the Wyndham Club Pass on TUG! Points charts galore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No one has the point chart for Worldmark Marble Falls that I have to pay with Wyndham points. I can find the WM point chart on their website, but not Wyndham Club Pass point chart.