• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten Boost Program

Steve NH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Once again we are approaching that time period
I emailed them and asked if they were doing it this year.
Response - "I will not know until it is actually announced in the newsletter"

Well I always seem to get the newsletter about 2 weeks later than everyone else ..
So if anyone gets the newsletter and see that they are offering the Boost program again - I'd appreciate the heads up

I was also told that they can only take requests the following busness day after the newsletter is released.

Steve NH

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you pay the 2018 maint fee early - they deposit a certain amount of TPU into your RCI account (usually 12-16) While supply lasts
It applies for each unit you own.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you pay the 2018 maint fee early - they deposit a certain amount of TPU into your RCI account (usually 12-16) While supply lasts
It applies for each unit you own.
Wow! That sounds like a great program.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Its good but RCI's reduction of the time for combined deposits has diminished the value. They give you old bulk deposit credits that no one claimed. So if you were one of the first to get the credits you would get the highest leftovers which were as high as 17 last year you would have had an expiration date probably September or maybe May of 2017. I got a 13, 11, and 11. I combined the 13 along with other stuff on the last opportunity to get the 2 years. The two 11's expire at the end of this month. There are nice because I often use one for a September trip back to Massanutten and combined with the internal rci exchange fee of $149 means that I can get a bonus week pretty much at any time in any unit type there for $149.

I was going to use one for a pre easter week (2 weeks prior) at VV at Parkway but by the time I started to search only 1 br remained. I kept hoping for something larger. I finally booked a 1 br for the $149 exchange fee for 9 points. The next day I saw a 2BR at OL so I cancelled the VV at Parkway and paid the extra $79 toward the regular $230 exchange fee and booked it instead. It's the best when you don't have to pay to extend/combine the bonuses in order to use them.

BobDE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten
This is a fact. Wish it was like the good old days where it was more valuable.

And why is it that every time tschwa2 makes a post I feel like sitting down with a few beers and a pile of crabs. LOL

Its good but RCI's reduction of the time for combined deposits has diminished the value. They give you old bulk deposit credits that no one claimed. So if you were one of the first to get the credits you would get the highest leftovers which were as high as 17 last year you would have had an expiration date probably September or maybe May of 2017. I got a 13, 11, and 11. I combined the 13 along with other stuff on the last opportunity to get the 2 years. The two 11's expire at the end of this month. There are nice because I often use one for a September trip back to Massanutten and combined with the internal rci exchange fee of $149 means that I can get a bonus week pretty much at any time in any unit type there for $149.

I was going to use one for a pre easter week (2 weeks prior) at VV at Parkway but by the time I started to search only 1 br remained. I kept hoping for something larger. I finally booked a 1 br for the $149 exchange fee for 9 points. The next day I saw a 2BR at OL so I cancelled the VV at Parkway and paid the extra $79 toward the regular $230 exchange fee and booked it instead. It's the best when you don't have to pay to extend/combine the bonuses in order to use them.

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who have been waiting, the Trading Power Boost has just been announced in the first newsletter of 2017 (saw it in the In Flight Spring 2017). According to the announcement, the highest "boost" they have is 19 points and quantities are limited. You had to have paid your 2018 maintenance fee and request the boost before Nov 1 2017.

Steve NH

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who have been waiting, the Trading Power Boost has just been announced in the first newsletter of 2017 (saw it in the In Flight Spring 2017). According to the announcement, the highest "boost" they have is 19 points and quantities are limited. You had to have paid your 2018 maintenance fee and request the boost before Nov 1 2017.

Just curious - where do you find the "In Flight Spring 2017". I have not received the newsletter yet.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you log into your account at owners.massresort.com you can access the last 3 or so newsletters including the current one.

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious - where do you find the "In Flight Spring 2017". I have not received the newsletter yet.

If you log into your account at owners.massresort.com you can access the last 3 or so newsletters including the current one.

That's right, once you login to your account, you'll see a section on the right hand side that gives your owner details. In very faint text, you'll see "View Newsletters". Clicking on that line will open up another tab that provides links to the last 3 newsletters.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sent my request in on Saturday the 13 and received my 20 point boost today!
What was the expiration date on that credit?

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Expiration on my 20 TPU boost is July 2017. Not a lot of time, but I have a few 5 and 6 point credits that I needed to combine anyways and this will give me the reason to do it.

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
Just got 19 TPU boost X 2 for 2 units owned. They expire end of June. I will combine the 38 TPU's with other stuff I have left over.

Steve NH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heads up much appreciated
Got 20 TPU each for 2 units...Will be used up very quickly

iwanttoflyaway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the boosts? I'm curious about the maximum 'per account' - does that mean per RCI account, or per unit? I'm hopeful they'll offer this program again this year.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Has anyone purchased the boosts? I'm curious about the maximum 'per account' - does that mean per RCI account, or per unit? I'm hopeful they'll offer this program again this year.
I have purchased additional boosts.

Although my ownership is triennial... I have received boosts every year (comp and purchased @ $15/point) after paying the next year's maintenance fees.

Since I only own 1 unit, I don't know whether the limit is per unit or account, but check with Susan Blackshaw (sblackshaw@massresort.com)... she's always been nice and helpful.