• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Possible to Rent Out my Worldmark Week at Yellowstone?

smmatrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are booked mid-August for a week in Yellowstone and things are popping up suggesting we may not be able to go . I think this is a high demand week.

Can the senior Worldmark owners here advise on whether this reservation can be sold? Or, what would you do... give it back to Worldmark or sell the week to some lucky family?

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Personally, I'd give it back to WM. But I say that as I'm too lazy to coordinate for a rental. Beyond that, YES, it should be mostly easy to rent especially if the dates align with the eclipse.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Yellowstone in the summer is a high demand week. If it is mid august it might also be near eclipse but without looking up the exact path I don't know how much that impacts WY.

You can rent this but it depends on how you obtained it. Got it through RCI, then NO, you can't rent. Got it through Worldmark, the rent as you like.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The eclipse is Aug 21 st., so if your dates include this date it's worth a BUNDLE. I've seen modest hotels in the totality zone go for over $500/night with a 3 night minimum.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The eclipse is Aug 21 st., so if your dates include this date it's worth a BUNDLE. I've seen modest hotels in the totality zone go for over $500/night with a 3 night minimum.

I have some for rent, not in yellowstone, but elsewhere. But it is finding the right audience that is hard. I have a had 1 inquiry. just 1. No takers (yet).

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High demand. Advertise it for rent here on Tug in the marketplace. If you don't have any takers by the time you need to cancel without penalty, cancel it.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

smmatrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. We actually live on a farm in the exact eclipse path four miles south of Monmouth, Oregon but honestly don't see the big deal in viewing it. I think a large meteor speeding past planet Earth would be much more of a spectacular show. Haha. I've thought of charging admission to the masses to come to our vineyard here to view the eclipse.

Anyway, thank you all for the suggestions. Seems the Yellowstone rental market isn't as strong as I thought. I'll probably just post it on the boards here at TUG for other members pleasure. Another thought was to possibly deposit it into DAE or similar service. I've never done it before but I understand if you deposit a premium week, you can almost have your pick of anything out there? Any thoughts on this? [Date removed to prevent this crom becoming an ad.]

Last edited by a moderator:

jrogersok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am NOT booked in Fiji at a Worldmark, I am booked in Fiji in 2019 with Tradewinds.