• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking to add just have a few quick questions

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey guys first off thank you so much for clicking on the post. So last year I purchased my first TS at SVV. Its a 2br 81k annual. We used it this year and loved it ( we have been before to SVV prior to ownership). So we have two young daughters (3 and 6) and can see ourselves going every year to Orlando at least one week. So we want to add at least another week every other year.

First does anyone have any suggestions I was thinking a 67,100 SO EOY. My reasoning is that combined we could use these SOs to stay at some of the other properties that would need the big SOs down the road. I have seen $700 roughly for paint fees for this. Would it be cheaper at all being I already own at SVV? I could have sworn I remember a resort fee or tax in the Maint fees.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a better option as far as MF and Point gain? Thank you so much for your help. I have been reading for hours and still not sure what to do.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Platinum season 2 bedroom SVV and platinum plus season 1 bedroom WKV are the two least expensive mf. They are roughly the same but SVV has slightly more taxes, ~$100. You can get SVV for next to nothing (I paid $900 including closing, for annual 81k) whereas WKV goes for about $9k and very hard to find.

Now, I don't think you should look for SVV with 67k. You are paying the same MF fee and taxes between the 67k and 81k units for the 2 bedroom only unit. It's just one is in platinum and the other in gold. If you wait, either will be giving away free. They go for nearly nothing. Mine as well maximize your points if your mf is gong to be the same.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there an 81k every other year option? I cannot seem to find one.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there an 81k every other year option? I cannot seem to find one.
There are a couple on redweek, although they are not clearly identified as mandatory units. That would need to be confirmed.

One is a 81,000 and another 95,700. Both are even years. I'm surprised they are not labelling then as to which part of SVV they are.

I'm just new to this so haven't got my head around all the little things yet. This may be very obvious to others and they can add more.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
So are there any part of the MF ( resort fee or taxes) that I will not have to pay twice every year since I already own in SVV?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
So are there any part of the MF ( resort fee or taxes) that I will not have to pay twice every year since I already own in SVV?

The MF's and taxes are on a per unit basis, so no savings there.

But you will save on VSE fees. Your first unit costs about $140/year, a second unit costs about $45/year, and additional units are "free".

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok great so when I see MFs stated I can figure on a $95 a year savings then over the stated price?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
When we were on a sales presentation in December of 2015, the manager came to our table and did some figures for converting our weeks to Staroptions, and he said, "It will cost $1.2 million to convert all of your weeks." I just laughed out loud.

Anyway, I have been looking at WKV for a while now, and I would love to get a couple of those weeks, Platinum season.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
One other option, and this would work best if you aren't going to Orlando in peak season. Don't buy another week at all. Just use II getaways to book at SVV in Orlando. Weeks are almost always less than the MFs on the same unit. Then use your existing 81K StarOptions to book elsewhere in the network. No commitments of another week to own and probably cheaper in the long run too.

We now own three SVV mandatory weeks and the SOs are valuable enough that we wouldn't use the weeks to book back in to Orlando. We will use the SOs elsewhere and when we want to go to Orlando, just buy getaways. Though we usually travel in shoulder/off season.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting play dioxide! Only thing is I am afraid my last shot of going to Orlando in offseason will be this next coming year. But honestly I want to bulk up the SOs for when we want to book possibly Hawaii or St Johns. So the MFs and Purchase price are worth it to me. And honestly we used our SOs this year in Orlando and another family went with us an Paid cash it costed them $2600 I believe. So factor that my MFs are just around $13xx I am fine with that savings then eventually using the SOs at the other resorts as the kids get older. Whats your opinion do you think they keep adding resorts? Because this is really where the additional SOs would pay off.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Look for a two bedroom in prime season.
The two bedroom lockoff in gold also gives you 81k but you will pay more in mf fees. Since the two bedroom lockoff is bigger.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently Own a 2 bedroom Platinum Bella 81k I think I want the same exact thing but every other year.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently Own a 2 bedroom Platinum Bella 81k I think I want the same exact thing but every other year.
If your not a member of Redweek I can find out if those two I mentioned are mandatory units?

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you could maddog that would be a huge help. I am not currently a member.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Surething, I'll send off an email in a few minutes.

I'm guessing the 95,700 is Key West, but I'm not positive.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Look for a two bedroom in prime season.
The two bedroom lockoff in gold also gives you 81k but you will pay more in mf fees. Since the two bedroom lockoff is bigger.
A 2BR-LO Gold is not a great value. Again, just like the 81K 2BR dedicated unit, the MF for the gold/high is the same as the MF for the Platinum/Prime week, however with the lower season you get fewer SOs. With the low cost of Prime season SVV, I would opt to try to stick to Prime season weeks.

I do agree that it can be challenging finding out if weeks at SVV are in the mandatory phases of Bella and Key West. Not everyone indicates the phase in their ads. It was one of the challenges I had when buying our three weeks. The only way to know is to ask, and even sometimes they still don't know.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any dealer websites that I could check even if they are slightly more are still a relatively good deal?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Are there any dealer websites that I could check even if they are slightly more are still a relatively good deal?
I have found Redweek and EBay to be the best. There are other places like MyResortNetwork, but I have found that the agents that list there also list on TUG Marketplace and Redweek. YOu just need to be patient. Though I am not sure how soon an EOY 2BR 81K Prime will show up. I can't say that I have ever seen one. You may need to just spring for an annual.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
A 2BR-LO Gold is not a great value. Again, just like the 81K 2BR dedicated unit, the MF for the gold/high is the same as the MF for the Platinum/Prime week, however with the lower season you get fewer SOs. With the low cost of Prime season SVV, I would opt to try to stick to Prime season weeks.

I do agree that it can be challenging finding out if weeks at SVV are in the mandatory phases of Bella and Key West. Not everyone indicates the phase in their ads. It was one of the challenges I had when buying our three weeks. The only way to know is to ask, and even sometimes they still don't know.

Interesting that they are the same mf fees. To be honest, if you're not booking the same suite that you bought then it really makes no difference. To book 1yr out, you need to be in the same season and the same suite. If you wanted to save SO's and book a 1 bedroom, then you are limited to 8 months out anyways. Plus, the prices that SVR and SVV go online is so cheap that I wouldn't even use the SO's to book orlando but save them for other resorts like Hawaii, Bahamas and others. I plan on going back to Orlando winter 2018 and might just look for bonnet creek or something in the rent section of the forum. It costs me more per $/SO's then it would for me to find something online.

Also, very easy to find 81k prime season online. When I recently bought mine, there were 4 units, 2 listed every week. Lost on the first 2, but won the 3rd.
Price paid 81k, prime. $500 + $400 closing.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of my request has came back and it is a lock off, Bella with 81,000 StarOptions. Even years only and they are asking $1995 + closing. It is not a Platinum.

Of course all this would need to be confirmed but at least it answers your question if there are any ones out there.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV

http://www.myresortnetwork.com/Timeshares-for-sale/Orlando/Florida/Sheratons-Vistana-Villages/

That's where I got my first timeshare. There's one listed by Kushman for $2k. I recently paid $500 for the exact same. Also, 2 went on eBay with 2017 free usage for $1500, with everything included (closing costs and all).

So you can contact and make an offer.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
One of my request has came back and it is a lock off, Bella with 81,000 StarOptions. Even years only and they are asking $1995 + closing. It is not a Platinum.

Of course all this would need to be confirmed but at least it answers your question if there are any ones out there.
A similar 81K 2BR-LO showed up on Ebay today too. All costs paid by the seller. It looks like they are including the VSN fee in the MF amount that was disclosed.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much would you guys value an every other year 81k 2bed non lock off with all closing costs paid by seller.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
No SOs left and its an odd year so Ill have to pay for next two years before I get usage