• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval International- Condo Direct Question

nokaoi9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Sheraton, Westin
I was on II the other day checking out getaways when I saw something interesting. I don't remember the exact verbiage, but something about not having to go for a whole week. In the past we've done getaways for four to five nights so this caught my attention. My initial thought was it was referring to a short stay exchange, but after clicking to learn more, I was redirected to condodirect.com. Does anyone know about this site, is it legitimate, owned by II, etc.? You can book short stays at a great price and also has an Interval Family and Friends page for getaways, which doesn't require a login. I'm hoping to get some feedback on the site before considering booking.

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
We have used it twice for 3-4 day stays. We have an upcoming stay this fall. It is cheaper than a getaway if you purchase less than 7 days. We did not have any issues and we're pleased with the stay. While I can't seem to set up an account which triggers an auto confirmation, I would screenshot everything and then request the confirmation afterwards from customer service using by reservation/confirmation numbers.

nokaoi9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Sheraton, Westin
Thank you. We were looking at a stay for Memorial Day but the site leaves something to be desired. Just wanted to see if anyone else had any prior experiences.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
It's been known for a while. Here's a post of mine from 2012; I'm still not clear on how II manages its inventory through condodirect but there is a definite connection.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Years ago, the search and results function on Condo Direct looked very similar to that on IntervalWorld. It has since changed, but it does all appear to be excess II inventory that they are trying to rent to the general public.

I have never rented through it, but searching inventory you won't find many of the prime properties. Even with loads of Orlando Marriott Getaways on II's website, I have yet to ever see them on Condo Direct. I suspect that certain affiliation agreements either allow or don't allow them to rent inventory to the general public in such a manner.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I logged on to my Interval account and clicked on the link for short resort stays and it took me to condo direct. I booked three nights at Grande Vista in a studio for a great price for Memorial weekend. Was not able to receive my confirmation but Interval had someone that found it for me and emailed it to me. When I went to Condo Direct not logged in through my Interval account there were no Marriott's that show on the site.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I logged on to my Interval account and clicked on the link for short resort stays and it took me to condo direct. I booked three nights at Grande Vista in a studio for a great price for Memorial weekend. Was not able to receive my confirmation but Interval had someone that found it for me and emailed it to me. When I went to Condo Direct not logged in through my Interval account there were no Marriott's that show on the site.
Hey, that is good to know. I did the a check and can see Grande Vista and Harbour Lake when I go through the II website link but neither of those when I don't.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I sign in to my Interval account (the DC Corporate one) I don't seem to be able to find a link for short resort stays.
Where do you go to in the site to click on this link please?

greenfrog

Reaction score
I know on the non-DC account you have to be Gold or Platinum to reserve short-stays. I'm not sure how that translates to the DC side.

I'm platinum non-DC account but still can't see the link. Any clues ?

Thanks

elleny76

Reaction score
When I sign in to my Interval account (the DC Corporate one) I don't seem to be able to find a link for short resort stays.
Where do you go to in the site to click on this link please?
I read this info in a different page: "If you're an II member you can book less-than-seven-days condodirect stays by clicking through the "Travel" and "Resort Deals" buttons in your II account"

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read this info in a different page: "If you're an II member you can book less-than-seven-days condodirect stays by clicking through the "Travel" and "Resort Deals" buttons in your II account"
Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried this.
I am Platinum DC Account with Interval.
I clicked "Travel", but unfortunately this did not bring up a "Resort Deals" option

Attachments

• IMG_4745.PNG
    IMG_4745.PNG
    286.6 KB · Views: 114

elleny76

Reaction score
I clicked "Travel", but unfortunately this did not bring up a "Resort Deals" option
Ok.. I opened my II and clicked on "exchange tab" scroll down and has an option for shortstay exchange..would that be the one you are looking for?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok.. I opened my II and clicked on "exchange tab" scroll down and has an option for shortstay exchange..would that be the one you are looking for?
Thank you.
This certainly takes me to a shortstay exchange option I can use with my home weeks.
I believe that is something rather different though to the condodirect "cash" option suggested in this thread?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

That's odd. Both of my II accounts, individual and DC-corporate, bring up this list when I hover over or click the blue "Travel" button:

Air Travel
Resort Deals
Hotels
Car Rentals
Cruises
Vacation Activities
Trip Protection

Any chance that your II account is non-US based which may account for the differences?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Resort Deals is condos direct.
But it doesn't seem to work for me right now.

There could be a glitch in bazzap's account. Maybe contact the II Tug contact and see if he can offer an explanation and/or have someone check his account.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

This is also odd. I tried a search for 3 nights on Hilton Head beginning 2/7/18 (knowing that's low-demand so should have availability) and got four pages of options, 75+ hits, including hotels and timeshares both on the island and in other areas of SC. I backed out of the process just after putting something in the shopping cart but didn't see anything that made me think it's not working.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
When I click search now nothing happens. I refreshed, then logged out and back into II and still nothing. I was looking for 3 nights in Nov Orlando but I tried other things too and it doesn't even seem to acknowledge my "search now" click.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score

There could be a glitch in bazzap's account. Maybe contact the II Tug contact and see if he can offer an explanation and/or have someone check his account.
Thanks tschwa2
I did contact II via their website only for them to later reply that they had forwarded my enquiry to their London offices for a response!
I should have sent it straight to the II Tug contact - good idea, I will do that.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
When I click search now nothing happens. I refreshed, then logged out and back into II and still nothing. I was looking for 3 nights in Nov Orlando but I tried other things too and it doesn't even seem to acknowledge my "search now" click.
I am having the same issue.

elleny76

Reaction score
That's odd. Both of my II accounts, individual and DC-corporate, bring up this list when I hover over or click the blue "Travel" button:

Air Travel
Resort Deals
Hotels
Car Rentals
Cruises
Vacation Activities
Trip Protection

Any chance that your II account is non-US based which may account for the differences?
SueDon, I just clicked on travel and I have the same list available including the "resort deals"

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark