• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II bonus resort accommodation certificate now availabe

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Just notice the icon on one of my winter Florida weeks on II. Too bad I deposited another one last week so I missed out on this.

This is what the offer states...

"Take an extra week's vacation, affordably! If your check-in date is between Janurary 04, 2018 and April 25, 2018, just deposit this week to be eligible for a bonus Resort Accommodations Certificate.
If you confirm your exchange now, to remain eligible for this bonus certificate you must choose either a Vacation Exchange or a ShortStay Exchange. Deposits associated with Cruise Exchanges do not receive a bonus certificate.
If you place a request, you must place a Deposit First request in order to remain eligible for a bonus certificate.

Don't wait ... you only have until June 25, 2017 to get your extra week. Deposit now!

For additional terms and conditions, including certificate redemption fees, please visit the Deals Page."

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Remember that these "bonus accommodations" typically are limited to shoulder seasons and studio units. It's not always the case, but the majority of these too good to be true offers are, in fact, just that.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I have a similar offer on my Donatello week and my Quarter House week. I can usually find a week that is of some value to me so I think that I am going to deposit my QH week. I was going to deposit it anyway - it will be nice to have another option.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have a similar offer on my Donatello week and my Quarter House week. I can usually find a week that is of some value to me so I think that I am going to deposit my QH week. I was going to deposit it anyway - it will be nice to have another option.
If you deposit it, can you let me know if you can do an on going search with this accommodation certificate.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you deposit it, can you let me know if you can do an on going search with this accommodation certificate.
Will do but I am going to wait a bit to deposit since it is valid from the deposit date +365. I'll probably deposit in the next few weeks.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I got the offer also for my Trapp Lodge mud season week - I wait for this offer every year. You can put in an ongoing search with it - this is from the Deals page: "Resort Accommodation Certificates are redeemable from 365 days to just 24 hours before you want to travel. Travel must be completed by the expiration date. Anticipated availabilities of accommodations and travel periods will be listed on your certificate. If your travel is requested more than 59 days in advance, a pending request can be placed if your desired destination is not initially available. A redemption fee applies, based on unit size, and the currency will be the same as the primary currency used for your other Interval transactions. US dollar $229 US - $429 US."

I'll most likely be making the deposit next week and can post what the grid is at that time. I nearly always use these ACs, and they're definitely not limited to studio units.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got the offer also for my Trapp Lodge mud season week - I wait for this offer every year. You can put in an ongoing search with it - this is from the Deals page: "Resort Accommodation Certificates are redeemable from 365 days to just 24 hours before you want to travel. Travel must be completed by the expiration date. Anticipated availabilities of accommodations and travel periods will be listed on your certificate. If your travel is requested more than 59 days in advance, a pending request can be placed if your desired destination is not initially available. A redemption fee applies, based on unit size, and the currency will be the same as the primary currency used for your other Interval transactions. US dollar $229 US - $429 US."

I'll most likely be making the deposit next week and can post what the grid is at that time. I nearly always use these ACs, and they're definitely not limited to studio units.

Do you know if the size of the underlying week extends to the AC? I will be depositing a 2 bedroom - so will I see more two bedrooms with the cert? Also, I was thinking of taking the short stay option since my husband's new job gives him a lot less vacation time. I am wondering if I will see some two bedrooms if they are available? (I know that availability is limited, but we're specifically considering Palm Desert for weekends. I see that frequently enough that I am willing to consider that option). Any first hand info would be appreciated.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you know if the size of the underlying week extends to the AC? I will be depositing a 2 bedroom - so will I see more two bedrooms with the cert? Also, I was thinking of taking the short stay option since my husband's new job gives him a lot less vacation time. I am wondering if I will see some two bedrooms if they are available? (I know that availability is limited, but we're specifically considering Palm Desert for weekends. I see that frequently enough that I am willing to consider that option). Any first hand info would be appreciated.

Yes, if you deposit a 2BR then the AC also is a 2BR (with whatever private sleeping capacity it has). That means that you can see 2BRs, but how many there will be for where/when you want to go is anyone's guess. Of the 5 ACs I've received for a 2BR deposit, I traded into 2BR units four times, and once into a 1BR.

As far as Short Stays - I don't have the kind of membership any more to see them (Gold or Platinum) and only used them twice a long time ago. Someone else with more recent experience may weigh in.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You can always check short stay availability without a deposit and even without a gold/platinum membership. If you actually clicked to book you would need to deposit and would have to pay for the upgraded membership. Shortstays can not be used with an AC. Shortstays have very limited inventory. I don't check Palm Desert so I have no clue on the typical size offered. AC's are even more limited than short stays. You will be able to book a 2 br unit but primarily at 3rd tier or lower resorts during the off season at locations with a lot of off season inventory and it would have to be a lot of off season 2 br inventory in order to see with the AC.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can always check short stay availability without a deposit and even without a gold/platinum membership. If you actually clicked to book you would need to deposit and would have to pay for the upgraded membership. Shortstays can not be used with an AC. Shortstays have very limited inventory. I don't check Palm Desert so I have no clue on the typical size offered. AC's are even more limited than short stays. You will be able to book a 2 br unit but primarily at 3rd tier or lower resorts during the off season at locations with a lot of off season inventory and it would have to be a lot of off season 2 br inventory in order to see with the AC.
The T&C for this AC indicates that I can choose a week or use the short-stay option. So I assume that means I could choose two short stays instead of a full week using the certificate? We're really having a difficult time using full weeks at this point, but my husband gets every other Friday off, so I am thinking that a better strategy would be to use the short stays instead.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The T&C for this AC indicates that I can choose a week or use the short-stay option. So I assume that means I could choose two short stays instead of a full week using the certificate? We're really having a difficult time using full weeks at this point, but my husband gets every other Friday off, so I am thinking that a better strategy would be to use the short stays instead.

That's interesting - I've never had an AC that can use the Short Stays. As tschwa2 said that inventory is likely rather limited. When we use ACs we often don't stay the whole week anyway - the cost is still pretty minimal.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's interesting - I've never had an AC that can use the Short Stays. As tschwa2 said that inventory is likely rather limited. When we use ACs we often don't stay the whole week anyway - the cost is still pretty minimal.

I think that I read it wrong - I think that I use the original deposit for a short stay and then receive an AC. I read it last last night so I was tired, but I also think that the wording is a bit confusing. Here's the verbiage (note - misspellings are not mine, lol). Sorry to confuse the issue in this thread but I'm glad that you pointed me in the right direction.

Take an extra week's vacation, affordably! If your check-in date is between Janurary 04, 2018 and April 25, 2018, just deposit this week to be eligible for a bonus Resort Accommodations Certificate.
If you confirm your exchange now, to remain eligible for this bonus certificate you must choose either a Vacation Exchange or a ShortStay Exchange. Deposits associated with Cruise Exchanges do not receive a bonus certificate.
If you place a request, you must place a Deposit First request in order to remain eligible for a bonus certificate.
Don't wait ... you only have until June 25, 2017 to get your extra week. Deposit now!
For additional terms and conditions, including certificate redemption fees, please visit the Deals Page.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Katherine, That is my interpretation as well. You need to deposit the week. Once it is deposited you can use it for an exchange or a shortstay exchange. The bonus cert is not going to allow a short stay. You pay the entire redemption fee and get one bonus week that you can use all of or part of but do not get get any reduction in the fee for using a part week.

When I click through to book the fees are:
$249 for studio
$299 for 1 BR
$329 for a 2BR
$399 for a 3BR
Some locations had additional taxes on the redemption fee, others did not.

Here are the T&C's:
All confirmations are made on a space available basis and no guarantee is made that any specific request can be confirmed. The redemption of the Accommodation Certificate is subject to certain terms and conditions. A redemption fee will be required.

This Certificate cannot be combined nor used in conjunction with any other certificate or fee waiver certificate.

All other terms and conditions of individual membership, exchange and flex change must be adhered to.

This certificate must be completed prior to the expiration date APRIL 16, 2018.

This certificate may not be used to travel to your Home Resort.

Certificate may not be used for the following AREAS.Mexico, Puerto Vallarta From:18DEC To:31DEC,Mexico, Acapulco From:18DEC To:31DEC,Spain, Balearic Islands From:25DEC To:31DEC,Spain, Canaries, Tenerife From:18DEC To:31DEC,Austria, Alps From:18DEC To:31DEC,Israel, Central and Northern From:18DEC To:31DEC,Norway From:25DEC To:31DEC,England, London,Vermont From:18DEC To:31DEC,New Hampshire Central From:18DEC To:31DEC,Massachusetts, Berkshires From:25DEC To:31DEC,New Hampshire, Lakes Winnipesaukee & Win From:25DEC To:31DEC,Maine, Western From:18DEC To:31DEC,Rhode Island, Newport & Block Island From:18DEC To:31DEC,Massachusetts, Boston,Ontario, Muskoka From:25DEC To:31DEC,Ontario, Calabogie From:18DEC To:31DEC,Ontario, Shanty Bay From:18DEC To:31DEC,Pennsylvania, Poconos From:25DEC To:31DEC,South Carolina, Murrells Inlet Area From:25DEC To:31DEC,South Carolina, Myrtle Beach Area From:25DEC To:31DEC,South Carolina, Hilton Head From:25DEC To:31DEC,North Carolina, Atlantic Beach From:18DEC To:31DEC,Virginia, Shenandoah From:25DEC To:31DEC,Tennessee, Gatlinburg From:18DEC To:31DEC,Louisiana, New Orleans From:18DEC To:31DEC,Florida, Daytona Beach Area From:25DEC To:31DEC,Florida, Vero/Treasure Coast,Florida, The Palm Beaches,Florida, Miami,Florida, Miami Beach,Florida, Fort Lauderdale Coast,Florida, Fort Lauderdale, Western,Florida, Central,Florida, Upper Keys,Florida, Lower Keys,Florida, Key West,Florida, Naples & Marco Island,Florida, Punta Gorda,Florida, Fort Myers,Florida, Sarasota Area & Englewood,Florida, Tampa Bay,Florida, Panhandle From:25DEC To:31DEC,Arizona, Phoenix Area From:18DEC To:31DEC,Arizona, Sedona From:18DEC To:31DEC,Arizona, Rim Country From:18DEC To:31DEC,Indiana From:25DEC To:31DEC,Wisconsin, Northern From:18DEC To:31DEC,Wisconsin, Door County From:18DEC To:31DEC,Colorado, Aspen,Utah, Park City and Snowbird From:18DEC To:31DEC,Montana, Fairmont From:18DEC To:31DEC,Nevada, Las Vegas,California and Nevada, Lake Tahoe From:18DEC To:31DEC,Nevada, Mesquite From:25DEC To:31DEC,California, Southern Coast,California, Anaheim,California, Palm Springs & Palm Desert From:25DEC To:31DEC,California, San Diego Area,California, Clear Lake,California, Northern National Forests,California, San Francisco,California, Napa Valley,California, Monterey Area,Israel, Eilat From:25DEC To:31DEC,Lebanon, Beirut From:18DEC To:31DEC,Hawaii, Oahu,Hawaii, Maui,Hawaii, Kauai,Hawaii, Molokai,Hawaii, Big Island,Thailand, Bangkok,Thailand, Phuket,New Zealand, Turangi From:18DEC To:31DEC,Mexico, Nuevo Vallarta & Riviera Nayarit From:18DEC To:31DEC,Bahamas, Freeport From:25DEC To:31DEC,Bahamas, Eleuthera,U.S. Virgin Islands, St. John,St. Lucia,Barbados,St. Kitts and Nevis,Guatemala From:18DEC To:31DEC,Venezuela, Central Coast From:25DEC To:31DEC,Ecuador From:18DEC To:31DEC,

Certificate may not be used for the following RESORTS.Bluebeard's Castle - Pirate's Pension,Bluebeard's Castle Resort-Villas I,Bluebeard's Castle Resort-Hilltop Villas,Bluebeard's Castle Resort-Villas III,Bluebeard's Beach Club,Franz Klammer Lodge,Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara,Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos,Hyatt Mountain Lodge,Hyatt Coconut Plantation,Hyatt Grand Aspen,Highlands Inn,Hyatt Main Street Station,Northstar Lodge, Hyatt Residence Club,Marriott's Harbour Point at Shelter Cove,Hyatt Pinon Pointe,Harborside at Atlantis,Residences at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek,Hyatt High Sierra Lodge,Hyatt High Sierra Lodge,Hyatt Sunset Harbor Resort,Hyatt Windward Pointe,Harbour Town Yacht Club,Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City,Hyatt Pinon Pointe,Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch,Hyatt Beach House Resort,Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch,Lakeside Terrace,Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club,Marriott's Barony Beach Club,Streamside at Vail- Cedar,Marriott's Cypress Harbour,Marriott's Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge,Marriott's Grand Chateau,Marriott's Streamside at Vail - Douglas,Marriott's Club Son Antem,Streamside at Vail- Aspen,Marriott's Streamside at Vail -Evergreen,Marriott's Frenchman's Cove,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse D.C.,Marriott's Fairway Villas,Marriott's Grand Residence,Tahoe,Marriott's Grand Chateau,Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve,Marriott's Grande Ocean Resort,Marriott Vacation Club, Surfers Paradise,Marriott's Grande Vista Resort From:01JAN To:20APR,Marriott's Grande Vista Resort From:15MAY To:31DEC,Marriott's Grande Vista Resort,Marriott Grand Residence Club Lake Tahoe,Marriott's Grand Residence, Tahoe,Marriott's Grand Residence, Tahoe,Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge,Marriott's Heritage Club,Marriott's Harbour Club at Harbour Town,Marriott's Harbour Lake,Marriott's Imperial Palms Villas,Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay Point,Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort,Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony,Marriott's Timber Lodge,Marriott's Monarch at Sea Pines,Night Heron Loft,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse NYC,Marriott's MountainSide,Marriott's OceanWatch Villas@Grand Dunes,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse Miami,Marriott's Royal Palms Resort,Spicebush Resort,Marriott's Manor Club Sequel,Marriott's SurfWatch,Marriott's Sunset Pointe @ Shelter Cove,Marriott's Sabal Palms Resort,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse San Diego,Swallowtail at Sea Pines,Marriott's Aruba Surf Club,Marriott's Summit Watch,Marriott's Playa Andaluza,Marriott's Streamside at Vail - Birch,Marriott's Village d'Ile de France,Marriott's MtnValley Lodge @Breckenridge,Hotel Breckenridge,Marriott's Harbour Lake,Old Bahama Bay Resort and Yacht Harbour,Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale,Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale,Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas,Sheraton Broadway Plantation From:31JAN To:01NOV,Sheraton Vistana Villages,Hyatt Zilara Cancun,Sheraton Vistana Resort,Sheraton Vistana Resort,Sheraton Mountain Vista From:01DEC To:31DEC,Sheraton Mountain Vista From:01JAN To:30SEP,Sirena del Mar by Welk Resorts,Westin Kierland Villas,Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort,Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas,

Certificate may not be used for the following RESORTS.Zuana Beach Resort,

This certificate has no cash value.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Bummer, I have no offer on my Quarter House week, no incentive for me to deposit...

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bummer, I have no offer on my Quarter House week, no incentive for me to deposit...
What week do you own? Maybe yours will come up in the next round. Mine is week 8, so right in the middle of the time frame for deposits.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
What week do you own? Maybe yours will come up in the next round. Mine is week 8, so right in the middle of the time frame for deposits.
Mine is week 3

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have always found these are the best ACs to get and we have always managed to use them.

The Freebie ACs and the buy a getaway get an AC are definitely more restrictive, but you have the option to use for last minute travel they can be incredible!