• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fairmont Mountainside Vacation Villas & Sunchaser Vacation Villas

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Fairmount Mountainside is not involved. The Sunchaser ones are: Hillside, Riverside and Riverview.

I've been to Riverside and Mountainside and would stick with Mountainside. I was at Riverside when the whole lawsuit thing started and would not return until it is settled and they finish the construction they started. Mountainside is across the highway and is a well run, independent timeshare.
If you are looking for off season (i.e. when the animal watching is best) you can frequently get this via an AC, Choose 2 etc.

Sue

Bill4728

Reaction score
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation Villas
Sunchaser Vacation Villas
Sunchaser Vacation Villas at Riverside

Will there be potential problems if I exchange my week to a week in one of the above resorts?

Thank you for your advice!
To buy one of these, you should be careful BUT to exchange in should not be a concern

Bill

exco

Reaction score
For the Sunchaser Vacation Villas, does Hillside have higher quality units than Riverside?

Also, which airport do you fly to in order to drive in to the resort at FAIRMONT HOT SPRINGS, BC? Both Spokane, WA and Calgary, AB are three plus hour drives to get to the resort. Is there anything closer ?

Thank you for your help!

nomadio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cranbrook BC is closest but flight availability is likely not great

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mmchili

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would consider staying in a renovated unit at Riverside or a unit at Riverview. Riverside has several buildings that have been renovated, I believer that buildings one and two have not been renovated. I am not aware of any of the units being renovated at Hillside. Riverview, the newest building, and the nicest in my opinion, however further away from Riverside where the check-in office and amenity building are located, would be my pick. We stayed in Riverview in October, 2016 and we stayed in building 800 (renovated building) at Riverside in March, 2015.

mmchili

TUG Member
Reaction score
From Cranbrook to Fairmont Hot Springs, it is 107km and takes 1 hour and 10 minutes to travel by vehicle, according to google maps.

qb_bc

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a great drive from Calgary to Fairmont, and a nice drive from Spokane to Fairmont.

After you check the prices and schedule to fly to Cranbrook, you may want to consider either Spokane or Calgary to fly into. There is only one major airline that serves Cranbrook and you would need to connect in Vancouver or Calgary. The connecting time and drive from Cranbrook to Fairmont would make the drive from Calgary or Spokane the quickest option. Air fares and car rentals would also be cheaper to/at Spokane or Calgary