• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SURVEY: Vidanta - NV - quality of resort (forget for a moment about sales tactics/fees etc).

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
Forgetting about their sales tactics and their fees for a moment, I have bought a GL loft at Neuvo Vallarta in Nov 2015, when I stayed at the GL 2 bedroom unit.

I was quite impressed with the resort.

How does this resort compare to others in PV and NV?

I am looking forward to the Cirque du Soleil theme park - anyone know of the opening date?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
The quality of the resort is awesome! The staff members are friendly and helpful. The amenities are wonderful and the units are kept up.

We have owned Mayan World (my term) resorts (Sea Garden, Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan & now Grand Luxxe) since 1999. We have had as many as 6 weeks at a time and sometimes used them all sharing with family and friends. Everyone loves going to any of the Mayan World resorts.

They do have Cirque in the Riviera Maya - not the theme park, but a theater. I am not the least bit interested in the theme park, but love the Nuevo property - you can do as much or as little as you want when there - all in luxury.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have written a few times about how I thought the 3BR spa unit at Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta is, by far, the nicest suite we have ever stayed in. (If it had a full kitchen, I could happily live there full time.) The suite and the service at Grand Luxxe were nothing short of spectacular. We own units at some of the high end Westin, Marriott, and Hilton resorts, and some very nice independents, but that Grand Luxxe suite blew us away! We really didn't want to leave after two weeks in that suite. The only problem for us was the location in Nuevo Vallarta - it's a bit too far from Puerto Vallarta for us. If I just wanted to chill out at a resort, though, it would be perfect.

taffy19

Reaction score
It is a beautiful resort and certainly the condos in the newer buildings and the grounds (landscaping) are lovely too. I also agree that Nuevo Vallarta is a little far from the old city but the beaches here are so much nicer. It all depends what a person likes most. If you like dining in many different restaurants, then PV is a better location.

Leylanie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood Vistana Signature Experiences, Orlando, Florida & Atlantis, Paradise Island, and Vidante, Riviera Maya
Just returned yesterday from Vidanta property in Riviera Maya. We owned and enjoyed Mayan Palace and Grand Mayan since 2007 and just upgraded to the GL Loft. The property in RM is spectacular. The brand new GL Beach club is the nicest pool and beach club I have ever seen. Employees in the resort are friendly and couteous. The food is delicious, the grounds are impeccable, the pools and beach clubs are amazing. The resort offers free property tours (not related to sales), boardwalk tours on the wooden walkways which encompass the resort and botanical tours. They have both crocodile & flamingo enclosures. We saw a show at Cirque du Soleil which is right on the property and it was terrific. We love it.

Attachments

• IMG_8443.jpg
    IMG_8443.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 56

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Dear Seema ,
Re - NV Cirque theme park . The opening is scheduled for late 2018 .

IMO - the theme park will open in stages .IMO - this is likely partly for build reasons and partly operational .( ie to have everyone trained and ready on Friday xx in month xx could be complicated )

When visiting in February , I looked at the park brochure ( more than once )
<the big brochure - that is with the " hostess" staff who sign you up for a TS presentation >

I do not recall the names of the various parts of the park , but " water park " and jungle / zip line adventures - would be my names for 2 of them . Evening adventures was a 3rd zone in the park .
I think there is a total of 6'.

The water park part of it will likely open first - IMO

< note : all of this is conjecture on my part / I have no inside information , basically I am just making an educated guess >

My reasoning is :
1) Vidanta's experience with lazy rivers and large pools and how to run them.
2) The universality of " lets go to the water park "

I think the entire Cirque Theme Park will be well done , and reflect the quality level of Vidanta's resorts from Sea Garden to Grand Luxe as well as the uniqueness of Cirque du Soleil.

The Kingdom of the Sun and Cascades buildings that will be inside the park will,add uniqueness for visitors who stay in those units .

Having it a 3-5 hour drive from the 5 million + population of metro Guadalajara should make it busy year round.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
RE: Vidanta quality .
The hotel side staff of Vidanta is as good at their jobs as the TS sales side staff is at selling .
It is just a lot more enjoyable as a visitor on vacation !!!

I will comment on their Sea Garden brand having stayed at the SG Nuevo,location twice . ( 2016 & 2017 )

Full Daily maid service and towel service ( I have seen the bathroom floor being scrubbed ) AND
nighttime turn down / chocolate kiss service and towels etc.

( comparison - iWyndham recently cancelled the midweek/ Weds touch up,cleaning for everyone below
VIP gold - I saw in a thread on TUG in January 2017 )

ALL staff work hard to satisfy the clientele and it shows in the Trip Advisor etc comments
maintenance is ongoing and the resort is kept,in top shape

IMO - all of this reflects a corporate culture that wants to offer the best ( Timeshare ) resort
experience ( in the world ) .
When your " lowest " brand reflects this - it speaks to me about the company goals regarding quality .

We are happy owning the " little house ( Mayan Palace ) on a quality block " . I am very glad ( IMO )that Vidanta's goals are to,- " be the best " at all levels .

I believe this focus will continue for the foreseeable future .
Vidanta is still privately held , with internationally educated 2nd generation family members in key roles . The March 2016 business award ( Tourism entrepreneur of the Year ) given to Vidanta's founder by Mexican president Nieto hints of the importance of Vidanta to employment in the Mexican resort / vacation economic sector . Vidanta's rank in " Best places to work in Mexico " is proudly placed on their corporate busses that are used to help employees get to and from work . ( In the NV - PV area alone Vidanta has about 20 busses that make multiple runs each day so that the resorts are fully staffed at all hours .

Bean- counters are not running the company / unlike some USA based TS companies .

Last edited:

dmurray007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suitelife Vacations Club
Shell Vacations Club (American)
Viida Vacations Club (Grand Luxxe)
The hotel side staff of Vidanta is as good at their jobs as the TS sales side staff is at selling .

I will comment on their Sea Garden brand having stayed at the SG Nuevo,location twice . ( 2016 & 2017 )

Full Daily maid service and towel service ( I have seen the bathroom floor being scrubbed ) AND

( comparison - iWyndham recently cancelled the midweek/ Weds touch up,cleaning for everyone below

ALL staff work hard to satisfy the clientele and it shows in the Trip Advisor etc comments

IMO - all of this reflects a corporate culture that wants to offer the best ( Timeshare ) resort
When your " lowest " brand reflects this - it speaks to me about the company goals regarding quality .

We are happy owning the " little house ( Mayan Palace ) on a quality block " . I am very glad ( IMO )that Vidanta's goals are to,- " be the best " at all levels .

Vidanta is still privately held , with internationally educated 2nd generation family members in key roles . The March 2016 business award ( Tourism entrepreneur of the Year ) given to Vidanta's founder by Mexican president Nieto hints of the importance of Vidanta to employment in the Mexican resort / vacation economic sector . Vidanta's rank in " Best places to work in Mexico " is proudly placed on their corporate busses that are used to help employees get to and from work . ( In the NV - PV area alone Vidanta has about 20 busses that make multiple runs each day so that the resorts are fully staffed at all hours .

Bean- counters are not running the company / unlike some USA based TS companies .

calberry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge, Lake Tahoe (2 weeks)
Marriott Ko Olina, Oahu, Hi. EOY
UVC, Villa del Arco, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.EOY
We were there last week for the very first time (a trade into a 1BR at the Grand Mayan). I am going to write a complete overview of our experiences later (still in PV at a different resort this week, so don't want to pend valuable vacation time on the internet) but suffice it to say that we had a marvelous time, and am now trying to figure how how we can trade in for a two week trip ASAP...and at some point we would LOVE to bring the grand kids!

Steve

rpennisi

Reaction score

T-Dot, I am always impressed by your analysis. I know you (as well as I) own Mayan Palaces. I also love the Sea Garden's closeness to restaurants, buses, etc.
I usually deposit my two Mayan Palaces (1 bedroom and 2 bedroom suites) into RCI and for a fee trade int GM GB and Grand Luxxe through II.
Have you ever tried switching it up?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Yes - I am starting to do that . So far only to get a 2 bedroom in 2018 at MP PV - Marina (using a different ownership deposited into RCI )
My wife prefers smaller & closer to the pool .

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I use Wyndham deposits to trade into GL through SFX. I also own MP but SFX does not allow trades within Vidanta.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I use Wyndham deposits to trade into GL through SFX. I also own MP but SFX does not allow trades within Vidanta.

I learned the hard way a long time ago that I could not bank a MP week and then use it at another MP resort a year or so later to add an extra unit to a family vacation where I needed 3 or 4 units. :(

That is why I only use Pueblo Bonito for exchanges with SFX - it is less expensive even with the exchange fees than paying MF at GL to get a GB or GL unit. When I use the exchange route, we do not use our GL weeks, but at least it has the no pay unless you go and we get into the GB for less than $900 per week for a 2-bedroom. GL MF are really high, so if I can get a GL exchange, it is a bargain.

We have pretty much settled into owning where we want to go. I will probably sell the PBEB for the cost of transfer fees soon because we have plenty of weeks for the number of vacations we take now.

Cheryl17

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

I learned the hard way a long time ago that I could not bank a MP week and then use it at another MP resort a year or so later to add an extra unit to a family vacation where I needed 3 or 4 units.

Earlier today before reading this thread I called SFX and was told I could exchange MP for MP but not for a different level (GM, etc.).

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
That is good news.

I was doing MP to MP at the time. I was trying to book 3 units at the same resort for one week and then 2 for the following week. I thought that if I deposited 3 weeks one year, I could then use them the following year and use my MP weeks for the year we were going through MP. I was able to work it out using my MP weeks and RCI for exchanges for other timeshare weeks we had a the time. But then I had to use my SFX other places. They did finally let me use a week in the off season at Puerto Penasco after I called in numerous times.