• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Not April's fools to a person

Prosecutions do occur.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/timeshare-news-and-scams

Please. How does this demonstrate that a Wyndham member has gone to jail for some inappropriate action regarding their account?

Someone can only go to "jail" for a criminal offense. Not for violating the terms of a membership agreement. That would be a violation of their contract - which is a civil matter.

It never occurred to me that Sean Spicer might be a timeshare owner until I read your posts.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Not April's fools to a person

Prosecutions do occur.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/timeshare-news-and-scams

First, there is nothing about jail time in there. Second, it's the government suing a timeshare reseller. Not a company suing an individual person. The government agency has deeper pockets and doesn't care so much about how much it cost to prosecute. I highly doubt any one mega renter made millions off points that are NOT theirs. Megarenters generally own millions of points so they would have to have gotten many millions more, to make millions of dollars off points that are not theirs, and not points they own. Just because a two million point owner got eight million extra points doesn't mean they made a million dollars. Maybe Ronpraise will correct me if I'm wrong, but I have not seen any mega renter making millions of dollars on renting Just Wyndham reservations. The article also does not talk about a timeshare owner being prosecuted. The plaintiff would have to prove that the owner knowingly abused the system before they can get a judgment in their favor. That would be difficult to prove unless the defendant literally told someone that they were using the glitch to make money. Again, not buying the jail time or even being fined. Either way, the article is comparing apples to oranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
... "

One thing of passing interest, the representative indicated that they had been forwarding potential problem accounts up line and that last fall they did a update to staff letting them know of the results of there efforts.

At least one of the Representatives confirmed they new of one mega renter. A couple of them discuss matters relating to this site/changes taking place relating to actions of this person. Do not be reluctant to discuss areas of concern with the more helpful staff members. One of the comments relating to mega renters was quite interesting, this person indicated when they call in they tend not to give much information on what they did. I thought that was funny

Update: I can confirm that, indeed, the following poster's sphere of influence within Wyndham is wide. It include some sales staff at resorts. At one Resort, they thought I was him.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
At least one of the Representatives confirmed they new of one mega renter. A couple of them discuss matters relating to this site/changes taking place relating to actions of this person. Do not be reluctant to discuss areas of concern with the more helpful staff members. One of the comments relating to mega renters was quite interesting, this person indicated when they call in they tend not to give much information on what they did. I thought that was funny

Im sure lots of the representatives know of one megarenter.... I would bet that most of them know of more than one. and yes many of them follow TUG and I have been told by more than one that they follow my comments in particular.

Having said that, we suspendees dont give the the people you talk to any information because we cant talk to the people you talk to... Read AM1's and WJappraise's comments (and mine) We have been given a special phone number and a special email address to communicate with wyndham during the period of our suspension.. and all they do is to take messages to our "case managers" Speaking only for myself, all I am allowed to say regarding the resolution of my suspension is "the parties have satisfactorily resolved our differences" Thats all I can say to you, thats all I can say to my wife, and thats all I can say to Wyndham employees I speak to

ive told you before that there are only a very small number of wyndham employees that know the whole story. And I can guarantee that no one you speak to is among that number

By all means, ask your questions, but know that the answers you get will not be complete

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates

Update: I can confirm that, indeed, the following poster's sphere of influence within Wyndham is wide. It include some sales staff at resorts. At one Resort, they thought I was him.

wow you know know a lot. We should change your name to Deep Throat and you should write a book. Amazing all that you know...

I just sit in awe and wonder at the BS you spin without any facts on a thread that is about a website that has yet to be released.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
And here I thought a legitimate conversion was going on, wrong assumption.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im sure lots of the representatives know of one megarenter.... I would bet that most of them know of more than one. and yes many of them follow TUG and I have been told by more than one that they follow my comments in particular.

Having said that, we suspendees dont give the the people you talk to any information because we cant talk to the people you talk to... Read AM1's and WJappraise's comments (and mine) We have been given a special phone number and a special email address to communicate with wyndham during the period of our suspension.. and all they do is to take messages to our "case managers" Speaking only for myself, all I am allowed to say regarding the resolution of my suspension is "the parties have satisfactorily resolved our differences" Thats all I can say to you, thats all I can say to my wife, and thats all I can say to Wyndham employees I speak to

ive told you before that there are only a very small number of wyndham employees that know the whole story. And I can guarantee that no one you speak to is among that number

By all means, ask your questions, but know that the answers you get will not be complete

When I check this morning, my account name has been changed again, it went back a different LLC name that is the one that I appear to be in a tug of war with hopefully I will not lose the tug of war by the time the site roles out.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your problem but it sounds like something I was involved in a year or so ago. I was getting mf bills for an LLC that I had no connection with. And I couldn't get the folks in finance to understand the account wasn't mine. So good luck with what you call a tug of war.

Having said that I can't understand what your problem has to do with the preview site, much less the post of mine you quoted. Or is the LLC you are mixed up with one of mine?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your problem but it sounds like something I was involved in a year or so ago. I was getting mf bills for an LLC that I had no connection with. And I couldn't get the folks in finance to understand the account wasn't mine. So good luck with what you call a tug of war.

Having said that I can't understand what your problem has to do with the preview site, much less the post of mine you quoted. Or is the LLC you are mixed up with one of mine?

As it relates to the pre-view site, their position is problems rest with title (referring to how title et. al. handle what is title to whom) and the fixes have to come from them. I do believe (rightly or wrongly) that the what I am going through is a result of the suspended account issues and the related groups within Wyndham and outside of Wyndham.

By the way, the company you indicated in a post that you thought was me is not. It was not free advertising on my part and I deleted the post. If you still think it was free advertising, you may want to delete your response which quoted me with the link.

It is still interesting that the way the account gets re-titling to is also a name that is used on TUG and shows up on the Internet as a company.

Last edited:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Wow! Hmmm...

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the best Wyndham definition of the Voyager Agent Desktop that I have seen:

"T h e Project Voyager Agent Desktop is so much more than new reservation software. It will touch many owner-facing divisions across the company, including Owner Care, Reservations and Resort Management. But, Financial Services, Corporate Direct Sales, Inventory Management and others will use it too. When fully integrated, over 2,000 associates will use the Agent Desktop in some form."

A Quote from days gone by: "Voyager required a redesign of Wyndham’s entire booking and reservation system. Part of an integrated content management system with web experience management (WEM), Crown delivered a better customer experience to Wyndham via the Interwoven TeamSite/LiveSite platform. Inefficiencies in the legacy system such as inaccurate booked and vacant rooms directly affected top line revenue, leading to higher call center costs and the weakening the customer experience. As a proven ebusiness solution provider, Crown’s leadership, project management, and implementation experience. All of this, coupled with an industry leading WEM platform, Interwoven, helped Voyager reached its final destination.

Hopefully, Wyndham and/or it's contractor for Voyager get enough feedback in the test phase to make significant improvements to Voyager the next generation."

Last edited:

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Here is the best Wyndham definition of the Voyager Agent Desktop that I have seen:

"T h e Project Voyager Agent Desktop is so much more than new reservation software. It will touch many owner-facing divisions across the company, including Owner Care, Reservations and Resort Management. But, Financial Services, Corporate Direct Sales, Inventory Management and others will use it too. When fully integrated, over 2,000 associates will use the Agent Desktop in some form."
Do you just find random threads to post random thoughts on or is there a reason you are sharing?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

A Quote from days gone by: "Voyager required a redesign of Wyndham’s entire booking and reservation system. Part of an integrated content management system with web experience management (WEM), Crown delivered a better customer experience to Wyndham via the Interwoven TeamSite/LiveSite platform. Inefficiencies in the legacy system such as inaccurate booked and vacant rooms directly affected top line revenue, leading to higher call center costs and the weakening the customer experience. As a proven ebusiness solution provider, Crown’s leadership, project management, and implementation experience. All of this, coupled with an industry leading WEM platform, Interwoven, helped Voyager reached its final destination.

Hopefully, Wyndham and/or it's contractor for Voyager get enough feedback in the test phase to make significant improvements to Voyager the next generation."

I'm not questioning you, but I'm curious as to where you saw that. Is it on their website or a news release?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not questioning you, but I'm curious as to where you saw that. Is it on their website or a news release?

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score

For the quote you mentioned try the following link.

http://www.nxtbook.com/fx/save/flus...e/wyndham_connections_201301.pdf&size=2891499

pages 12 and 13.

The following pertains to sourcing of the the other quote. I could not get the line to work right using copy paste. This is from a Crown Partner's web site.

Wyndham Vacation Ownership, the World's Largest Vacation Ownership Company, Seeks to Improve Customer Experience with Crown
If this is starting to sound like a timeshare pitch, contact us immediately. We all need customers, and delivering a positive experience to our clients requires equal parts creativity and skill, much like it takes to deliver a stunning timeshare presentation to an audience just looking for the cookies.
The Chosen One
Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO), a member of Wyndham Worldwide, sought to improve customer experience through a complete overhaul of its reservation and booking system, code name Voyager, which included the implementation of an advanced web content management system on Interwoven. WVO chose Crown to lead the web program because of its significant experience in enterprise Web Experience Management migrations, upgrades, and integrations.

Voyager - Defined as a Journey, Travel or Passage
Voyager required a redesign of Wyndham’s entire booking and reservation system. Part of an integrated content management system with web experience management (WEM), Crown delivered a better customer experience to Wyndham via the Interwoven TeamSite/LiveSite platform. Inefficiencies in the legacy system such as inaccurate booked and vacant rooms directly affected top line revenue, leading to higher call center costs and the weakening the customer experience. As a proven ebusiness solution provider, Crown’s leadership, project management, and implementation experience. All of this, coupled with an industry leading WEM platform, Interwoven, helped Voyager reached its final destination.
Moving the Experience to Mobile
Crown is expanding its eBusiness footprint across WVO into the mobile space and is currently working to deliver a better sales experience via the iPad. The mobile application created, streamlines the timeshare process for sales agents. It allows for proposals to be easily created and shared with the client while onsite at timeshare locations. Now, if only Crown could reduce the length of time it took to sit through a timeshare sales presentation.

I am working on the premise that Thank-You cards from people who have/are experiencing problems with the booking/reservation system since the roll-out of this portion of Voyager can send them to Crown Partners.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you just find random threads to post random thoughts on or is there a reason you are sharing?

The reason(s) I am sharing is that the roll out of Voyager as it relates to the Booking and Reservations Systems in 2013 with related changes to use year dates, changes to the Member's directory etc. affect many people. According to posts in a number of other threads relating to known issues such as re-alignment of use year dates, limitations on number of reservations that can be made at a single resort at the same time, roll-over of regular year use year points, roll-over of credit year points for credit pool years, having more points in a account that Wyndham thinks should be there, the ability of Wyndham to just impose restrictions on the account relating to ability to sell contracts use points guest certificates etc., Wyndham's lack of meaningful communications relating to Voyager and fixing problems that it has caused and may still be causing, etc.

The restriction of the ability to sell one or more contacts maybe awaiting the roll-out of the Title component.

The Spearman case was settled, terms apparently not public. It involved some issues relating to Voyager. This case went many years. Do not know if this settlement is causing some burps in the Voyager roll out and does not suggest any quick resolutions.

https://www.law360.com/articles/634908/wyndham-blasts-sanctions-bid-in-timeshare-contract-row

https://www.plainsite.org/dockets/n...n-et-al-v-wyndham-vacation-resorts-inc-et-al/

Last edited:

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
The reason(s) I am sharing is that the roll out of Voyager as it relates to the Booking and Reservations Systems in 2013 with related changes to use year dates, changes to the Member's directory etc. affect many people. According to posts in a number of other threads relating to known issues such as re-alignment of use year dates, limitations on number of reservations that can be made at a single resort at the same time, roll-over of regular year use year points, roll-over of credit year points for credit pool years, having more points in a account that Wyndham thinks should be there, the ability of Wyndham to just impose restrictions on the account relating to ability to sell contracts use points guest certificates etc., Wyndham's lack of meaningful communications relating to Voyager and fixing problems that it has caused and may still be causing, etc.
ok.....

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I have noticed this happen. The account name is correct on the current Website but the point of contact on the pre-view site is showing the other corporation name.

Clicking on the subgroup of the Wyndham Club Plus (PIC, Access, Select, etc.) now shows the following for a few, but not all, of the contracts.

USE YEAR END DATE
December 31st
POINTS OWNED
XXX,000
CONTRACT DETAILS
Converted Fixed Week
OWNERS
4 Owners Listed
HOME RESORT
R000000000103_small.jpg

Wyndham Westwinds
North Myrtle Beach,

Last edited:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
This is the first time I have noticed this happen. The account name is correct on the current Website but the point of contact on the pre-view site is showing the other corporation name.

Clicking on the subgroup of the Wyndham Club Plus (PIC, Access, Select, etc.) now shows the following for a few, but not all, of the contracts.

USE YEAR END DATE
December 31st
POINTS OWNED
XXX,000
CONTRACT DETAILS
Converted Fixed Week
OWNERS
4 Owners Listed
HOME RESORT
R000000000103_small.jpg

Wyndham Westwinds
North Myrtle Beach,
IMG_1453.GIF

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
how did you do that ... took a picture of me from 1969 and projected how Id look today

Hahaha!! That pic of you is from a long time ago!! Somebody asked me if my pic was a "selfie"!!!! Seriously, though, this "thumbsup" guy just reminds me of "Avislo" or one of his many aliases...

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hahaha!! That pic of you is from a long time ago!! Somebody asked me if my pic was a "selfie"!!!! Seriously, though, this "thumbsup" guy just reminds me of "Avislo" or one of his many aliases...
That pic is from almost 50 years ago.

I've got a post coming with the title "old age ain't for sissies" recounting the day I've had today. Lots of drugs, then and now

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That pic is from almost 50 years ago.

I've got a post coming with the title "old age ain't for sissies" recounting the day I've had today. Lots of drugs, then and now

Glenlivet is my remedy of choice....!

Status
Not open for further replies.