• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cindy Jones AKA cindy.jones27@yahoo.com

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Has anyone done business with Cindy Jones lately? She responded to my TUG Wish List Ad, but is not very forth-coming with info.

I searched TUG and found that she has done business with Tuggers years ago, but not lately.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
After many emails back and forth, I have terminated my negotiations with Cindy Jones. She could not answer very basic questions about the rental process and rental terms, and became defensive when I asked them.

She appears to be someone who searches forums like the TUG Marketplace "Rental Wish," posts, and then tries to match the requests with someone who has a rental. For this service she charges $50.

I don't think she is dishonest, but she is unprofessional, and her communication skills are poor.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
After many emails back and forth, I have terminated my negotiations with Cindy Jones. She could not answer very basic questions about the rental process and rental terms, and became defensive when I asked them.

She appears to be someone who searches forums like the TUG Marketplace "Rental Wish," posts, and then tries to match the requests with someone who has a rental. For this service she charges $50.

I don't think she is dishonest, but she is unprofessional, and her communication skills are poor.

DeniseM, relax you are retired and not grading homework papers.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DeniseM, relax you are retired and not grading homework papers.

"Poor communication skills" means that this person was unable to present the product she was trying to sell to me, in a coherent manner. It has nothing to do with grading her writing ability.

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
"Poor communication skills" means that this person was unable to present the product she was trying to sell to me, in a coherent manner. It has nothing to do with grading her writing ability.

I totally get it. Nothing wrong with brokering a deal but you need to be upfront, clear and concise.
I take it she was not

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy.Jones27@yahoo.com

I too have been contacted by this individual on numerous separate occasions, in apparent response to wish / wanted / for sale ads I had placed (...on RedWeek, if I recall correctly).
I echo that this person was completely unable and / or unwilling to effectively communicate exactly what her intent or purpose was in replying to my ads at all in the first place. :shrug:
Ultimately, I just politely asked her not to contact me again in the future. To her credit, saving both of us from more wasted time, she honored that request.

Last edited:

deemarket

TUG Member
Reaction score
cindy/cynthia

I too have been contacted by this individual on numerous separate occasions, in apparent response to wish / wanted / for sale ads I had placed (...on RedWeek, if I recall correctly).
I echo that this person was completely unable and / or unwilling to effectively communicate exactly what her intent or purpose was in replying to my ads at all in the first place. :shrug:
Ultimately, I just politely asked her not to contact me again in the future. To her credit, saving both of us from more wasted time, she honored that request.

She's still at it. I think I will pass.
We have exchanged several emails today and the last one was: "hold on I have a one bedroom that is showing availability but I'm double checking let me get back to you on this ok?"

Email received today to my wish ad on Tug Market Place:

cynthia has sent you a message regarding your Caribbean wish ad on TUG.

Here is your message:
Hi would you take a 2bedroom sleep 6? 3 bedroom units are very difficult to obtain not many avail. Please advise

Here is the contact information:
EMAIL: cindy.jones27@yahoo.com
PHONE: 2692526984

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, she is trying to sell you a 1 Bdm., when you advertised for a 3 Bdm.?

Got any sleeping bags? ;)

geekette

Reaction score
So, she is trying to sell you a 1 Bdm., when you advertised for a 3 Bdm.?

Got any sleeping bags? ;)

LOL. I read this and noticed your new avatar and it seemed perfect. Note that I don't recognize your avatar, in case it is popular and I should know, just looked like a random Peanuts character and I "heard" your post as an 8 yr old voice.

Thanks for the giggle. Oh, and the PSA about CJ...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi geekette - In conjunction with the Peanut movie, there is a website where you can create a Peanuts avatar that looks like you by selecting from various features and clothing: http://www.peanutizeme.com/uk/

geekette

Reaction score
Hi geekette - In conjunction with the Peanut movie, there is a website where you can create a Peanuts avatar that looks like you by selecting from various features and clothing: http://www.peanutizeme.com/uk/

!!! Thank you so much, I am a lifelong Peanuts fan, even played Snoopy in the school play.

It's good that I've hit the end of the work day because I know what I'm doing at cocktail hour. Wow, thank you, this will be fun! Boyfriend (aka "Joe Cool") will also enjoy this.

We did go see the Peanuts movie in 3D, wanted to go see again but didn't get around to it. I'm generally not big on noodling around with avatars, but myself as a Peanuts character is much too difficult to resist. Again, thank you.

thickey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, I was contacted by her a couple of days ago regarding a TUG ad I placed.

Her several emails consist of 1 sentence each, and ask questions about things that are already clearly stated in the ad, like how many bedrooms, what dates, etc?

Yesterday, she offered me a unit for dates outside my range, and in a completely different area.

Hmmm... me thinks "she ain't all there", as my Mom used to say. LOL.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Did a search here on TUG for this name and email address. She keeps contacting me for rentals of some weeks I have on the TUG Marketplace, and also on Redweek.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Did a search here on TUG for this name and email address. She keeps contacting me for rentals of some weeks I have on the TUG Marketplace, and also on Redweek.

Same here, and has stated previously she ask questions that are clearly covered in the ads.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Yes, she is a goofball. I told her I had certain dates, and then she email me and says, "So the dates are _______?" And I say, "NO, my dates are ______!" Moronic woman. I am not answering any of her emails at this point.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Ok then, will look out for Cindy Jones!

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
just got THREE consecutive emails from her for the same ad, which is a 3-yr old listing that expired with VTR. it was asking about a week completely unassociated with the ad.

My gut said "no" and TUG validated. WooHoo!

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a query yesterday from Cindy Jones from an old ad on Vacation Timeshare Rentals for a Vail Christmas rental. We'll see if it pans.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Is it possible that her email was hacked and this is not really Cindy Jones? Or was she always like this?

Not sure if her mental faculties have devolved or if someone else is sending emails in her name.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that her email was hacked and this is not really Cindy Jones? Or was she always like this?

Not sure if her mental faculties have devolved or if someone else is sending emails in her name.

There seems to have been a consistent pattern over several years now of incoherent replies, irrelevant questions or input and a general overall disconnect.

Whether a troubled soul or a hacked account does not much matter --- to attempt meaningful communication with "cindy jones" is just a waste of time. :shrug:

Last edited:

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agreed to rent a week at Disney Saratoga Springs from her. I asked her several times if it was an exchange and I would be charged the $99 transportation fee that Disney charges RCI exchanges. She repeatedly told me no, and that she did not rent exchanges. As soon as I paid her for the week rental she said "O by the way there will be this fee charged by Disney." I immediately asked for a refund and she did send me back the money, so I don't think she is a "scammer" per se, just that she doesn't have a very good grasp on things.

I also posted a recent wish ad and got several emails from her about it, but I decided not to respond to any of them since I am not really interested in renting from her. I got several additional emails from her asking why I wasn't responding and my personal favorite was: "We here at TUG are unable to assist with your request if you do not respond." Trying to portray herself as a TUG admin or something.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
unacceptable...and there is no "grey area" here for this....she has zero affiliation with TUG and doesnt represent us in any way and I will be banning her email from the marketplace for pretending to be an employee or staff member.

and just a friendly reminder....there are only three valid emails from TUG: admin@tugbbs.com , tugadmin@tug2.net and tug@tug2.net .

if you are contacted via email from anyone other than these 3 contacts claiming to represent TUG...they are trying to scam you.

TUG will also never call you via phone out of the blue, so if you get a phone call from someone claiming to be from TUG, or work for TUG...that is also a clear sign of a scammer!

BigRedNole

TUG Member
Reaction score
I placed an ad today and she contacted me. At least it was a question that I did not have in the ad initially. I have updated my ad with the answer to the question she asked. I have not heard from her since.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe the Disney fee is now $190 for incoming exchanges. Just an fyi.

This person is clueless, trying to act as an agent between renter and owner.