• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

St Thomas and Rio Mar Margaritaville

LDBEH

Reaction score
Looking for any recommended excursions at either resort

Thanks for your input

Jerry

The wife and I had a fun anniversary trip to the Rio Mar resort 4 years ago. We enjoyed the El Yunque rain forest several times - being a short drive from the resort. We also enjoyed going into San Jaun to explore and spend the day. We did a sailing day trip out of of Fajardo and took in the bio luminescent kayak trip (although I am not sure this is still operational). The beach at the resort is fairly private and we spent several days there and at the pool. We ate at two of the resort restaurants (both above average) and also took in the local food stands (kiosks) on two occasions. Overall the trip was relaxing and gave ample opportunity to take in the touristy but fun excursions.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
The wife and I had a fun anniversary trip to the Rio Mar resort 4 years ago. We enjoyed the El Yunque rain forest several times - being a short drive from the resort. We also enjoyed going into San Jaun to explore and spend the day. We did a sailing day trip out of of Fajardo and took in the bio luminescent kayak trip (although I am not sure this is still operational). The beach at the resort is fairly private and we spent several days there and at the pool. We ate at two of the resort restaurants (both above average) and also took in the local food stands (kiosks) on two occasions. Overall the trip was relaxing and gave ample opportunity to take in the touristy but fun excursions.
echo this. we did the same things and loved it. bio-luminescent bay kayaking was amazing.

also others do zip-line tours & caving on other side of island. (we did not do these during our week).

have fun!

gsmith6312

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nashville Margaritaville St Thomas
Just came back from Rio Mar... ATV inside El Yunque use Carabali http://www.carabalirainforestpark.com/ they have horses, ATV excursions etc great time. for breakfast if you want to go out go to LaFamilia 2 bakery about 4 miles west towars san juan from Resort, BIO-Luminescent is still active. Hike to waterfalls inside El Yunque San Juan is Hour west from the resort. Restraunts at resort are average.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there last March Rio Mar Margarittaville. The Bio-Luminescent tours were all booked up but the resort told us it was not recommended at that time anyway due to low Luminescent . I think it depends on the time of year and if a storm has been through the area. Reviews on trip adviser also confirmed. The hike in the Rain Forest is a must. Wanted to go to the caves but did not. Next time. Looks very interesting. If you plan on taking the ferry anywhere get to it very early. Long Long lines to get in.

If you plan on renting kayaks at the resort I suggest reserving that early, they were all reserved the entire time we were there. Jet-ski was way too expensive. Down the road near the kiosks is a public beach with rentals..

It was a nice resort but the area surrounding it looked a bit shady.. Enjoy...