• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Midnight Run Worked Again

blondietink

Reaction score
Stayed up until midnight and made a StarOptions reservation for the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North (south oceanfront was unavailable but regular one bedrooms were) and got a one bedroom oceanfront 1 bedroom unit for 11 days in September/October. Hopefully the timestamp will work and we will get a good villa because the oceanfront villas are still available as of this morning. I know it is shoulder season, but we went in 2013 in the same time frame and the weather was gorgeous and the resort non-crowded. Also staying at Aulani on Oahu for 9 days before moving to Maui. When you're flying this far, it pays to stay as long as you can.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Stayed up until midnight and made a StarOptions reservation for the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North. When you're flying this far, it pays to stay as long as you can.

AMEN!!!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed up until midnight and made a StarOptions reservation for the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North (south oceanfront was unavailable but regular one bedrooms were) and got a one bedroom oceanfront 1 bedroom unit for 11 days in September/October. Hopefully the timestamp will work and we will get a good villa because the oceanfront villas are still available as of this morning. I know it is shoulder season, but we went in 2013 in the same time frame and the weather was gorgeous and the resort non-crowded. Also staying at Aulani on Oahu for 9 days before moving to Maui. When you're flying this far, it pays to stay as long as you can.

Good for you; that is great idea staying up to midnight to be a awesome exchange.:thumbup:

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Congratulations on the great reservation! It's hard to stay up till midnight, but it's worth it when you get the reservation that you want!! When you're there this Fall, if you remember, please share with us what floor your villa is on. Enjoy your vacation! CJ

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the great reservation! It's hard to stay up till midnight, but it's worth it when you get the reservation that you want!! When you're there this Fall, if you remember, please share with us what floor your villa is on. Enjoy your vacation! CJ
I will be very interested to find out what unit you get. I am hoping to get an OF resie the next time but would like to know if spending the extra SOs is worth it.

blondietink

Reaction score
I will be interested to see what we get also. I'll call owner services later this week and will request a high floor to be put on our reservation. Although it might really be convenient to have a first floor oceanfront so we could just walk out the door and onto the lawn/beach. Since the oceanfront was available, thought we would try it and still have StarOptions left over to bank into next year. Last visit we stayed in a regular one bedroom north and it was OK ... we could see the ocean kind of and looked over the pool. Not sure when we will get back after this upcoming trip since my husband is getting older and the flight to Hawaii can be stressful. I will be sure to post what we get but won't be til near the end of September.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be interested to see what we get also. I'll call owner services later this week and will request a high floor to be put on our reservation. Although it might really be convenient to have a first floor oceanfront so we could just walk out the door and onto the lawn/beach. Since the oceanfront was available, thought we would try it and still have StarOptions left over to bank into next year. Last visit we stayed in a regular one bedroom north and it was OK ... we could see the ocean kind of and looked over the pool. Not sure when we will get back after this upcoming trip since my husband is getting older and the flight to Hawaii can be stressful. I will be sure to post what we get but won't be til near the end of September.
Personally, I would go with the high floor request. The first floor view is blocked by the landscape. Personal preference. Either way, enjoy your trip.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting your reservation made for next fall, Blondietink! We spent four weeks between Kauai and Maui last September, and it was our favorite trip in the last ten years. The water was SO warm, we could (well, we DID) spend hours and hours in the ocean every day. The fish were plentiful, and the tourist load on the islands seemed manageable. We're thinking we'll whale watch in Baja California over the winter, and head for warmer Hawaiian waters in the fall.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
blondietink: If you have a moment and don't want to call later this week, go ahead and request the high floor on-line. I always make the request on-line, as soon as my confirmation appears in the "up-coming stays". That way I don't forget... and they'll send you an e-mail acknowledging your request, so you'll have that for your records. CJ

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
On the West Coast it is only 9pm to stay up......

my life changed tremendously for not having to deal with calling and the process at 6am pst. I stay up until around midnite anyhow, but I certainly understand the switch in fairness between east-west coast since online was available. I have always felt the time for open reservations should be based on the resort location time zone. (e.g. East/Carib opens at 9pm est online and 9am est for calling; West/HI opens at 9pm pst online and 9am pst for calling). And that they account for TimeStamps between online and calling...
IMO YMMV

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)

Is that midnight Eastern time?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - 9:00 pm in Sacramento.

blondietink

Reaction score
Yes, that is midnight Eastern.

blondietink

Reaction score
blondietink: If you have a moment and don't want to call later this week, go ahead and request the high floor on-line. I always make the request on-line, as soon as my confirmation appears in the "up-coming stays". That way I don't forget... and they'll send you an e-mail acknowledging your request, so you'll have that for your records. CJ

Thank you for that advice. I entered my reservation in owner services and put in the request for a high floor both here and at my Lagunamar reservation. Received confirmation of my request via email for both requests.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for that advice. I entered my reservation in owner services and put in the request for a high floor both here and at my Lagunamar reservation. Received confirmation of my request via email for both requests.
You are very welcome! Have a wonderful time at both of your vacations! CJ

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
I did this also to use at my home resort over the summer--I think the best way to be prepared is to see what is available for the date that is open and then know what you are looking to "get". That way you can get online and do it quickly==I got 5 nights Harborside late August now that our grand children go back after Labor Day. Love doing this online!