• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DCP difference at MKO for penthouse villas

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
We noticed a points differential for penthouse villas at MKO and wondered if these villas (1 bedroom and 2 bedroom) are any larger, or if the Points differential is just due to the confirmed high floor view?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am pretty sure that square footage is the same. They do have high ceilings though, so they likely seem larger. Also as you indicated, they have a guaranteed top floor.

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that square footage is the same. They do have high ceilings though, so they likely seem larger. Also as you indicated, they have a guaranteed top floor.
Thanks Dioxide! It might be worth the extra points for the guaranteed view alone!

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
The penthouse suites mountain view are exactly the same as mountain view villas; penthouse oceanview same DC points as regular oceanview villas. The 'penthouse' adjective give you acess to higher floors and has a vaulted ceiling with more glass..very nice. Each of the buildings has floor/floors with a few penthouse categories; therefore, they are limited in number, but points are the same. That did seem a little odd to us? We took the one bedroom/penthouse, mountain view which gave us a 15 day stay. We were on the 14'th floor in the Mohana (sp?) building looking at the gulf course and mountains. If we had the ocean view, our stay would have been cut by 5 days for the points we used. We went in October, 2016, now the points for all 1 bedrooms have increased slightly.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
We stayed in a OV PH in March of 2016 and the high floor was terrific. There are relative few units (I think 19) and the majority are in Naia and Kona. Moana only has 4 of them.

We liked the high floor very much but not sure if the point differential really is worth it.

Best,

Greg

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
We stayed in a OV PH in March of 2016 and the high floor was terrific. There are relative few units (I think 19) and the majority are in Naia and Kona. Moana only has 4 of them.
Interesting, since Moana is much larger than Kona. What else do they have on the top floor? I would have expected Kona to be the one with only four of them.

Dewnay

TUG Member
Reaction score
The penthouse suites mountain view are exactly the same as mountain view villas; penthouse oceanview same DC points as regular oceanview villas.

While the mountain view penthouse units require the same number of DC points as the mountain view villas, this is NOT true for the ocean view penthouse units. According to the 2017 points charts, the difference ranges from 1850 to 2700 points depending upon the time of year.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Also penthouse means you will not have a room above you. Does not mean you will be on the highest floor of kona, moana or naia tower. Penthouse units start on the sixth floor. If you look at a picture of marriott Ko'Olina you will see some that some units are staggered going upwards.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk