• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NFL 2016/17 Playoff Thread

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
cant believe oakland was bad enough to make houston look good.

What do you expect when they had to play their 3rd string quarterback who had never played in an NFL game. This was the first time that a quarterbacks first NFL game was a playoff game.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea, but he wasnt playing defense....oakland just looked lost...like they were just there for the extra paycheck knowing they had no shot to win.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
well, sofar all of these playoff games have been quite lopsided.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
well, sofar all of these playoff games have been quite lopsided.

Yes, every game was decided by at least 13 points so I'm assuming each winner this weekend beat the spread. ;) And the home team won each game (just as I predicted in the OP :thumbup:).

Predicting the winners for next week's Divisional Round won't be as easy, but here goes:

AFC:

Patriots over the Texans and Steelers over the Chiefs.

NFC:

Falcons over the Seahawks and Packers over the 'Boys.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
think the only blowout next week is the pats/texans game though...I truly expect the others to be quite entertaining!

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Yes, every game was decided by at least 13 points so I'm assuming each winner this weekend beat the spread. ;) And the home team won each game (just as I predicted in the OP ).

Predicting the winners for next week's Divisional Round won't be as easy, but here goes:

AFC:

NFC:

I think you'll be 50/50 with your current picks...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I predict the winners next week wll be:

AFC: Chiefs and Patriots

NFC: Sea Hawks and Cowboys

Of course my predictions are based on my preferences except for the Patriots.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, every game was decided by at least 13 points so I'm assuming each winner this weekend beat the spread. ;) And the home team won each game (just as I predicted in the OP :thumbup:).
I agree Patriots over Texan

AFC:

NFC:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I predict New England, Dallas and Seattle to win their games. The last one is up in the air.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Maybe not. Four for four again this week.:)

Now as for the Conference Finals, well, how can anyone bet against the Patriots right now (unless they're 23.5 points favourites)?
:( Really thought my Boys would come through.
I greatly dislike the Patriots and Steelers. Steelers have a couple SB victories over the Cowboys (and 1 more trophy overall).
I rooted for the Patriots when they were crushed in the late 80s by the Bears. I stopped liking them when Brady stayed at starter after Bledsoe was healthy...not to mention the questionable strategies and tactics they use to gain an advantage.
Unfortunately one of them will be in the SB...I'm definitely pulling for the NFC.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Early lines:

Atl -4, O/U 60

NE -5.5 O/U 51

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark

AFC:

NFC:

LannyPC,

Good calls here, and no easy predictions. I went to the Cowboys game with my brother-in-law and the place was going absolutely nuts when they tied the game. There is nothing like playoff football at home!!!

Sorry to see the Cowboys lose after such a great season (and my bro-in-law is devastated). Should be great football next weekend too!

Best,

Greg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
glad i dont actually bet on games! lol

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
glad i dont actually bet on games! lol

I generally suck at NFL. I can do pretty well at college, since there's so much bogus "name hype" built into the lines. Don't get that in the pros.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Early lines:

Atl -4, O/U 60

NE -5.5 O/U 51

This is really tough to pick this weekend. The Patriots and Steelers both won their final seven regular season games and obviously their last playoff game(s), so both teams are quite hot right now. However, the Steelers had problems against the Chiefs last week (couldn't score a TD), and were fortunate that the Chiefs self-destructed with senseless penalties and dropped passes. I can't see the Patriots making those same mistakes. Hence, I am predicting NE.

The Falcons and Packers have also ended the regular season with significant winning streaks --- Atlanta four and GB six. As much as I hate to bet against a hot team right now (well one hot team has to lose), my prediction is GB --- a rematch of the SB XXI from exactly 20 years ago.

I hope I'm wrong though (didn't place any bets) because I'm rooting for Pittsburgh and Atlanta.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
over/under is 60...id think thats a safer bet (the over) than green bay + 4 points!

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I hope I'm wrong though (didn't place any bets) because I'm rooting for Pittsburgh and Atlanta.

Intetesting factoids (believe from Mike & Mike). With only 2 exceptions since 2002, Brady, Big Ben, or Manning started at QB for AFC. It'll hold true again this year. Here's to hoping we get something different next year.

The winner of Pittsburgh/New England will be going to their 9th SB...most of any team.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been wrong the whole playoff so I am picking Pittsburgh and Atlanta.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bet GB did not see that coming.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Atlanta totally destroyed Green Bay today. It is going to be hard for Pittsburgh to beat New England in their stadium.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, It's about a done deal. Super Bowl LI (51 to you non-Romans) will be Atlanta vs New England. 2/5/17. Ho Hum.