• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using Disney's Magical Express for luggage transportation only

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used Disney's Magical Express many, many times to send my luggage to my onsite resort without ever getting on a bus. It works like Magic, ahem, the luggage gets shipped and we take a rental car. Does this still work? I haven't used it in a year.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I'm glad nothing has changed. We've been doing this since DME started. It's so nice not to have to lug our bags around.

We are checking in with two reservations. #1. A one bedroom OKW from RCI #2. A studio OKW from DVC. I've linked the two reservations, and this has worked for me before, I just hope their aren't an hiccups this time.

BigRedNole

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are not suppose to transport the luggage if you do not check-in to take the bus. Does it happen all the time? Not likely. But don't be surprised if your luggage gets left at MCO.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score

dundey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
I've done it once and it was great. I actually asked the staff before I left the luggage and they said it was fine

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've done it once and it was great. I actually asked the staff before I left the luggage and they said it was fine
I never thought to ask. I was afraid the cast members would say no. I'm very glad to hear this

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score

Which staff did you ask?
Airline staff has nothing to do with transporting luggage, and the Resort Airline Check-In service at the Disney hotels does not require you to use the bus as it's technically a separate service from DME.

-Rob

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greyhound still transports packages for a fee....without requiring senders to ride. I don't see a difference between that and what's proposed here as far as safety is concerned, except that a Disney bus would be a sexier target.

I would hope that TSA has surveillance on baggage claim and transportation areas so that if a suitcase were to come in from outside the airport to be placed on a bus, it would be treated as suspect. All the luggage that comes through baggage claim has already passed airport security protocol.