• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orange County California Tax Auction

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
It looks like OC is a majority owner at San Clemente! I couldn't find the NCV units.

So to research these can you look up the APN number and pull a copy of the deed that was filed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village
Thanks for sharing. Not that I need another timeshare, but I will check it out.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I just wonder how long you have to let your T/S property taxes go to get to $11K in unpaid taxes for a single week.. that seems really high..

What are the odds Marriot buys their units up? I seem to recall HGVC scooping up some of the units in Hawaii when those went to tax auction... If a resort has ROFR i would think the developer could just grab the units they want during the transfer process anyways.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I just wonder how long you have to let your T/S property taxes go to get to $11K in unpaid taxes for a single week.. that seems really high..

What are the odds Marriot buys their units up? I seem to recall HGVC scooping up some of the units in Hawaii when those went to tax auction... If a resort has ROFR i would think the developer could just grab the units they want during the transfer process anyways.

It looks like 10 years, OC has had the selling power for 4 years so its probably been passed over in prior auctions.

3cde42f62541098b6f692b1d0dfc0ee3.png

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I have been watching these auctions for a few years and very rarely something worthwhile comes up.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the County approaches these valuations with the same delusion as many owners.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know how much is the annual property tax for a week owned at NCV or San Clemente Inn.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why pay $1. in the bargain basement when you can pay $11,000 at a public auction? Sounds like typical OC to me.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
It looks like OC is a majority owner at San Clemente! I couldn't find the NCV units.

So to research these can you look up the APN number and pull a copy of the deed that was filed?

Start on page 34, item 340.

Jim

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Looks like the County approaches these valuations with the same delusion as many owners.
I assume the country has to at try and sell the "property" for the ammount of the debt or tax lien.

I am not looking to add a TS in southern California, but even if I was, I think I would steer clear of an auction like this. With no estopple or even a promise of clear title, its just too much effort to figure out if there are other issues with a particualr deed for me.

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I assume the country has to at try and sell the "property" for the ammount of the debt or tax lien.

I am not looking to add a TS in southern California, but even if I was i think i would steer clear of an auction like this. With no estopple or even a promise of clear title, its just too much effort to figure out if there are other issues with a particualr deed for me.

Yep, I guess you could end up owing $20K to a developer on top of the tax lien.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Current bids on the Marriott NCV platinum season units are all currently in the $6K+ range after the first day of the auction. Don't know who's bidding on them but I suspect a designated Marriott representative would have been tasked with that

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple summer season Laguna Surf units in Laguna Beach sold for a decent deal around that $4500 mark.

All the platinum season NCV units are all currently over $7K+ now with the auction ending this afternoon. Looks like they will go for not too far off the market resale price. No deals there.

Of the other ones, not too much value in my mind.