• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sumday??

Cdn Gal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year Tuggers! Just met a couple at the pool and they are interested in resale- looked on eBay- does anybody have any latest experience with Sumday recently? So far I have seen the reviews are mixed- I would hate to recommend some people to purchase resale on eBay and then find out that the seller was not legit. Thank you! :)

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Happy New Year Tuggers! Just met a couple at the pool and they are interested in resale- looked on eBay- does anybody have any latest experience with Sumday recently? So far I have seen the reviews are mixed- I would hate to recommend some people to purchase resale on eBay and then find out that the seller was not legit. Thank you! :)

I don't but I know of others who have. I think it is like anywhere else. You need to do your due diligence. They might not always have the correct information, etc., so the buyer needs to take initiative and call the resort and so on. I used Timeshare Nation when I acquired our freebie, but I still had to check things and keep on top of the whole process.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are one of the best.

I bought from them and many others here have had successful transactions. They'll make it right.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I agree with the above poster, based on what I have seen here if something goes wrong Sumday goes out of their way to make it right. Some people have had situations that didn't work out, but you will have that with anyone.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I bought a week from Sumday just about three months ago. They were great to work with, answered every question, and did a fine job with the transfer process. If the idea of eBay sellers bothers you some, check the Sumday website. They often have the same weeks listed there, too. A fast buy-it-now price on their website makes it simpler to know what to expect. I'd buy from them again anytime. YMMV. :)

Dave

Cdn Gal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the replies! It is greatly appreciated :). Since looking at the listing I am confused as to why they need your: social insurance #, resort approval/credit app, a copy of a utility bill, and finally the limited power of attorney? The last time we purchased we didn't have to provide any of this information! Thanks again! :)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thank you so much for the replies! It is greatly appreciated :). Since looking at the listing I am confused as to why they need your: social insurance #, resort approval/credit app, a copy of a utility bill, and finally the limited power of attorney? The last time we purchased we didn't have to provide any of this information! Thanks again! :)

I had similar questions. They said some resorts require that, and if I wasn't comfortable, I didn't need to provide it unless specifically asked for it. The only thing I provided was a Limited POA so they could correct any errors on the deed. There weren't any. I think they were only covering their bases. (I also think it is a way to filter out the flakes and looky-loos who won't complete a purchase.) Another reason to deal with them from their website.

Dave

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I had similar questions. They said some resorts require that, and if I wasn't comfortable, I didn't need to provide it unless specifically asked for it. The only thing I provided was a Limited POA so they could correct any errors on the deed. There weren't any. I think they were only covering their bases. (I also think it is a way to filter out the flakes and looky-loos who won't complete a purchase.) Another reason to deal with them from their website.

Dave
I bought an additional week at my home resort from Sumday last year. The listing was incorrect, but I already knew that...they had the unit listed with 2 baths, and I knew it only had one. I called the resort to check everything out from their end first. They made another small mistake in recording the deed (tried to say that the resort was in a county that it wasn't in!) but I spotted the error right away, and they fixed it. Have used the unit two consecutive years...no issues. The resort said everything went well from where they sat, too. I would buy another week through Sumday, especially if it was at a resort that I already had familiarity with.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure why a buyer would ever need to provide a limited power of attorney for this type of transaction. Tey buyer doesn't sign anything unless the closing company wants them to sign some kind of what is really an otherwise meaningless document. All that is needed is the seller to sign the deed over and it is all done for most of the timeshare companies out there.

For our first Vistana purchase, we as sellers had to sign all kinds of documents that the closing agent wanted along. For our second, we signed a contract and that was all. Both had the same result.

Cdn Gal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
THank you!! I will pass this along and let our friends know of the replies! I just gate the thought of somebody purchasing from the developer! :)

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Resorts are being extra cautious now because of the Viking Ships. We had to provide SS #'s and driver's licenses when we acquired our resale (through Timeshare Nation). I had no problem with it.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't but I know of others who have. I think it is like anywhere else. You need to do your due diligence. They might not always have the correct information, etc., so the buyer needs to take initiative and call the resort and so on. I used Timeshare Nation when I acquired our freebie, but I still had to check things and keep on top of the whole process.
I have bought several from Sumday. Vey good experience.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sumday is great but you always want to do due diligence to avoid hassles down the road. Estoppels have errors all the time.

On the limited POA they always get that from the seller but in some rare cases they may want it from the buyer when it is a location where the buyer is also on the deed. I would never hesitate to give a limited POA to Sumday.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are one of the best.

I bought from them and many others here have had successful transactions. They'll make it right.

True --- and very important. Human error is unavoidable, but SumDay seems genuinely concerned about their reputation and doesn't hesitate to step forward and admit mistakes of their own doing and address and correct them to buyer's satisfaction. It's a company with a name and a face (I seem to recall the principal's name as being Jeff Brown, who has posted in these TUG forums on numerous occasions). In my observation over the years, few (if any) timeshare resellers on eBay could ever credibly claim to equal Sumday.

I'm no fan of eBay or most of its' mega-sellers, but if I saw something I liked at the right price listed with SumDay, I would not hesitate.
Saintsfanfl is entirely correct in noting however that there is absolutely no substitute for due diligence in any resale timeshare transaction.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I need to correct my earlier post in this thread. I made a mistake. The limited POA I provided was for a unit I was selling, not for the one I was buying. I had two transactions happening at the same time, and I confused myself trying to recall which was which. Sorry for any confusion I caused. :doh:

Dave

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Resorts are being extra cautious now because of the Viking Ships. We had to provide SS #'s and driver's licenses when we acquired our resale (through Timeshare Nation). I had no problem with it.

What are the Viking Ships?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the Viking Ships?

"Viking Ship" is a nickname for any phony, completely bogus entity (usually appearing in the form of a LLC) formed solely to be a "ghost" recipient or "grantee" for a unwanted timeshare. The nickname / label derives from the ancient Viking practice of setting the corpse of the deceased adrift on the water, on fire aboard a floating pyre, for "passage" to the great beyond.

A phony "Viking Ship" corporate entity, comprised of a person (or persons plural) hiding behind a "corporate veil" has absolutely no intentions of ever acknowledging or paying any maintenance fee bills if / after they become new "grantees", nor do they have any other interest whatsoever in the resort at issue. It's simply a "take the money and run" operation, fraudulent by design and definition, operating while trying to stay hidden behind that "corporate veil".

Many resort HOA's now vigilantly screen for (and summarily reject) any such Viking Ship "sailing" attempts at their property, but it's a real legal mess to untangle for those less attentive HOA's which inadvertently let them slip through somehow --- at their own peril and at direct financial cost to the remaining legitimate, fee-paying owners there.

The sole purpose of a Viking Ship's existence is to collect money from people who think that they are somehow managing to quietly slink away from the contractual responsibilities of ownership. Whether that particular belief actually has any merit is an entirely separate conversation however, since a "Viking Ship" is essentially just outright fraud, by knowing and willful design and intent --- and any participant in such a scheme is clearly also a party to that very same fraud.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need to correct my earlier post in this thread. I made a mistake. The limited POA I provided was for a unit I was selling, not for the one I was buying. I had two transactions happening at the same time, and I confused myself trying to recall which was which. Sorry for any confusion I caused. :doh:

Dave

How much does Sumday charge to sell, or broker? I didn't realize they did that as a service but I've never asked.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
How much does Sumday charge to sell, or broker? I didn't realize they did that as a service but I've never asked.

Sorry, but I don't know that answer. I was buying from Sumday, from a listing on their website. The unit I was selling at the same time was a private sale, paperwork handled by LTT. After all the dust settled, I'm down to only one timeshare now, a modest biennial in Carlsbad, mainly purchased to get me into the GPR system. :thumbup:

Dave

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I asked them to list a unit a few years ago and they wouldn't do it.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I have bought from them and have sent friends to them. I've only had one person tell me of a problem that Sumday would not correct. I cannot recall the details no company is perfect.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Right. I misunderstood above. They generally don't deal with sellers. They get their inventory from other companies that handle timeshare trade-ins.
I also thought they had sold one for Dave. I was hopeful that they were selling now. :D