• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Change of ownership of resale week maintenance fee

fgrosoli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Streamside
Good evening,
I have a question about maintenance fee.
I recently bought a resale week at Vail Douglas .
After the week appeared on my account I checked the amount of maintenance fee due for 2017.
The statement was showing for 2017 $390.23 divided in $275.48 operating fee and $ 114.76 replacement reserve.
I paid the amount of the statement dated 12/01/2016 on December 22nd.
I checked my account yesterday and now there is an amount due of $1170.69
I know that the total amount, for the year, for my unit is $1560.92 but I thought that the amount due was only $390.23 ( based on 12/01/2016 statement) because maybe the previous owner already paid some of the maintenance fee... may be possible that Marriott, with the transfer of ownership, cancel the previous owner payments for the maintenance fee?
Or may be possible that maintenance fees are devided in quarterly payments?
Does anyone already faced a problem like this?
What about other owners of Vail?
Thanks for your help

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I will be interested to hear what is up here as I have never seen or heard about this before. I don't believe Marriott cancels the prior owners payments. They certainly don't return any of the payment if they made it. Did your purchase contract indicate that you were responsible for the 2017 MF? I hope there are some other Streamside owners that may know the answer. I am not aware of anyone else that owns there.

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been a few years since I owned at Streamside, but I believe they bill quarterly. This is something that is more common with resorts in Vail than it is in other areas.

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes Vail is quarterly.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

fgrosoli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Streamside
Yes Vail is quarterly.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Thanks Nust called in and they did confirmed Vail is paid quarterly....
Good to know
Filippo