• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

no good deed goes unpunished

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I think I will stick to TUG. I was out on Wyndham FB group and offered my opinion on valuation of points and use for airlines tickets etc. Best use of points, blah, blah blah. You know the drill.

I got a post "Scold much".

OK, guess you don't need my opinion and advice over there.

I will stick to TUG. Love you crazy bunch. We can agree to disagree, but I don't think I have ever been told I was scolding someone.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
What Facebook group that? The one I was blocked from for offering the truth a few years back?

I think I will stick to TUG. I was out on Wyndham FB group and offered my opinion on valuation of points and use for airlines tickets etc. Best use of points, blah, blah blah. You know the drill.

I will stick to TUG. Love you crazy bunch. We can agree to disagree, but I don't think I have ever been told I was scolding someone.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score

Some people will always think they are right no matter what. Help who you can and don't let the others get you down.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What Facebook group that? The one I was blocked from for offering the truth a few years back?

Could be, the group does have the rose colored glasses trend.

Some people will always think they are right no matter what. Help who you can and don't let the others get you down.

Yeah, will I will help those on TUG that want helping. They do not want help over there.

Last edited:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Awesome. We may be a collection of nerds, geeks, and trolls, but we are your nerds, geeks, and trolls.

BTW - Interesting typo for the Posting header, "dead" instead of "deed". I hope you don't think I am "scolding" you by pointing that out. If so, I will stay away from the FB group.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

They like to delete posts over there from anyone who really knows what they're talking about, too.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Awesome. We may be a collection of nerds, geeks, and trolls, but we are your nerds, geeks, and trolls.

BTW - Interesting typo for the Posting header, "dead" instead of "deed". I hope you don't think I am "scolding" you by pointing that out. If so, I will stay away from the FB group.

Didn't even notice. I am dead over there. So now I am just good deed over here.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score

You attacked an old man, ha ha. I read that.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. Unless you go on that page where lignorance is bliss

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You attacked an old man, ha ha. I read that.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. Unless you go on that page where lignorance is bliss

If that was an attack, that was weak.

Who thought that using 500K points for a sea sju roundtrip airline ticket was a good use of his points. NOT ME. I suggested better ways to get some return on his MF $. More power to him, let him and other do what they want.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
His trusted salesman saved the day by telling them that they could do that. Why would the salesman tell him that if it wasn't a good idea?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score

Maybe Wyndham runs that Facebook page and don't want the truth to get out. . .

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe Wyndham runs that Facebook page and don't want the truth to get out. . .
Wes McLaughlin runs it. You could be right except it wasn't him, it was a bunch of plain old wyndham owners.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been a while but I was tossed out of a Facebook group. I think because I refused to work with the founder of the group on rentals. He wanted me to raise my prices to match his. I refused and next thing I knew I was tossed out

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been a while but I was tossed out of a Facebook group. I think because I refused to work with the founder of the group on rentals. He wanted me to raise my prices to match his. I refused and next thing I knew I was tossed out
Sounds like you got the right place. I questioned the for sale by owner prices and he refused to post it.there was one for $50,000 because that's what he paid for it.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wes McLaughlin runs it. You could be right except it wasn't him, it was a bunch of plain old wyndham owners.

Yes that is the ****** who blocked me from the group for being too hard on Wyndham.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im sure many of those sites are a great place for owners who dont actually want help or advice, but instead want to be reminded that their ownership is all sunshine and roses!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
im sure many of those sites are a great place for owners who dont actually want help or advice, but instead want to be reminded that their ownership is all sunshine and roses!

exactly

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, that site is very social. Who stayed where, when and what to do. It's about the vacation more than the transaction.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score

I consider TUG to be like Fox News - meaning Fair and Balanced. I watch Fox News; I read TUG. . .

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you got the right place. I questioned the for sale by owner prices and he refused to post it.there was one for $50,000 because that's what he paid for it.

Yep. Re reading the posts in this thread I see the name. That's the guy and the group

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Omg there is a bluegreen resort addicts page and no negativity allowed at all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
there are a few like that, its extremely frustrating to watch people post that they "just bought BG for XXXXX dollars"...and the not only no mention of rescission and resale...but actual deleting of posts and banning of folks who do mention it to them.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Sounds like they are being ran by the companies

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Which FB page is this? There seems to be a lot of Wyndham ones.