• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"GO RAIDERS" Stay in Oakland ! ! !

gvic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been against the Raiders moving to Las Vegas because of the "LARGE" public investment required by Taxes and the "DRAMATIC" increase in Hotel Rates to support this move. Well, maybe it won't happen now ..... http://news3lv.com/ .

Your Thoughts???
gvic

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
While I would love for the Oakland Raiders to remain the Oakland Raiders, I think as far as Mark Davis is concerned, that ship has sailed. Much like the situation in San Diego, look what it's taken to get Oakland to be serious about doing what it takes to keep their professional teams in town.

I think the bigger question is, will the NFL give serious consideration to allowing Mr. Davis to move the team. Al didn't exactly do a lot of things to make himself loved by the NFL and I doubt the NFL owners will allow him to move the team if there's any sort of offer from Oakland and, Oakland has made a pretty decent offer.......So I believe Oakland will remain in Oakland regardless of what Mr. Davis wants.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is it with all these NFL team owners constantly crying out to the cities, counties, and states where they play "Build us a new stadium or we're moving"?

I don't know how accurate this statement is but someone was saying that the NFL could pay all its bills without any fans showing up at the stadiums because of its TV contract. If that is true, then I'm assuming that the TV contract is split evenly among the 32 teams. Plus there's a salary cap in place to prevent richer teams from buying up all the premier players.

With all that in mind, what is the big deal about needing new stadiums other than the fact that the stadium in Oakland is ancient?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
What is it with all these NFL team owners constantly crying out to the cities, counties, and states where they play "Build us a new stadium or we're moving"?

I don't know how accurate this statement is but someone was saying that the NFL could pay all its bills without any fans showing up at the stadiums because of its TV contract. If that is true, then I'm assuming that the TV contract is split evenly among the 32 teams. Plus there's a salary cap in place to prevent richer teams from buying up all the premier players.

With all that in mind, what is the big deal about needing new stadiums other than the fact that the stadium in Oakland is ancient?

All of the above bolded statements are true. As to the last (underlined), newer stadiums bring out more people and more luxury dollars. There are safety issues in both Oakland and SD. Using your San Diego example, 45K vs 60K fans results in an additional $18.75 million to the team over a season (15K*$125*10), not counting the premium seats/boxes. Pure profit.

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of the above bolded statements are true. As to the last (underlined), newer stadiums bring out more people and more luxury dollars. There are safety issues in both Oakland and SD. Using your San Diego example, 45K vs 60K fans results in an additional $18.75 million to the team over a season (15K*$125*10), not counting the premium seats/boxes. Pure profit.

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore in 1995, and have won two Superbowls since then as the Baltimore Ravens; that move caused twelve cities {en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Browns_relocation_co... } to build new stadiums for their teams to prevent them from leaving. I believe the current Cleveland team, on schedule for a perfect season, as it is currently 0-12, was one of three teams that indicated interest in moving to Las Vegas.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Super Bowl V... Jan 1971
Baltimore Colts 16
Dallas Cowboys 13

Super Bowl XLI...Feb 2007
Indianapolis Colts 29
Chicago Bears 17

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Super Bowl V... Jan 1971
Baltimore Colts 16
Dallas Cowboys 13

Super Bowl XLI...Feb 2007
Indianapolis Colts 29
Chicago Bears 17

Cleveland Browns have never been to the Superbowl in 60 years; name the three other teams that have never been there???? HINT: at least we are not Detroit.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cleveland Browns have never been to the Superbowl in 60 years; name the three other teams that have never been there???? HINT: at least we are not Detroit.

I'm thinking the KC Chiefs, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Jax Jaguars. Or have the Lions been there?

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
I'm thinking the KC Chiefs, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Jax Jaguars. Or have the Lions been there?

The Chiefs? They lost the very first Superbowl to the Greenbay packers, then won it in 1969 against the Minnesota Vikings, who were led by Fran Tarkington.

The Lions are the only team I know that hasn't been to the Superbowl. The others are a mystery to me. I know Cleveland was nearly there under Marty Shottenheimer until "The Fumble", when, I believe, Ernest Byner fumbled at the goal line against Denver.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score

Browns, Lions, Texans, Jaguars

Chiefs have been in two (winning Super Bowl 4 and losing Super Bowl 1).

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Houston Oilers left Houston in 1997. Houston couldn't build a stadium for the Astros fast enough to keep that from happening again 2 years later. Our city begged, and I mean begged, the NFL for a several years to get a team back. Finally, that came true in 2002, but only because LA would not pony up the dough. Now we (The Texans) are in our 15th year, have won only 2 playoff games, and still have a long waiting list for season tickets. We will be hosting our second Super Bowl this season. The revenue this team brings to the city is worth every penny the city spent to get a team.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Seen all the empty seats at football games for many teams?
Same for baseball - many teams have lots of empty seats?

They are pricing fans out of the game - why I gave up my SFGiants and SFNiner tickets. Decided to spend extra $ on vacationing.

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score

Originally Answered: Which NFL teams have never made the Super Bowl?
The Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns (current iteration), Jacksonville Jaguars, and Houston Texans are the only current teams to have never played in a Super Bowl.

Detroit did play in NFL Championships prior to the establishment of the Super Bowl in the 1966-67 season, as did the original Cleveland Browns. The latter two are expansion teams (as is the new iteration of the Browns) so they don't have as many years of history to work with.

Cleveland is weird because the original Cleveland Browns team that became the Ravens never played in a Super Bowl during their time in Cleveland, but did play (and win) as the Ravens. So the city of Cleveland is shut out over two franchises. Similarly, the city of Houston is shut out over two teams -- Houston Oilers and Houston Texans -- but the team that was the Oilers went on to the Super Bowl as the Tennessee Titans.

4 teams have never been to a Super Bowl

Detroit Lions

main-qimg-0292fd3eb583d1a8421d585016c9fd29

Cleveland Browns

main-qimg-77ac2396363e2bc0958bb6e3344b0aae-c

Houston Texans

main-qimg-f1ea3af7e2f1179a5a32b38386468b1d

Jacksonville Jaguars

main-qimg-6bd0bad32e0aa505fa594f05edd3db02

The Texans and Jaguars are relatively new (though the Jags made it to two AFC Championship games). The Lions and Browns have had horrible GMs over the years and very little consistency in the front office. The Lions always seem poised to make a run, but the season always seems to unravel as it goes along. The Browns are simply a running gag at this point.

10.6k Views · View Upvotes
Downvote
Comment

Brandon C. Williams
, 25 years of sports media as a writer, editor and satellite operations.
Written Aug 15
The following teams have yet to reach the Super Bowl. Here’s the list, along with their closest push to Super Sunday:

*Cleveland Browns: AFC title appearances in 1986, 1987 and 1989. Keep in mind, though, the Browns do own NFL championships (pre-Super Bowl era) in 1950, 1954, 1955 and 1964 along with winning all four All-America Football Conference titles from 1946–49.

*Detroit Lions: NFC title appearance in 1991. Like the Browns, the pre-Super Bowl era was kind to them, as they won NFL championships in 1935, 1952, 1953 and 1957. Fun fact: the 1953 championship team is the last one with an entirely white roster.

*Houston Texans: Still pups, they have yet to reach an AFC title game, reaching the divisional round in 2011 and 2012.

*Jacksonville Jaguars: Close but so cigar twice, falling short in the 1996 and 1999 AFC title games.

2k Views
Downvote
Comment

Tillman Lanyi
, obsessive football fanatic
Written Oct 4
Short answer? Four.

Long answer? The Jaguars and the Texans have never made it to a Super Bowl in franchise history. (This is unsurprising, as the teams are the third-newest (tie) and newest franchises, respectfully.) There are two others, each with astericks: the Lions have also never made it to a Super Bowl since the NFL-AFL merger, but they did play in a number of NFL Championship games before then. Lastly, the Cleveland Browns have never made it to the Super Bowl with the team's current franchise. However, the team previously had made the Super Bowl before they moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens. The new franchise was, in theory, supposed to keep all the previous Browns stats and records, but it's still not *really* the sane franchise, so you can go either way there.

1.7k Views · View Upvotes
Downvote
Comment1

Jacky Chen
, Obsessed with everything about the NFL
Written Sep 11
As of the 2016–17 season, four teams have never had a Super Bowl appearance. Those four teams are: the Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Detriot Lions, and Jacksonville Jaguars.

The Cleveland Browns was first part of the AAFC that challenged the NFL. They were a four-time (out of 4) AAFC champion from 1946–1949. The Browns went on to win four NFL championships (1950, 1954, 1955, 1964). The Browns have had fourteen playoff appearances since the creation of the Super Bowl. Their last one was in 2002, where they were beaten by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the wild card round 36–33. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers eventually went on to win the Super Bowl. The Browns not winning a championship was viewed as part of the famous 50-year drought Cleveland had, which was broken by the Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Team after they won the NBA Championship this season.

The Houston Texans are the most recent football team. They were created in 2002, the last time the Browns had a playoff appearance. Since their creation, they’ve only three playoff appearances (2011, 2012, 2015). In 2011 and 2012, they lost in the divisional round to the Baltimore Ravens (20–13) and New England Patriots (41–28), respectively. In 2015, they lost in the Wild Card round to the Kansas City Chiefs (30–0).

The Detroit Lions originally started out as the Portsmouth Spartans. They lost the playoff game in 1933 against the Chicago Bears. They had four NFL Championships (1935, 1952, 1953, 1957) and 11 playoff appearances after the creation of the Super Bowl. The most recent ones were in 2011 (lost in Wild Card 45–28 against New Orleans Saints) and 2014 (lost in Wild Card round to Dallas Cowboys 24–20)

The Jacksonville Jaguars are also one of the newer teams, being formed in 1995. Because of this, they only have six playoff appearances (1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2005, 2007). In 2005, they lost in the Wild Card round to the Washington Redskins 17–10. In 2007, they lost to the New England Patriots in the Divisional Round 31–20.

So, as of 9/11/16, there are 4 NFL teams that have never had a Super Bowl appearance: Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Detroit Lions, and Jacksonville Jaguars.

1.2k Views · View Upvotes
Downvote
Comments1+

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Seen all the empty seats at football games for many teams?
Same for baseball - many teams have lots of empty seats?

They are pricing fans out of the game - why I gave up my SFGiants and SFNiner tickets. Decided to spend extra $ on vacationing.

I've always loved going to the stadiums, seeing different teams play when I'm in a city where a game is going on, and loved the atmosphere of attending a live game. Now, having said that, those games have become far to expensive between parking fee's, ticket prices and the cost of food/drink at the game. Couple that with fans that are over the top fanatical, pick fights with fans from opposing teams and/or are so drunk BEFORE walking into the stadium from to much tailgating and I'd rather stay home. Not to mention the ridiculous pauses in games for what I assume are commercial breaks to generate even more revenue for the league and I'd rather stay home.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've always loved going to the stadiums, seeing different teams play when I'm in a city where a game is going on, and loved the atmosphere of attending a live game. Now, having said that, those games have become far to expensive between parking fee's, ticket prices and the cost of food/drink at the game. Couple that with fans that are over the top fanatical, pick fights with fans from opposing teams and/or are so drunk BEFORE walking into the stadium from to much tailgating and I'd rather stay home. Not to mention the ridiculous pauses in games for what I assume are commercial breaks to generate even more revenue for the league and I'd rather stay home.
That and 60 inch tvs make going to games day in and day out. The big games will always draw.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not to mention the ridiculous pauses in games for what I assume are commercial breaks to generate even more revenue for the league and I'd rather stay home.

Which is why whenever I watch a game on TV (NFL or CFL), I like the PVR option. I can fast forward through all those replay challenges.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Raiders are in the playoff for the first time since 2002. Al Davis is smiling and is very proud of the White and Silver.

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Raiders are in the playoff for the first time since 2002. Al Davis is smiling and is very proud of the White and Silver.

Cleveland Browns set aside their perfect record and beat San Diego so their record now is 1 and 14; to paraphrase Vitas Gerulaitis ["And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row."[8]after defeating Jimmy Connors at the January 1980 Masters. Gerulaitis had lost their previous 16 matches.]

No body beats the Browns 15 times in a row!!!!

Patrick

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
brutal loss for the raiders after making the playoffs....carr was looking outstanding too :(

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes! This is the wrong time for a major injury to Carr.