• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

audits and "grandfathered VIPs"

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have any of the "audits" included review of resale points and resulted in a "down grade" of VIP levels?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have several VIP accounts obtained through non traditional means. One was silver VIP with 385000 eligible points (which were purchased on the secondary market. I think it was a Wyndham mistake) and when the number of points required for silver VIP was raised to 400000 my account was "grandfathered". And it's still VIP

My other VIP accounts were made with small purchases from Wyndham and the conversion of several fixed weeks to VIP eligible points or made with secondary market purchases (more Wyndham mistakes I think)

To answer your question. The VIP status of my accounts, questionable as it is, has not been a subject of discussion with Wyndham as we work our way through our discussions around my suspensions

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
However, every time you attend the breakfast/lunch 'update' the salesperson drags out your purchase record with many questions about when you bought, etc. Just to play it safe I'd avoid all updates unless you want to take the chance. I've never heard of anyone being downgraded but with Wyndham who knows.

sandkastle4966

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks ron...what I needed to know BEFORE I attempt pooling..

I NEVER do updates for exactly that reason Kozman.....good reminder to all..

Don40

TUG Member
Reaction score
A family member went to an update and mentioned the bought resale and their VIP status was removed. This was several years ago now, but if you have VIP through non traditional means I would avoid at all costs, or at least stay mum about how you acquired the status.

JMHO

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked in Smoky Mountain and the parking pass person (PPP) was obsessive with a capital O! I always send DW to do the parking pass dance while I make myself unavailable outside. PPP actually followed me outside after getting nowhere with DW to harang me with why I didn't want to save money with their new rewards program. He wasted about 10 minutes of our time. I'm a man of few words and finally had to tell him in so many words what the definition of no was. If I get a followup survey they will get a 1 out of 10 on check-in. If this happens again we will just slip out and bypass the 'prom'!

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Just checked in Smoky Mountain and the parking pass person (PPP) was obsessive with a capital O! I always send DW to do the parking pass dance while I make myself unavailable outside. PPP actually followed me outside after getting nowhere with DW to harang me with why I didn't want to save money with their new rewards program. He wasted about 10 minutes of our time. I'm a man of few words and finally had to tell him in so many words what the definition of no was. If I get a followup survey they will get a 1 out of 10 on check-in. If this happens again we will just slip out and bypass the 'prom'!

We were there in August, and it was the most aggressive parking pass person I've ever run into, who had to get her supervisor to quiz me on why I didn't want to attend when I repeatedly said no.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there in August, and it was the most aggressive parking pass person I've ever run into, who had to get her supervisor to quiz me on why I didn't want to attend when I repeatedly said no.

We heading out to warmer weather for the winter on Tuesday. In the next four months we'll stay at 7 different Wyndham Resort prosperities. Usually they want us to attend a presentation at each resort. It's not that we're tired of receiving the Wyndham AMX cash cards, but the presentation have became a pain so we tell the parking pass Nazi that we just attended one. Usually they won't push it on us, but sometimes they do or call us to set an appointment. When they can't get us on the phone in the condo they call our cells. The parking pass Nazis are performance based and need to meet goals. . .

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We heading out to warmer weather for the winter on Tuesday. In the next four months we'll stay at 7 different Wyndham Resort prosperities. Usually they want us to attend a presentation at each resort. It's not that we're tired of receiving the Wyndham AMX cash cards, but the presentation have became a pain so we tell the parking pass Nazi that we just attended one. Usually they won't push it on us, but sometimes they do or call us to set an appointment. When they can't get us on the phone in the condo they call our cells. The parking pass Nazis are performance based and need to meet goals. . .

One of the first things I do when I enter the room is to disconnect the phones. I have never had them call me on the cell, but the first time they do they will be blocked.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
One of the first things I do when I enter the room is to disconnect the phones. I have never had them call me on the cell, but the first time they do they will be blocked.
same here. never had them bother us on our cells. only the rooms.

I'll either answer and set phone down and not hang up or just disconnect phones. Do that once and they don't call again. :)

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
same here. never had them bother us on our cells. only the rooms.

I'll either answer and set phone down and not hang up or just disconnect phones. Do that once and they don't call again. :)

Or.... You can have your account suspended and then they won't want you anywhere near the sales room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk