• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Vistana, what Buildings to NOT request

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a stay at Sheraton Vistana in several weeks; it went thru Pricleine.

So, I won't be able to make any specific requests, for what I believe will be a 1BR type unit.

That being said, some reviews mention considerable traffic noise. I think they mean on I-4, which as I look at maps might be behind Fountains II (?)

My previous Priceline reservations have often limited any requests that I want. So, assuming I can't ask to be put specifically into "....Cascades", "...Courts" or "..Palms", etc............

How should I phrase (fill in the blank)
"....can we get something NOT in the ------ or ---------- sections?"

Thanks,
Pat

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
One bedrooms are only in Lakes and Cascades. I would not request location, but one with a balcony. The one bedrooms with a balcony are larger. Check the Vistana site to see the room configurations.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
One bedrooms are only in Lakes and Cascades. I would not request location, but one with a balcony. The one bedrooms with a balcony are larger. Check the Vistana site to see the room configurations.

But couldn't the Lakes unit have a lot of traffic noise from I-4 ?

Pat

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Looking at the map, the Lakes abuts I4 along with Fountains II. If it is one of the quietest, the rest of the resort must be better.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think the OPs question was specific to traffic noise?

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the OPs question was specific to traffic noise?

Yes, it is specifically traffic noise that I am hoping to avoid.

And, I seem to THINK I read that Fountains II and Lakes would have the most traffic noise.

I have never been there---just trying to figure it out, before I go.

Pat

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
But couldn't the Lakes unit have a lot of traffic noise from I-4 ?

Pat

I own in Lakes and just recently stayed there. I concur, it was very quiet with no I-4 traffic noise. I have also found it to be one of the quietest places in the resort. Not only quiet, but within close walking proximity to the Fountains Pool (and Tacky Tiki bar) in addition to the small pool in the Lakes section.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own in Lakes and just recently stayed there. I concur, it was very quiet with no I-4 traffic noise. I have also found it to be one of the quietest places in the resort. Not only quiet, but within close walking proximity to the Fountains Pool (and Tacky Tiki bar) in addition to the small pool in the Lakes section.

As I look closer at the Lakes section---it looks like it has Buildings numbered #1 to #10.

As I see it, Building #6 might be the one closest to I-4, hence be a building that might have 'traffic noise'---maybe #7, too. And, Fountains #44, 45, 49, 50, 53,54,55.

Has anyone stayed in Lakes Building #6 (or 7)---or can comment on whether or not it might be noisy there?

Pat

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am under the impression that requests for buildings or phases cannot be made at any resort. Is this not corect?

I suppose you could be talking about requests at check in.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I stayed in the Cascades section once and the traffic noise from 535 was unbearable. I've been in Lakes several times and it is the quietest phase in the whole place.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
Pat,

You don't say what day of the week you are checking in, but that mostly determines the buildings you will be in (although I am starting to hear that even this rule gets bent occasionally). I think you already have the resort map, but the online version is here: https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-resort/map.
IF you are booked into a 1BR, you will be Lakes or Cascades as already stated. Lakes building six might get a little noise from I-4 but there is a fair buffer there compared to the back buildings in Fountains II. I would suggest you just go to Google maps earth view and zoom into the resort, you can easily see the distances involved. If you are checking in on Sunday, there is a chance you could be put in Lakes 6. However, the Sunday check-ins in Cascades are worse as two of the Sunday buildings front 535, and two front the main road through the resort. BTW the map indicates Friday in Red, Saturday in Blue, and Sunday in Green.

I would not call either of these sections "the quietest" in the resort. Lakes and Cascades are the newest phases, and have a much higher unit density than the older phases. With higher density comes higher noise; you are in a mid-rise building with elevators and lots of people coming and going. By far the quietest section of the resort is Falls, nestled in the back corner of the South side of the resort with spacious 2BR villas in 2 story buildings, it is a very serene atmosphere.

As far requests go, yes Vistana Resort accepts all requests from all types of guests through their Diamond Lane access. https://owner.vistana.com/services/diamond.jsp?propertyId=01 A couple of things with Diamond Lane; they will do their best to meet reasonable requests, and generally are able to do so, but it does get more difficult if you are travelling at peak season and the resort is truly full. Also, they do accept requests for assignment to a room outside your category (no upgrades from a 1BR to a 2BR). Also note that the definition of full at Vistana is not like a hotel. With many units held as deeded weeks (like ours), the resort cannot access those units even if the owner is a no show. If I don't arrive until Wed of my week, my own unit must be waiting for me. So sometimes when they say they are full, they look anything but full because of all the absentee owners.

Vistana Resort is our home resort and we have stayed about 8 times now. Between trade-backs and guests, I have had a chance to stay in or see many of the unit types at the resort. They are all very nice and well kept with top flight finishes, and the resort offers great amenities. It is the standard we hold all the other resorts we have stayed at up to, and most are wanting. Enjoy your stay!

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pat,

You don't say what day of the week you are checking in, but that mostly determines the buildings you will be in (although I am starting to hear that even this rule gets bent occasionally). I think you already have the resort map, but the online version is here: https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-resort/map.
IF you are booked into a 1BR, you will be Lakes or Cascades as already stated. Lakes building six might get a little noise from I-4 but there is a fair buffer there compared to the back buildings in Fountains II. I would suggest you just go to Google maps earth view and zoom into the resort, you can easily see the distances involved. If you are checking in on Sunday, there is a chance you could be put in Lakes 6. However, the Sunday check-ins in Cascades are worse as two of the Sunday buildings front 535, and two front the main road through the resort. BTW the map indicates Friday in Red, Saturday in Blue, and Sunday in Green.

I would not call either of these sections "the quietest" in the resort. Lakes and Cascades are the newest phases, and have a much higher unit density than the older phases. With higher density comes higher noise; you are in a mid-rise building with elevators and lots of people coming and going. By far the quietest section of the resort is Falls, nestled in the back corner of the South side of the resort with spacious 2BR villas in 2 story buildings, it is a very serene atmosphere.

As far requests go, yes Vistana Resort accepts all requests from all types of guests through their Diamond Lane access. https://owner.vistana.com/services/diamond.jsp?propertyId=01 A couple of things with Diamond Lane; they will do their best to meet reasonable requests, and generally are able to do so, but it does get more difficult if you are travelling at peak season and the resort is truly full. Also, they do accept requests for assignment to a room outside your category (no upgrades from a 1BR to a 2BR). Also note that the definition of full at Vistana is not like a hotel. With many units held as deeded weeks (like ours), the resort cannot access those units even if the owner is a no show. If I don't arrive until Wed of my week, my own unit must be waiting for me. So sometimes when they say they are full, they look anything but full because of all the absentee owners.

Vistana Resort is our home resort and we have stayed about 8 times now. Between trade-backs and guests, I have had a chance to stay in or see many of the unit types at the resort. They are all very nice and well kept with top flight finishes, and the resort offers great amenities. It is the standard we hold all the other resorts we have stayed at up to, and most are wanting. Enjoy your stay!

I check in Wednesday for a 2-night stay. So, I'm not sure how that would work with your F/Sa/Su Red/Blue/Green explanation above. Also, since it was booked thru Priceline, I don't think they'd want me asking too many requests. So far, I'm thinking of asking "....any chance of getting a room with a balcony?" (as suggested in a previous post).
Beyond that might be too much, but that's where I was going to ask for ONE of the two options--fill in the blank----"...Cascades" or "...Lakes". We like the 'quieter' parts of resorts, so the Lakes area might suit us. BUT, then I read about possible traffic noise.

Pat

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
So then I think slightly better odds of being placed in a Friday building since you will be departing the same day as the rest of the weekly stays and that is when the housekeeping team will be in that building - but that's the way I think, maybe not the way Vistana thinks. I do think that Lakes is the quieter of the two sections with 1BR villas, and that building 6 isn't really that noisy. It is a fair enough distance away from the I-4, I have been back behind there photographing birds on the lagoon behind Lakes 6 (is much more natural then the other ponds in the resort), and I don't recall the road noise being objectionable; but that kind of white noise doesn't usually bother me, so maybe I wasn't really listening for it?

Didn't realize this was only a two night stay, so that might affect their ability to place you in a request. Based on what you have stated, I would ask for Lakes, with a balcony if possible. If you get Lakes #6, then I hope the noise is not too bothersome. Another point is that Lakes 6 is perpendicular to the I-4 whereas the Fountains II buildings back onto the freeway. Should make a significant difference if you want to sleep with the windows open.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
So then I think slightly better odds of being placed in a Friday building since you will be departing the same day as the rest of the weekly stays and that is when the housekeeping team will be in that building - but that's the way I think, maybe not the way Vistana thinks. I do think that Lakes is the quieter of the two sections with 1BR villas, and that building 6 isn't really that noisy. It is a fair enough distance away from the I-4, I have been back behind there photographing birds on the lagoon behind Lakes 6 (is much more natural then the other ponds in the resort), and I don't recall the road noise being objectionable; but that kind of white noise doesn't usually bother me, so maybe I wasn't really listening for it?

Didn't realize this was only a two night stay, so that might affect their ability to place you in a request. Based on what you have stated, I would ask for Lakes, with a balcony if possible. If you get Lakes #6, then I hope the noise is not too bothersome. Another point is that Lakes 6 is perpendicular to the I-4 whereas the Fountains II buildings back onto the freeway. Should make a significant difference if you want to sleep with the windows open.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
For only a two night stay for a place you haven't been to, I wouldn't worry too much about what to or what not to request. Think of it as a surprise. You won't really know if there was a villa that was better or worse since you have nothing to compare it to at the resort.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
For only a two night stay for a place you haven't been to, I wouldn't worry too much about what to or what not to request. Think of it as a surprise. You won't really know if there was a villa that was better or worse since you have nothing to compare it to at the resort.

I'm just going to call a week ahead, and see if we can have "... a balcony", they may/not honor that request.