• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Poor Service at Atlantic City MVCI - what routes can we complain?

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are deeded owners at Ko Olina and we are executive level members through the destination club program. I am also a Marriott Rewards Gold member.

Recently, my wife, her sister, and her mother - went to the Atlantic City MVCI for a week. They encountered poor service and poor customer service, including that from one manager.

Who can they complain to? I do not mind if a private mail message is sent to me with a name and contact information of that person - perhaps a regional manager of MVCI resorts?

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are deeded owners at Ko Olina and we are executive level members through the destination club program. I am also a Marriott Rewards Gold member.

Recently, my wife, her sister, and her mother - went to the Atlantic City MVCI for a week. They encountered poor service and poor customer service, including that from one manager.

Who can they complain to? I do not mind if a private mail message is sent to me with a name and contact information of that person - perhaps a regional manager of MVCI resorts?
Are you talking about Marriott Fairway Villas in Absecon, New Jersey? We are owners there and have always been happy with the quality of service there. We would be shocked if this was the resort you were talking about....

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I would start with an email to the GM with whom they encountered a problem to give him/her a chance to explain, resolve, etc. If you're not satisfied with that response you can escalate to Customer Care via this contact information: Marriott Vacations Worldwide / Contact Us

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about Marriott Fairway Villas in Absecon, New Jersey? We are owners there and have always been happy with the quality of service there. We would be shocked if this was the resort you were talking about....

I am talking about this resort.

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would start with an email to the GM with whom they encountered a problem to give him/her a chance to explain, resolve, etc. If you're not satisfied with that response you can escalate to Customer Care via this contact information: Marriott Vacations Worldwide / Contact Us

No, they were turned off by that GM, so they really did not want to write to that GM. I would prefer not to go the generic contact information that you mentioned. I wonder if I can be provided a name and contact information of a MVCI regional manager, covering this and a few other regional resorts - assuming there such a regional manager exists.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Typically, Customer Care has a pretty good track record for delegating issues to the proper personnel for timely and correct handling, so for that reason I don't think it's necessary to have a single direct contact. Maybe somebody else here does?

Saying that, there are no doubt certain egregious one-off things that are definitely worthy of being escalated to MVW Executive Leadership. If you think your issue is one of these, you could contact Clifford Delorey (ExecVP and Chief Resort Experience Officer) using the Orlando office snail-mail address at the "Contact Us" link above.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Typically, Customer Care has a pretty good track record for delegating issues to the proper personnel for timely and correct handling, so for that reason I don't think it's necessary to have a single direct contact. Maybe somebody else here does?

Saying that, there are no doubt certain egregious one-off things that are definitely worthy of being escalated to MVW Executive Leadership. If you think your issue is one of these, you could contact Clifford Delorey (ExecVP and Chief Resort Experience Officer) using the Orlando office snail-mail address at the "Contact Us" link above.
We have always had superb service at this resort. Sorry to hear that OP had what I assume was a one-off experience.

Whoffner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Cyress Harbor, Marriott Grande Vista,
We were just there last week, everyone we encountered was very helpful and professional.

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score

Is there an email address of Mr. Delorey - that would be my preference.

We would indeed like to send a statement of complain to Mr. Delorey - preferably by email. Anyone knows his email address?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've never seen published email addresses for the BOD. You could try the usual format of >first.last@marriottvacationclubDOTcom< but I have no idea if you'll meet with success. In my opinion if an issue is egregious enough to escalate to the executive level, then the business standard of a written letter sent snail-mail is preferable if for no other reason than it conveys a seriousness that's sometimes missing in email.

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife (with me a MVCI executive level owner; I am a Marriott Rewards Gold member; she is a Marriott Rewards basic member) along with my wife's mother and my wife's sister stayed at a MVCI resort - that I had booked for them through an II accommodation certificate.

Very poor service and poor customer service - from one individual and also from the manager.

I emailed a letter which they composed, to Mr. Delorey - head of MVCI. He forwarded the email to a corporate customer care manager (question - what is a corporate customer care manager - is she more senior than the usual customer care individual dealing with MVCI complaints?).

She apologized for the poor service offered by these 2 individuals at this resort, and mentioned that they will take action - senior management has been contacted; they will in turn contact the 1 lower level individual and offer "training" to deal with these issues so that this does not happen again. I am not sure if the manager of this resort will also be contacted about this incident. I sent a follow up letter, subtly suggesting that they wanted compensation. A follow up letter offered 10,000 Marriott Rewards points.

Without going into the details of the incidents in a public forum, all I can say is that my family thought these actions were quite egregious. They and I feel that the these actions by MVCI senior management do not deal seriously enough with the problems (to be blunt, we feel they should be offering a more extensive compensation to assuage their feelings).

This customer service care manager has offered to speak to them; we will take her up on this offer. But what should we really expect in compensation - as proof that MVCI takes these incidents seriously enough so they will not happen again.

[Threads merged. <-- SueDonJ]

Last edited by a moderator:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you had posted about issues in an earlier thread, but without going into details. Without knowing the details, we really cannot comment as to how much "damage" was done by these 2 individuals at the resort. Even if you do provide the details, we all have different opinions as to how egregious the actions were indeed and what we would do if we were in your shoes.

We had horrible experience during our last stay at Westin Ka'anapali, probably the worst ever at any resort but we did not escalate up the corporate chain and just let it go on our return. It included a fraudulent attempt to hide a severe dent on the rental car that was caused by the valet and we wasted alot of time having to escalate to the local management while we were there and after several days finally reached management who met with us. He reviewed proof of the fraudulent action before acknowleging that the damage was indeed caused by their valet and gave us a card to be turned into the car rental company for Westin to settle the repair. We received no compensation nor any sort of formal apology, other than "Oh I see what you mean, yes, it looks like the valet caused the damage and I will go back to find out which valet caused it."

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's impossible for any of us to say what compensation might be due without knowing any of the specifics. I get that you don't want to get into it in this public forum but you have to understand how that limits our responses. Aside from that, it happens very rarely that we as individuals agree as a unified group on what constitutes egregious situations as well as whether or not and how much compensation is due.

The only thing that really matters is whether you're satisfied with the compensation that MVW has offered. I would say that in this case if you are not satisfied with the compensation after contacting a Director on MVW's BOD (i.e. Mr. Delorey who is VP and "Chief Resort Experience Officer," not "head of MVCI") you're probably looking at involving an attorney to get anything more than what's already been offered. Only you know if you're willing to take the risk for the reward.

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's impossible for any of us to say what compensation might be due without knowing any of the specifics. I get that you don't want to get into it in this public forum but you have to understand how that limits our responses. Aside from that, it happens very rarely that we as individuals agree as a unified group on what constitutes egregious situations as well as whether or not and how much compensation is due.

The only thing that really matters is whether you're satisfied with the compensation that MVW has offered. I would say that in this case if you are not satisfied with the compensation after contacting a Director on MVW's BOD (i.e. Mr. Delorey who is VP and "Chief Resort Experience Officer," not "head of MVCI") you're probably looking at involving an attorney to get anything more than what's already been offered. Only you know if you're willing to take the risk for the reward.

One way to know what should be expected from MVCI in our case, is to find out on this forum what sort of compensation others have received from MVCI for poor service.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is going to come across callous, since we do not know the context. I would say expectation should start from 0 compensation, anything else is a bonus. MVCI has decided 10K MRPs is sufficient compensation. If you want more, you need to speak with them directly.

wuv pooh

TUG Member
Reaction score
One way to know what should be expected from MVCI in our case, is to find out on this forum what sort of compensation others have received from MVCI for poor service.

I always let the resort determine the compensation. I simply state what happened and ask the GM if that is an appropriate way to treat a Marriott guest. They usually offer more than I would have asked for to make things right. Sometimes that is a free drink, dinner, or activity. Sometimes it is a gift basket and in one egregious case it was a refund of the reservation. Without knowing what happened it is hard to know. However, after you have left the resort, I think you are pretty much limited to MR points. There are not a lot of other things they can offer at that point.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
that I had booked for them through an II accommodation certificate.
I would complain through Interval. They are the ones that you paid money and expected excellent service from.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
As other's mentioned hard to tell and I believe that any compensation for issues is a bonus not an expected requirement.

All of the major issues I have witnessed at the check-in desk with managers seem to surround the name on the reservation. Obviously this is just a stab in the dark to try and understand your issue and offer suggestions. But, you mentioned "with me a MVCI executive level owner; I am a Marriott Rewards Gold member; she is a Marriott Rewards basic member) along with my wife's mother and my wife's sister stayed at a MVCI resort - that I had booked for them through an II accommodation certificate". I'm curious if you hold the ownership of the II account and thus needed a guest cert for your wife and didn't have one. If this was the root of your issues, then I'm going to go with 10,000 points is more than fair. If not the root of the issue, well then I'm not sure.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not really sure what the issue is, they are being rather secretive in their FlyerTalk thread too. Not much advice able to be offered up there since they won't disclose what really happened.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would stand by it that 10K MRP is more than generous given the lack of information. People cannot come to expect that by making noise, establishments are REQUIRED to compensate for anything.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I have to ask: WHY the big secret? :shrug:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I have to ask: WHY the big secret? :shrug:
I agree. It certainly seems that many people who start threads with cryptic, fact lacking scenarios often fear that their claims of "egregious" behavior may not be well taken by others, or that they are somehow culpable in some manner for the treatment they received, and don't want to be called out by TUGGERS.

Often they are looking for validation of their perceptions, without the necessary vetting of their claims. Not sure if that is the reason here, but it certainly makes no sense why all the facts wouldn't be presented, especially when they want to compare with other's experiences:

amanda14

Pool Education Team Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
"They encountered poor service and poor customer service, including that from one manager." " (to be blunt, we feel they should be offering a more extensive compensation to assuage their feelings)."

I'm curious - what is more extensive compensation that would assuage their feelings?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I understand asking for contact information if you think that something (good or bad) needs to be brought to MVW's attention, and I don't have a problem with people not wanting to plaster the details all over social media. I don't understand, though, criticizing the contact info that's been offered in response, or, asking questions that can't be answered because you're not sharing enough information. Honestly, every time I drop the link to MVW's Contact Info page in response to one of these questions, I say a little prayer that MVW doesn't end up hating me for sending someone unreasonable to them. :rolleyes: