• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Texas Loyal llc.

sucker John

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace
SCAM !!!!!! .....Long story .... said they were representing Victoria Secret (called V.S. had never heard of them .) They asked if i would sell my Right to use vacation weeks ,at to good to be true price. So after many weeks of trying to hammer out deal.I finely agreed to send , what was to be their commission ....... once received they would release fund to me. have not seen or heard from them sense .when I call phone #on their Web site i am connected to private res. with completely different # . I lost $ 877 not end of world SCAM!!!!!!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
SCAM !!!!!! .....Long story .... said they were representing Victoria Secret (called V.S. had never heard of them .) They asked if i would sell my Right to use vacation weeks ,at to good to be true price. So after many weeks of trying to hammer out deal.I finely agreed to send , what was to be their commission ....... once received they would release fund to me. have not seen or heard from them sense .when I call phone #on their Web site i am connected to private res. with completely different # . I lost $ 877 not end of world SCAM!!!!!!!
very sorry to read you were scammed, but sadly this has literally every major red flag in the book as a warning that this is a scam.

1. cold call
2. claim to represent some legitimate corporate entity
3. price too good to be true
4. asking you to send money

if this company is in the US...id report them to your local Atty Generals office, as well as the one for the state the phone number was listed in.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would seem that looking at their website might be a good start to determining a company's capabilities. This company's website must have been designed by a 5th grader. Misspelled words. Run-on sentences. Bad punctuation. Bizarre use of the English language. Additionally, there is no mention of the names of employees or principals. A true recipe for disaster, and a non-confidence builder. Sorry to hear your story, but thanks for putting it on the internet. You may help others in the future.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
So sorry you got scammed. They make up these scam websites by the dozen. The website below is probably related to the people who scammed you. Much of the verbiage is identical and a couple of the "testimonials" are the same.

http://carltonmcllc.com/HOME/

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
RX - I can't help but ask - how does one find these similar websites out of the thousands and thousands on the internet. There is no mention of a web host or designer. I'm dumbfounded.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Sorry for the delay. What I do is copy a sentence or two from somewhere in the scammer's website, usually the "About Us" page. Then paste to Google and other websites using that verbiage will show in the search. Sometimes the scammers steal verbiage from legit websites. Recently created websites are a big red flag, especially if they claim to be in business for many years. Check any website's created date at https://who.is/.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I copied and pasted and came up with another scammer site, most likely related. The website is http://brokerinvestmentsinco.com/HOME/.

The Copyright at the bottom of this website indicates 2007. However, the website was created less than one year ago. It too shares verbiage with the original scammer site. Finally, while the scammers want you to believe that they are located somewhere in the US they are most likely outside the US and have never set foot in the state they claim to be. In fact, Who.is reveals that this Broker Investment company's registrant is located in Mexico, certainly a long ways from Minnesota. Their "local" prefix is simply a VoIP (Internet phone number) that can be used anywhere in the world. Check if a VoIP number at http://www.searchbug.com/tools/landline-or-cellphone.aspx.