• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham transfer time

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
I've transferred 2 small contracts this year and once Wyndham received the deed it took them around 3 weeks to get it in my name. I have another one pending now and Wyndham has confirmed it was received 6 1/2 weeks ago but says they are still working on it. Is anyone else having this issue? I know they say it can take 6-8 weeks but has it taken that long with anyone else once Wyndham received the deed?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Around the holidays they really bog down. I had one last year that set on their desk from Nov. to Feb.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Wow. Guess I need to practice a little patience then

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a first time buyer....not sure if that takes longer. Purchased via resale from here on Sept 27th. Got my contract from Wyndham on Oct 29th, notarized and sent back the same day. Still waiting for it to close. It was a CWA so no land deeds to process.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Wyndham confirmed they got mine Oct 17th...

AriMorgan

TUG Member
Reaction score
CWA actually takes longer to process because you have to send a check and request to Wyndham for the transfer fee. Then they prepare the docs and send them to buyer and seller to sign then once they receive it back it usually takes 4-6 weeks from there. A recorded UDI deed in most cases can be recorded online which can take a week or two and then sent into Wyndham to update the account.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
CWA actually takes longer to process because you have to send a check and request to Wyndham for the transfer fee. Then they prepare the docs and send them to buyer and seller to sign then once they receive it back it usually takes 4-6 weeks from there. A recorded UDI deed in most cases can be recorded online which can take a week or two and then sent into Wyndham to update the account.

Guess that makes a lot of sense. Appreciate that insight. Thanks for the help.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Around the holidays they really bog down. I had one last year that set on their desk from Nov. to Feb.
I really hope mine does not take this long....

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
4 out of 5 of my contracts took 6-8 weeks. A couple that were within a day or two of the 8 week mark. Only one got done in less than 6 weeks, and then only by about 1 week less.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I had submitted a deed correction request on November 7th. I called last week (week 3), and they said it would take 3-4 weeks to process, and to try and call the following week. I called yesterday and at first, the woman told me they were busy, and that it would be 6 weeks. She put me on hold to see which batch they were processing. When she came back on the phone, she told me it would be 8 weeks. She said this was one of their busier times of year. I checked the website again today and it looks like the change took effect, so either they are now processing requests that came in around that time, or they moved me to the front. When I talked to her, she said they were working on the batch that came in on Nov 2nd.

I bought a resale back in early November. The deed was recorded on November 30th. I expect the ball is in Wyndham's court now. I don't expect them to be done before February.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
What number did you call? I am having a hard time getting thru to someone.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Try 1-866-812-9798 first (regarding a transfer). Main Wyndham number is 1-800-251-8736, with assorted "voice prompts".

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score

18002518736 opt 2 then opt 3 for deed, I had no problems calling that number with those options to get to the deed department and they could tell me the status of the transfer. Surprised both times I called no waiting on hold.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I made the mistake of calling the vip reservation #. I asked them for the correct # and they would not give it to me. The person told me they have all the information in front of them and no contract was recorded. Then he told me we record all conversations... Not sure what that was about but I hung up in fear that my account was going to be audited, again.. I did tell him I was not sure why he mentioned about the recording of calls a;;I wanted was a phone number.. Is there any thing else happening with Wyndham these days? My account should not be a flag as I have less than 1 million points..

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had submitted a deed correction request on November 7th. I called last week (week 3), and they said it would take 3-4 weeks to process, and to try and call the following week. I called yesterday and at first, the woman told me they were busy, and that it would be 6 weeks. She put me on hold to see which batch they were processing. When she came back on the phone, she told me it would be 8 weeks. She said this was one of their busier times of year. I checked the website again today and it looks like the change took effect, so either they are now processing requests that came in around that time, or they moved me to the front. When I talked to her, she said they were working on the batch that came in on Nov 2nd.

I bought a resale back in early November. The deed was recorded on November 30th. I expect the ball is in Wyndham's court now. I don't expect them to be done before February.

I purchased mine middle of October. Still nothing. Who did you purchase with? Maybe that matters..

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased mine middle of October. Still nothing. Who did you purchase with? Maybe that matters..

There are three steps to the transfer process. 1) a new deed is prepared and then signed by the seller (and in some locals, by the buyer 2) the deed is recorded, and 3) the new Lee recorded deed is sent to Wyndham to be transferred to the buyers account

Delays and mistakes can happen at any of the steps. Sometimes the seller takes time to sign, some counties do recordings electronically, and at some it's a manual process and sometimes Wyndham is swamped with transfers

San Francisco and National Harbor (Prince George's County Md.) are notoriously slow. At the end of the year Wyndham will do the contracts with expiring points ahead of those with no current years points to worry about

Also i happen to know that some of the transfer dept's resources are being used to work with some of the suspended accounts, taking them away from their regular duties.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

The deed correction I submitted myself. They had my mom as the primary user, when it should have been me since I own the contract. As far as I know, that didn't require any of the research that deed transfers take. That might be why it happened quicker. I am still waiting on the resale contract. That was beginning of November, but the seller did not get the notarized deed to the closing company until 23 days later. The closing company said they would record the deed that day, and send me a copy of the recorded deed. Have not heard back. I should probably follow up. It's been a week.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thanks. I made the mistake of calling the vip reservation #. I asked them for the correct # and they would not give it to me. The person told me they have all the information in front of them and no contract was recorded. Then he told me we record all conversations... Not sure what that was about but I hung up in fear that my account was going to be audited, again.. I did tell him I was not sure why he mentioned about the recording of calls a;;I wanted was a phone number.. Is there any thing else happening with Wyndham these days? My account should not be a flag as I have less than 1 million points..

That is odd. I have never heard them say the call is being recorded. In a lot of states, by law, both parties have to know call is being recorded. It's possible they implemented a new practice of recording calls, or maybe a new practice of telling people they are being recorded. It may not have nothing to do with the account audits or how many points you have. That could just be the optimistic side of me talking.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Well, the agent got back to me and told me the Deed got rejected by the county, because the notary signed in the wrong place. I saw where she stamped and it was all screwy. I'm not surprised. So they sent another copy to the seller to have it resigned and notarized. That will probably be another three weeks or so. :/. At least they are the ones paying the maintenance fees until it's transferred.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on Wyndham to close mine... Sept 27th purchased a CWA resell, they received the notarized paperwork on Oct 31st, sent it to processing on Nov 10th. Called again today and was told from this point it still may take 15 business days for it to finish this step. Guess as long as the seller keeps paying the MFs they aren't in a big rush.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
My points finally came through last week so it took Wyndham a little over 10 weeks. I called every week and every week they had a different excuse for me. When I called last week they lady put a "rush" on mine, I guess they finally ran out of excuses being on the 10th week and within two days my points were there.

Now I have two more to wait on haha. They are around the 5th & 7th weeks.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
My points finally came through last week so it took Wyndham a little over 10 weeks. I called every week and every week they had a different excuse for me. When I called last week they lady put a "rush" on mine, I guess they finally ran out of excuses being on the 10th week and within two days my points were there.

Now I have two more to wait on haha. They are around the 5th & 7th weeks.

Was it ten weeks in processing once they got the notarized copies back from the seller and you?

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Yes 10 weeks after Wyndham recieved it. They received it 10/19.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes 10 weeks after Wyndham recieved it. They received it 10/19.

Thanks guess I can plan on another 2 or 3 weeks before they actually do anything with mine.