• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

KatLin42

Reaction score
Hello!

We are currently staying at Bonnet Creek and went to a sales presentation on Thursday 11/17/16. After listening to all the B.S. our salesman was spewing, my husband fell hook line and sinker for the 'it will pay for itself' line . I'll admit, it sounded like a great deal with huge discounts, maintenance fees paying for themselves and being able to rent units for $2000 with no fees deducted by Wyndham!

I know, I know... we should have never been in that presentation, but I honestly did want to learn more about Wyndham as it has some awesome locations we want to try.

So now to the point of my post... After showing my husband everything I found on here (THANK YOU BTW), I've already drafted our cancelation letter and copied the first page of our contract to send to Wyndham Contact Recissions. I should thank Bonnet Creek for letting me print those items free of charge lol. I feel fairly confident that the process will work as it's supposed to thanks to reading everyone's posts on here, but my main concern is what to do with the items given during our purchase? We received an Amazon Fire tablet with a lot of the literature loaded on to it. What should I do with it? Does it need to go back with my letter?

Also, we were approved for a PayPal credit line for the entire purchase amount. Has anyone had any issues getting that credited back to $0?

Another stupid move on my part was trying to handle this immediately the next morning by going to the sales department and trying to give it back (the tablet). All that got me was another sit down with our salesman and him blatantly lying about the rescission period. He claimed it was 15 days repeatedly until I called him out and said the contract we signed clearly stated 10. He also gave me his cell number and asked I call him after work hours so he can give me all the tricks to making money of this 'investment' lol.

So now, we have our letter signed and ready to send and I've found a fax number as well. If anyone could advise as to what to do with all of our literature, I'd greatly appreciate it! I'd also appreciate any additional contact information to follow up this process such as emails or phone numbers.

Thanks again!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Send the letter Certified w/return receipt. I like adding the line, "Promotional material to be returned under separate cover." Then send back the tablet and all their stuff. Insured. And keep the receipt to prove that you did.

This is not their first rodeo. You will receive your deposit, and they should cancel the PayPal credit account. It can take up to 45 days.

Glad you found us in time. This lying about the rescission period looks like a new tactic to sink the hook a little deeper. Someone needs to get that in writing from one of the weasels for the FL atty. general. Of course they'd just fire him and say he's a rogue and that's not official policy. He'd be working at another resort that afternoon.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Jim

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just think about all the tens of thousands of dollars you just saved. Timeshares work great if you know how to use them. If you decide to buy, buy resale off this website, eBay, etc. But before you do ask questions and understand what you are doing. . .

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to that WBC timeshare presentation. My offer started at 400K points for $100,000. Then we were offered 105K points for $18,000. Then we were offered EOY 105K for $10,000. We came home and I paid $610 closed for 210K EOY for WBC.

KatLin42

Reaction score
We went to that WBC timeshare presentation. My offer started at 400K points for $100,000. Then we were offered 105K points for $18,000. Then we were offered EOY 105K for $10,000. We came home and I paid $610 closed for 210K EOY for WBC.
That's awesome! We signed for 126,000 with 274,000 bonus points and VIP for two years for just under 20,000!! Hence why we are rescinding, researching and buying resale in the future.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
That's awesome! We signed for 126,000 with 274,000 bonus points and VIP for two years for just under 20,000!! Hence why we are rescinding, researching and buying resale in the future.

congrats on saving all the money! PS. you will love wyndham once you purchase resale and you get all the same benefits/resorts.

welcome

Joe236

Reaction score
Ok, so it looks like we just pretty much got the same deal, and after feeling like we were pressured into moving on a deal that would not be there later, we caved. Knowing during the signing I had 5 days to cancel allows me to come home and regroup. My question is how do I go about getting the same package/better on the resale area. They made it sound we could only get to VIP if we purchase 400,000 points and the only way to get the Wyndham Club Access was through them.

I guess I should be rescinding as well it seems.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
is vip worth overpaying by tens of thousands of dollars?

Joe236

Reaction score
Probably not. I am trying to read everything I can now, and figure this all out. My head was spinning after this sale.....They were so quick to book a room using this promotional points they gave us. This will be a tough one to tell the wife that great unit in Destin will go away. I am looking around online and looks like I can find a similar point package from under $600-900 probably better with patience. Excuse my ignorance please......but can you still get access to the (APR) Advanced Reservation Priority program buying re-sell? I am looking now, but haven't got that far.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the fact that you feel rushed and still have questions is a perfectly (and suggested) reason to rescind.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, so it looks like we just pretty much got the same deal, and after feeling like we were pressured into moving on a deal that would not be there later, we caved. Knowing during the signing I had 5 days to cancel allows me to come home and regroup. My question is how do I go about getting the same package/better on the resale area. They made it sound we could only get to VIP if we purchase 400,000 points and the only way to get the Wyndham Club Access was through them.

I guess I should be rescinding as well it seems.

The only way to get to VIP is through them. You can buy Club Wyndham Access resale, with all the benefits of Club Wyndham Access except VIP privileges, Club Pass, and RCI Points, none of which are likely worth the cost of admission.

Joe236

Reaction score
Okay....I maybe dumb but what exactly does it mean when it says "ADDRESSED TO THE OTHER CONTRACTING PARTY AS SHOWN ON THIS AGREEMENT" Who all do I send it to besides Wyndham at 10750 WEST CHARLESTON BOULEVARD?

"PURCHASER'S NONWAIVABLE RIGHT TO CANCEL". NOTICE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THIS AGREEMENT WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF
THIS AGREEMENT. CANCELLATION MUST BE IN WRITING AND IF SENT BY MAIL TO WYNDHAM VACATION RESORTS, INC., ATTENTION: ACCOUNT SERVICING OPERATIONS -RESCISSION DEPARTMENT AT: P.O. BOX 94443, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89193 OR 10750 WEST CHARLESTON BOULEVARD, SUITE 130, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89135. ADDRESSED TO THE OTHER CONTRACTING PARTY AS SHOWN ON THIS AGREEMENT, CANCELLATION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED AT THE MOMENT THE LETTER IS POSTMARKED. IF SENT BY MAIL, THE LETTER MAY BE CERTIFIED WITH A RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL CANNOT BE WAIVED."

Ready to try and mail this off tomorrow or Wednesday. Not sure when the agreement actually started since it was signed Sunday afternoon 27 NOV 16. Thanks again for saving my butt tons of cash.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay....I maybe dumb but what exactly does it mean when it says "ADDRESSED TO THE OTHER CONTRACTING PARTY AS SHOWN ON THIS AGREEMENT" Who all do I send it to besides Wyndham at 10750 WEST CHARLESTON BOULEVARD?

"PURCHASER'S NONWAIVABLE RIGHT TO CANCEL". NOTICE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THIS AGREEMENT WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF
THIS AGREEMENT. CANCELLATION MUST BE IN WRITING AND IF SENT BY MAIL TO WYNDHAM VACATION RESORTS, INC., ATTENTION: ACCOUNT SERVICING OPERATIONS -RESCISSION DEPARTMENT AT: P.O. BOX 94443, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89193 OR 10750 WEST CHARLESTON BOULEVARD, SUITE 130, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89135. ADDRESSED TO THE OTHER CONTRACTING PARTY AS SHOWN ON THIS AGREEMENT, CANCELLATION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED AT THE MOMENT THE LETTER IS POSTMARKED. IF SENT BY MAIL, THE LETTER MAY BE CERTIFIED WITH A RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL CANNOT BE WAIVED."

Ready to try and mail this off tomorrow or Wednesday. Not sure when the agreement actually started since it was signed Sunday afternoon 27 NOV 16. Thanks again for saving my butt tons of cash.

The "OTHER CONTRACTING PARTY" is Wyndham. If you send the rescission to that Las Vegas address, they will process your rescission. You can send the promotional materials to the same address in a seperate box.

vlt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm chiming in here to say that today I received, via email, our confirmation to rescind - yay!

My husband and I 'purchased' Wyndham timeshares while on vacation and afterwards felt we had made a mistake so I did an online search looking for info about it all and THANKFULLY found this site and joined. The information I found here guided me with our rescind letter in time and now we're just waiting for our refund plus instruction on what to do with the FIRE tablet as I had asked in the letter.

Next step - study all the info available here. :D

Virginia
Canada

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> ...we're just waiting for our refund plus instruction on what to do with the FIRE tablet as I had asked in the letter. <snip>

Wyndham is legally obligated (by established state law) to process your timely cancellation and issue a 100% deposit refund (although it could lawfully take up to 45 days to receive the refund). However, they are under no obligation to further communicate with you or reply to your letter --- they may very well do neither.

You might consider sending the tablet back pronto, rather than discover later that they have unilaterally deducted an inflated retail value for it from your refund.

Joe236

Reaction score
Rescission letter just sent off certified /return receipt. I just noticed that it says expected delivery 3 Dec(Saturday) Did I mess up since no one will probably be there to sign? It is when I post mark it correct? I assume I did the letter right.....just said On Contract number ### we are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract, and expect full refund. Signed both the wife and myself.

Thanks again for all the information here. I think I will purchase again on the resell market, but have to find a package that is right for us....but I am sure I will not spend $20k!!!! LoL found this place just in time it appears.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescission letter just sent off certified /return receipt. I just noticed that it says expected delivery 3 Dec(Saturday) Did I mess up since no one will probably be there to sign? It is when I post mark it correct? I assume I did the letter right.....just said On Contract number ### we are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract, and expect full refund. Signed both the wife and myself. <snip>

All that matters is the USPS postmark date on your rescission correspondence. It matters not one bit when the correspondence is actually delivered.
This is one reason to have used certified mail --- hard copy proof of postmark date was issued to you right then and there at the USPS counter. Well done! :clap:

KatLin42

Reaction score
I'm chiming in here to say that today I received, via email, our confirmation to rescind - yay!

My husband and I 'purchased' Wyndham timeshares while on vacation and afterwards felt we had made a mistake so I did an online search looking for info about it all and THANKFULLY found this site and joined. The information I found here guided me with our rescind letter in time and now we're just waiting for our refund plus instruction on what to do with the FIRE tablet as I had asked in the letter.

Next step - study all the info available here. :D

Virginia
Canada

We just received ours as well! I forgot to post updates on here as we went but I faxed my lettter and sent a certified copy. The recission was complete before they even received my mailed copy.

I verified everything a few days before receiving the letter by calling account services. I specifically asked the amount credited back (which was correct) and what to do with the Amazon Tablet and Dream Book etc. The woman spoke to a supervisor and assured me that everything was complete and the promo items were ours and we can 'give them to a friend interested in Wyndham' lol. I'm going to verify the funds have been replaced with my financial institution and as long as that is the case, I'll keep the tablet and give it to my kids!

Congrats on getting out in time as well!

KatLin42

Reaction score
Rescission letter just sent off certified /return receipt. I just noticed that it says expected delivery 3 Dec(Saturday) Did I mess up since no one will probably be there to sign? It is when I post mark it correct? I assume I did the letter right.....just said On Contract number ### we are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract, and expect full refund. Signed both the wife and myself.

Thanks again for all the information here. I think I will purchase again on the resell market, but have to find a package that is right for us....but I am sure I will not spend $20k!!!! LoL found this place just in time it appears.

Sorry I'm just seeing all of this!
I'm sure a weight has been lifted off your shoulders as well!

As I posted above, I sent a fax and a certified copy. My certified copy actually got delayed but that is irrelevant as the postmark date is what counts. Be patient. Once they receive the letter, it seems they get the rescission done quickly. I had a confirmation letter emailed to me within a week. I'm waiting to verify funds have been replaced, but the woman I spoke to had said they were en route and to keep whatever promotional material we would like and to destroy our contracts etc.

We will also be researching and buying resale in the future. Congrats!

Joe236

Reaction score
Got my email today. Contract terminated! Thanks too all who helped......now to figure out how many points i really need and find a good deal.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
Got my email today. Contract terminated! Thanks too all who helped......now to figure out how many points i really need and find a good deal.
congrats! That has to feel good.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
outstanding!