• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

College Football

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
replay should be about getting the call correct on the field, and should include all major penalties.

They'd have to plan five hours for games. :rolleyes:

It's entertainment after all, not something important:D. There're human beings involved so mistakes happen. Football doesn't mean a whole lot in the big picture.

IMHO, when ratings go down like is happening in the No Fun League, replay will get less attention since people are getting tired of endless interruptions and will tune out of tv and stop attending games.

Cheers.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
They'd have to plan five hours for games. :rolleyes:

whens the last time you DIDNT see a bad call not only pointed out...but explained by the TV announcers right then and there well before the next play even happened. everyone keeps saying itll extend the games, but fans get far more upset at bad calls than an extra 30min added to a football game.

It's entertainment after all, not something important:D. There're human beings involved so mistakes happen. Football doesn't mean a whole lot in the big picture.

refs at the college and pro level get paid, they are not volunteers.

IMHO, when ratings go down like is happening in the No Fun League, replay will get less attention since people are getting tired of endless interruptions and will tune out of tv and stop attending games.

Cheers.

I dont think thats the reason why folks are growing weary of watching games, or starting to dislike what the NFL is turning into.

Reactions: am1

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ref at the NFL level are paid very well.
The average for a NFL ref in 2013 was $173,000 and will go up to $201,000 in 2019 ( this will be the average salary).

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't care what you're paid, nobody's perfect.

Replay is ok but when I'm sitting in a stadium while the ref takes time to stand around waiting for review while I observe pigeons flying around for lack of anything else to do, it gets old pretty fast. The suggestion to review every major play means more pigeon watching than I care to do.

Cheers

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i agree, i think there should be a time limit on replay review.

if the ref has been provided all the possible camera angles and cant tell if it was the right call or not within a few seconds...the call should stand.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i agree, i think there should be a time limit on replay review.

if the ref has been provided all the possible camera angles and cant tell if it was the right call or not within a few seconds...the call should stand.

Just for clarity, in college, the ref is just standing there waiting for some anonymous person in the press box to make a decision. That said, a time limit for review is an excellent idea.

Cheer

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its easy to see the annoying ones...where even the announcers are debating if it was one way or the other....in those situations i have no problem whatsoever for the call to stand.

im only referring to things that are so blatantly obvious as bad calls (like even ones all 80,000 people in the stands can see was a bad call on the jumbotron)....and there are those in nearly every single game.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
So who will win the OSU - Clemson game? I want to buy a plane ticket to go down there but don't want to wait until Jan 1 to try. I also don't want to see Alabama play Clemson as I did last year so I need to know who will win that game.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
So who will win the OSU - Clemson game? I want to buy a plane ticket to go down there but don't want to wait until Jan 1 to try. I also don't want to see Alabama play Clemson as I did last year so I need to know who will win that game.

Right now, Ohio St is favored by 3. But, you probably already knew that. I'd like to know who on here you trust making this kind of prediction on a Timeshare web site??? Perhaps they can help you out... :)

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Right now, Ohio St is favored by 3. But, you probably already knew that. I'd like to know who on here you trust making this kind of prediction on a Timeshare web site??? Perhaps they can help you out... :)

Really just curious what you all are thinking I really don't know how OSU is in it again. I watched them squeak by a couple teams. I've read and heard that beating Oklahoma then holding their own in the Big 10 did it for them.

Washington took another course, played easy out of conference games then won their conference incurring only one loss on the way, and most of them convincing wins.

I only saw one Clemson game this year near the end of the season and they looked pretty good.

If most of the peeps who follow this closer than I do all say one of them will win I can use that for an excuse to make a move.

So let's hear who you all think will win the OSU-Clemson game.

I think Alabama will win the other one and go on to win the next one too.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really just curious what you all are thinking I really don't know how OSU is in it again. I watched them squeak by a couple teams. I've read and heard that beating Oklahoma then holding their own in the Big 10 did it for them.

Washington took another course, played easy out of conference games then won their conference incurring only one loss on the way, and most of them convincing wins.

I only saw one Clemson game this year near the end of the season and they looked pretty good.

If most of the peeps who follow this closer than I do all say one of them will win I can use that for an excuse to make a move.

So let's hear who you all think will win the OSU-Clemson game.

I think Alabama will win the other one and go on to win the next one too.

Not sure who will win as after such a long time off things happen. But I will be hoping that osu losses.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, since the Big 10 is the premier conference in the land (I just looked at the rankings), I would think that indicates Ohio St., right??? :thumbup: LOL

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One OSU hater and one for OSU with his tongue in his cheek. Brian?? you have a pick?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
lol..i cant stand OSU...

well, more specifically urban meyer.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am predicting an upset either Alabama or Ohio State.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the Cleveland Browns should be in the college playoff so they don't end the year 0-16.

Cheers

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had two extra tix to a Browns game so I left them under my windshield wipers with a note "free." When I got back to the car after the game there were 8 more left there with mine.

As bad as it seems, I don't think any college team would stand a chance against any NFL team. I think it would be like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
As bad as it seems, I don't think any college team would stand a chance against any NFL team. I think it would be like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Absolutely. It always makes me chuckle when rabid fans of some college team think their team could compete with any NFL team. It would be a blowout.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
someone once pointed out that even the BEST college team has maybe a handful of NFL level talent at the most...

while even the worst NFL team has its entire roster as NFL level talent.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
while even the worst NFL team has its entire roster as NFL level talent.

Well, maybe not the "entire" Cleveland roster:D

But they would definitely win against any College team.

Cheers

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, since the Big 10 is the premier conference in the land (I just looked at the rankings), I would think that indicates Ohio St., right??? :thumbup: LOL
Ok, I'm going on your prediction and booking a flight.

Last night I checked Spirit Air and round trip was $76 to Orlando. I couldn't pass it up. If someone buys my package of tix and lodging I'll still make the trip to visit friends. If the pkg doesn't sell, I'll have an extra ticket for the game.

I'll be staying for seven night on Anna Marie Island at Resort 66 in Holmes Beach, a Bluegreen resort on the water. Should be a good trip.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score

Last night I checked Spirit Air and round trip was $76 to Orlando. I couldn't pass it up. If someone buys my package of tix and lodging I'll still make the trip to visit friends. If the pkg doesn't sell, I'll have an extra ticket for the game.

I'll be staying for seven night on Anna Marie Island at Resort 66 in Holmes Beach, a Bluegreen resort on the water. Should be a good trip.

If osu wins then the tickets are going to sell for more. Sounds like either way you will have a good time.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score

Great... We'll both be pulling Ohio St. through this year! Seriously, good luck. Hopefully this year's plan will work exactly how you want it to.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bowls start today. Pumphrey from SDSU goes for NCAA all-time rushing record against Houston in the LV bowl.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk