• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gas Prices Are Going Up In Tidewater(Coastal) Virginia

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last Sunday (11/27/2016) I paid $1.79 for a gallon of regular gas at the Kroger gasoline station. Today (12/4/2016) the price was $1.95 per gal for regular gas at the Kroger gas station. What is causing the rise in gasoline prices.

The other gas stations in the area are all over $2.00 per gal for regular gas.

What are the gas prices in your area (Up or Down) ?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Gas at my local Kroger (King Soopers) was $1.89 yesterday, and that was the lowest I have seen it around here for several months.

Kurt

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oil has gone through the roof due to an OPEC agreement. Notice the price went up within hours.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Oil has gone through the roof due to an OPEC agreement. Notice the price went up within hours.
I wouldn't say they are through the roof. The price is up about $6 since the OPEC deal. We usually know how well those deals hold together, and when the price creeps above $50, US producers start to ramp up again.

When the OPEC announcement came, prices actually came down around here. Though prices have been hovering between $1.90 and $2.20 recently.

Rumpled

Reaction score
My local prices in SoCal have been hovering around $2.60-2.80. Probably all go above $3 now.
I wish mine would go up to $2

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've possibly bottomed out just above $2. if the price of crude goes up, the retail price of gas will bounce up pronto. That's how it works. When it goes up, it increases by dimes, and when it goes down, it's by a penny or two.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The gas price at $2 per gallon ($0.50 per liter) is way less than the majority of counties around the world. Check this
http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

Understood. Sad as it may be, the U.S. gov't has gone to war to assure low gas (petrol) prices. Gotta run those monster SUV's on something. Driving a hybrid here is a political statement, not a necessarily a practicality. If the gov't didn't give tax credits for buying a hybrid, there'd be even less reason to have one.

Jim

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Around 2.07 here today but with oil over $52 bbl now, we can expect it to go up more. The $2.07 is up about $.04 gal from two weeks ago.

Last edited:

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they are through the roof. The price is up about $6 since the OPEC deal. We usually know how well those deals hold together, and when the price creeps above $50, US producers start to ramp up again.

When the OPEC announcement came, prices actually came down around here. Though prices have been hovering between $1.90 and $2.20 recently.

We can argue whether 15% in two days is through the roof, but it is the reason for gas prices going up. The future is certainly up for debate. Our opinion matters little compared to the Saudi's opinion.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Higher gas prices maybe will slow the high sales of new automobiles and travel for 2017.