• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are all these timeshare phone call companies violating Do Not Call?

akp

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I get 3-4 calls a week from the guys offering to rent out my timeshare for ridiculous amounts of money. I always ignore the calls but occasionally one of the kids answers and I lose a minute of my life to these goofballs.

Today I was reading someone else's post and I realized that if I'm on the Do Not Call registry, and I'm not doing business with these guys, are they violating Do Not Call? I'm going to do some research now about how to turn them in if so, but if anyone knows or has experience with making these people stop calling by reporting them, please post.

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel for you. We are on the do not call list AND we have one of those devices that automatically hangs up if it is an auto-dial call. Its great - I don't even have to check caller id any more before answering the phone.

elaine

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get these calls every now and then. Usually I just hang up. Today I listened to the whole thing, about 1 minute. At the end it said "Press 8 to be removed". We will see!!

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, you may actually be doing business with their network and not even be aware.. It's not unusual for there to be very confusing relationships between what may seem like totally different companies, which ultimately creates an intricate web of networked groups. By doing business with one entity, you may have unknowingly agreed that your personal information can be shared and distributed among their "network" of companies..

It can often be VERY enlightening to research businesses by the principle partners.. For example-

Visit this page with info posted about Timeshare Relief.
http://www.cubestat.com/www.timesharerelief.com

It's shows the name of Chad Newbold. Then, perform a corporation search on www.sunbiz.org by officer or registered agent. Write down the company names that come up along with other company officers and agents that are listed.. Then, search the other names you found and add those companies to your list.. More searches lead to even more companies and even more names.. You'll be amazed at how many you actually end up finding!

Here are a few examples...

BOATCLUB.COM, INC
BOLD VENTURES, LLC
BULLISH INVESTMENTS, LLC
CAREFREE JOURNEYS, LLC
MADECCA PARK INVESTMENTS, LLC
MADECCA PARK, INC
MAGIC VACATION TITLE, LLC.
MNR HOLDINGS, LLC
MNT DEVELOPMENT, LLC
PREMIER SITE ACQUISITIONS, LLC
PROMISE VENTURES, LLC
QUID, LLC
RENT-A-WEEK, INCORPORATED
ROBERTS LAW GROUP
SCOTT ROBERTS ESCROW & CLOSING CO.
SQI 1031 EXCHANGE SERVICES, LLC
SQI 1031 TITLE HOLDINGS, LLC
STRATEGIS COMPANY, LLC
THE STRATEGIS COMPANIES, INC
THE TIMESHARE GROUP, LLC
TIMESHARE CLOSING SERVICES, INC.
TIMESHARE PARTNERS, LLC
TIMESHAREWEB.COM, LLC
TITLE OUTLET, INC
TRAVEL EXCLUSIVE, LLC
UNCLE MIKES INVENTORY, INC
VACATION INNOVATIONS, LLC
VACATION PARTNERSHIP, INC
VANDER GROUP, INC
VESCO GROUP,LLC
VESCO SERVICES,LLC
VI NETWORK, INC.
VI NETWORK, LLC
VIN BG, LLC
VIN NY NY, LLC
VIN WG, LLC
VIN WVO,LLC
ZAC, LLC

Can you imagine how many you might find if you could also search other states and even other countries?

Now- there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with successful entrepreneurs having many different business ventures- and one venture may have absolutely no working relationship with another.. The idea of a successful "renaissance man" with a wide range of interests and knowledge has long been a very respected trait in our culture!

But- if you are simply considering the possibility that client information can possibly be shared among a network of interrelated businesses, it certainly seems possible that a timeshare owner could have accepted a privacy notice and unknowingly given permission for networked affiliates to contact them!

If the calls are really upsetting you, by all means try all reasonable and legal means to stop them! But, you may find that stopping them isn't easy at all.. It may not even be feasible to expect to be able to avoid them unless you live in a bubble with no contact to the outside world!

As a consumer, your best option is always to try and educate yourself about the product or industry BEFORE YOU SPEND YOUR MONEY! When you get a call or email for a product or service you don't feel has any value to you, simply say no and hang up- or hit that magic X that deletes the message! If you think the product or service may have some value- take you time.. Research, learn, ask questions.. One amazing thing about sales- those one-time offers are usually still available a few weeks later!

Consumers should always remember that it's not unusual for a "free" offer, a "free" website, or even an "advocacy", "consumer help", or "complaint" site to in reality be a lead generation system for a much more profitable business model...

yoohoo

Reaction score
If you happen to talk one of them, you can ask to be put on their do not call list. They need to have one. If they do not have one, you can report them to the FTC and sue them in small claims court for $500.

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Richardm, you have a good point.

Three key points from the text of the FCC page:

- An established business relationship (EBR) is only in effect for 18 months after your last transaction or 3 months after your last inquiry.

- Your request (to be removed from a company's call list) should also stop calls from affiliated entities if you would reasonably expect them to be included, given the identification of the caller and the product being advertised.

- The Caller ID display must include a phone number that you can call during regular business hours to ask that the company no longer call you. This rule applies even if you have an EBR with the company, and even if you have not registered your home phone number(s) on the national Do-Not-Call list

Last edited:

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great info akp! Thanks for this post!

Please continue to share what you find out and how long the FCC system takes to respond. I'm sure this thread will be plagued with "Sue Them!" responses that while perhaps being therapeutic, aren't either reasonable or viable for the average timeshare owner.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Device"???

...we have one of those devices that automatically hangs up if it is an auto-dial call.

Please forgive my ignorance, but can you further describe in a bit more explanatory detail this "device", where / how it's sold, its' approximate cost? Would appreciate a little education on this. Thanks in advance...

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rick from Timeshare Resale HUNG UP on me!

I got the first timeshare call since I read all the do-not-call literature, so I was prepared. When a guy named Rick called today, I immediately said "I'm on the do not call list; may I have your call back number?" and he hung up on me!

I called the number on the caller ID, got a nice rep, explained to her that I would be filing a complaint if I get another call, and asked to be removed from their list. She was very apologetic about my being hung up on and removed me immediately from the list.

We'll see if that works :)

Anita

DianneL

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Annoying Calls

I get these also. And, the call that says you can punch "8" and be removed. NOT. I have done that several times and have received the same call multiple times since then.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I have a cordless phone which allows me to block up to 20 numbers of my choice.
When the phone rings, if I don't recognize the Caller-ID, I let it go to voice-mail.
If there's no message or its not someone I know, [:plonk:] into the blocked call
bucket it goes. So far, I actually only have five spots used up.

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm having a lot of fun with my timeshare calls now :)

I just got my 2nd call since I learned the law. GMAC this time.

I immediately asked him "I am on the do not call list. Are you aware that this call violates the Do Not Call legislation?" He answered in a very nervous sounding voice and promised to take me immediately off their list. I was very polite, but I explained that I feel I'm being very patient in giving his company this free pass, but if I get another call from them I will file a complaint. (They pay a hefty fine if they're found to be in violation.)

While he wasn't rude enough to hang up, he could not get off the phone with me fast enough :)

Can't wait for the next one because I realized today I'm being silly in giving any of them a free pass. Next guy gets nailed with a formal complaint :)

Anita

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just had another ding dong hang up on me.

This call was from Island One Resorts, a new one. I get the same companies over and over). The launched into a lengthy and extremely "too good to be true" spiel about getting 4 weeks of vacation at 4 or 5 star resorts for only $199.

I interrupted and asked where she got my name and number. She claimed she got them from Bluegreen (where I own). I said I doubted that, informed her I'm on do not call, and asked for her callback number.

Just like the guy a few weeks ago, she hung up on me! I called the number from my caller id and reached the company, though the message was very very vague - it didn't identify the company by name. It did say to leave your information on the machine if you want to be removed from their mailing list.

I just filled out the Do Not Call violation form for this one :)

Anita

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still looking...

Please forgive my ignorance, but can you further describe in a bit more explanatory detail this "device", where / how it's sold, its' approximate cost? Would appreciate a little education on this. Thanks in advance...

Got no prior response regarding the alleged "device" which reportedly screens and hangs up on "auto-dialed" calls, so I am trying again...

I have yet to find anyone who has any idea what I'm even talking about when I inquire in the electronics / telephone equipment departments of various stores. Was the posting just a joke I naively fell for? :shrug:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lucky guy...

We have never had any calls at all from timeshare people in the 23 years we have owned timeshares.

You, sir, are clearly living a charmed life... ;)

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
telezapper

I am so sorry that I lost track of this thread. The device that we have is called a telezapper. I remember that we found about it from a friend. It is available on the internet at www.telezapper.com. I do not remember the price, but I believe that it is about $50 and you can buy it directly from the company or through Amazon.

Hope this helps!

elaine

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
It does no good to ignore the calls. They have your number on an automatic dialer and will continue to call until you answer.

What works for me is to say, "I'm on the Do-Not-Call List. I have your number on my caller ID. May I please have your name so that I can report you?" They always hang up and seldom call back :hysterical:

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got another one today :)

This was TN Consultants at 954-482-4075.

This was the "let me help you get your money back after you were taken advantage of by those guys who call all the time" kind. So if the other guys are sleazy, these are double sleazy.

I told this guy I was on Do Not Call and that I report all of the timeshare guys that call. He said "but your number is available online". I asked him WHERE online exactly? Like Google? he said, no just online.

Whatever.

I reported him on the FCC Do Not Call website.

I did google HIS phone number and saw that it is a known timeshare scam phone number. They charge you $200 for some book that teaches you how to ask for your money back.

I also saw a Craiglist ad with that phone number recruiting for "marketing consultants". I pity the poor fool who answers that ad...