• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG Member Banner travels the world! (photos)

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
soon as the person gets the banner and takes the pic...its off to the next person.

if there isnt enough gap...the banner will be mailed to the resort the person is staying at (happened once or twice already)

Yes, but is the next address included with the banner? How is this info obtained or is it mailed back to TUG to be mailed to the next person. That would cost TUG a lot in postage that way wouldn't it?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i have been pm'ing / emailing the next persons contact info to the individuals with the banner.

the banner has yet to come back...postage should be under 5 bucks...but for those members who had to spend more than 10 or so dollars I have been granting membership extensions.

taffy19

Reaction score
Great photo and wonderful web site too as it is helpful and informative. The banner is a clever idea and should make some people wonder what it is all about. :)

When we sat on the plane back from Mexico, I talked to a couple who almost bought at the Mayan Palace but were smart enough to walk away and tell them that they had to think it over. They really liked the resort so I told them about the re-sales that are available and gave them the name of TUG full out and asked them to Google it. I wished it would have been www.tug.com so I would have remembered the link. :eek: Would it work? I will try right now. :p I wonder if they have had a chance to stop by here? At least, they didn't get burned.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
tug2.net is relatively easy to remember no?

tug2.com will also take them to the homepage as well.

taffy19

Reaction score
tug2.net is relatively easy to remember no?

tug2.com will also take them to the homepage as well.
Yes, it is IF you pay attention to what the URL address is. The word "TUG" is in my "link" bar and that's what I click on when I want to go to this forum. I will try to remember. :)

www.tugbbs.com is easy to remember too now I paid attention. :p

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
no..i just kinda fell behind in "bolding" the other ones...sorry!

No problem...just wanted to make sure I was not supposed to do something...NO "sorry " necessary!

You fell behind...I wonder why? This must be very time consuming...If there is any way I can help via computer when I am not on vacation, just email me or PM me or post, I'd be happy to help...I spend too much time on computer reading about vacations anyway...LOL

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is IF you pay attention to what the URL address is. The word "TUG" is in my "link" bar and that's what I click on when I want to go to this forum. I will try to remember. :)

www.tugbbs.com is easy to remember too now I paid attention. :p

I must not pay attention either, as I have told many people on vacation and just said TUG, but now I have paid attention, so tug2.net....I think I'll remember now...I think we all bookmark sites and such so do not pay attention....so you are no the only one iconnections.....:eek:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
drat....well we have had our first hiccup.

it appears that the banner did not arrive at luv2vacations home before they left for vacation...and sadly they wont return in time to ship the banner to swft in time either I dont believe.

I think we will need to implement a "week gap" inbetween the banner usage dates to avoid this in the future.

Ill have to go back through and see what we can do...this really is disappointing :(

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh this is disappointing....is anyone checking luv2cacations mail, amybe they could do a favor and send it on for them...just a thought....

Looks like you may have to do a week gap.....

or another suggestion, a third emergency banner, I know not ideal but just a suggestion

Sorry this has happened...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sadly their mail is being held at the post office while they are gone...and the PO wont release mail except to the homeowners.

I think probably implementing a week gap between shipments would work out best...that way noone feels rushed to get to the post office etc...and or has to fork out anything more than a few dollars to mail the banner using regular methods.

Black Diamond

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Black Diamond at Silverleaf Fox River, ILL

This is right in front of the "Sales Desk" for their Fox River Resort.

I was brave enough to ask one of the receptionists to take one of the photos with four of us.

[IMGL]http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=483&stc=1&d=1215120983[/IMGL]

Attachments

• tug2 103.JPG
    tug2 103.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
fabulous picture!

I have another one of the other banner ill be posting shortly as well!

(been a very busy and interesting day at TUG)

RDB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Too bad I didn’t have a TUG banner to put on the van at all the places we visited on Trip West. Many eyes would have seen that.

Of course there wouldn’t be resorts for taking the photos. I’d do it for spreading the word only. Lord knows I’m talked it up a lot as I’ve traveled.

I’ll let you know when I get ready for another cross country. Do you suppose there are restrictions imposed by parks?

What cost would I incur for having a banner made to keep, moving it along every day or two, for two months?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
first banner was 100+ as there was a bit of work required to get the image and everything initially set.

the other banners are about $50 each.

I may have an option to get an even cheaper solution but it would be a screen printed banner vs a vinyl one (like we have there)...so im not quite sure how it will hold up.

We can certainly discuss it when the time comes!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and here is jesuis1837 from aruba! arent we all jealous!!

079-1-1.jpg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its about 3x4 approx

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed the banner but I know these things happen. ;) Hope things get turned around and it gets back on track again.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im really sorry Theresa...will do everything to get it to you on your next trip!

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
This was taken the Day after Check in, from the Deck of Villa #12

042.jpg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thats fabulous!

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's the ORE St George, which has just changed names...can't remember what it is right now, but we were there the week before susie.
Connie