• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Not a website glitch? No Canterbury 2017 available inventory

Mary W

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a website glitch for the Wyndham Canterbury in San Francisco. There is no inventory showing for any size unit for any date in 2017, not even a random single night stay. There is quite a bit of availability beginning on January 1, 2018. I tried two different browsers, but still got the same result.

We are frequent visitors to the Canterbury, so I was wondering if there was a website glitch. I called Wyndham and they said everything is completely booked for the rest of the year. They said to keep checking for a cancellation.

It just seems really strange to me...

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I agree that it doesn't really ring true. My experience with that type of thing is that inventory has been taken off line for planned maintenance or something else. Of course, it's a really nice resort in a great city so maybe it's just really popular.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree that it doesn't really ring true. My experience with that type of thing is that inventory has been taken off line for planned maintenance or something else. Of course, it's a really nice resort in a great city so maybe it's just really popular.
Checkout Wyndham Extra Holidays. I just search Canterbury on Extra Holidays and not surprisingly, there is availability, but not for owners. It's all rentals. Wyndham Extra Holidays competing against Wyndham timeshare owners for availability is a direct conflict of interest. There must be a law against this unethical behavior. Any thoughts?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Checkout Wyndham Extra Holidays. I just search Canterbury on Extra Holidays and not surprisingly, there is availability, but not for owners. It's all rentals. Wyndham Extra Holidays competing against Wyndham timeshare owners for availability is a direct conflict of interest. There must be a law against this unethical behavior. Any thoughts?

Considering there is full disclosure of Wyndham's involvement in the rental market, I think such a law would not be relevant to this situation. If you feel strongly otherwise, hire counsel and go for it.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Considering there is full disclosure of Wyndham's involvement in the rental market, I think such a law would not be relevant to this situation. If you feel strongly otherwise, hire counsel and go for it.
Full disclosure does not exempt an individual or an organization from damages if what they are doing is wrong. What Wyndham is doing is unethical on many levels. The deck is stacked against those who paid a lot of money for a right and a 'disclosure' doesn't make it okay. #Conflict of Interest

Baby Jane

Reaction score
Besides which how do you know whether it Wyndham pulled properties or owner deposited ??

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The owner care number was aware that inventory had been pulled. She checked and confirmed it has pulled and nothing is available until January 1, 2018. If they do not stand down on pulling the inventory through the end of the year, most of what is left is theirs to use as they see fit.

Baby Jane

Reaction score
The owner care number was aware that inventory had been pulled. She checked and confirmed it has pulled and nothing is available until January 1, 2018. If they do not stand down on pulling the inventory through the end of the year, most of what is left is theirs to use as they see fit.
I suspect they did the same thing in Daytona last year because times when there is usually plenty of inventory there was none and they were refurbishing rooms when we took our trip

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
#Conflict of Interest #Lack of Integrity #Richards Craniums

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
#Conflict of Interest #Lack of Integrity #Richards Craniums
Start your own thread about this conflict of interest topic. Whenever you feel the need to post multiple times, post there. Maybe you will find someone to join in your quest or at least others that are interested. Please, please, please refrain yourself from posting more than once about this on each Wyndham topic.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Extra Holidays competing against Wyndham timeshare owners for availability is a direct conflict of interest. There must be a law against this unethical behavior. Any thoughts?

There is a law against that behavior.

Look up murillo vs rci.
RCI settled, although they didnt admit guilt.

My guess is, you and anyone who tries will have a real hard time convincing an attorney to file a class action suit alleging Wyndham is using inventory that should be going to owners and renting it instead. The reason: Wyndham owns RCI, so Wyndham should be aware of what inventory is or insnt ok to rent. That being said, it wouldnt be the first time that a multi-billion corporation is found guilty multiple times of the same unethical behavior.

https://rcivip.com/rci-class-action-lawsuit-murillo-vs-rci/

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Full disclosure does not exempt an individual or an organization from damages if what they are doing is wrong. What Wyndham is doing is unethical on many levels. The deck is stacked against those who paid a lot of money for a right and a 'disclosure' doesn't make it okay. #Conflict of Interest

Did you just make this up? Please tell us this isn't a legal opinion.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder to folks: the forum has an ignore feature that allows you to block posts by any particular user (including not seeing any quotes of their posts). I find it useful to avoid reading the same thing from the same people over and over. And over. And over. And over...

It's a little odd in the Wyndham forums, because I've put a fair number of people on ignore---that tends to leave many conversations confusing. But, still a better way to get at actual information and past the various conspiracy theories, etc.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with resort management. For October 9 thru October 22 they are show a number of units available in the Wyndham Pot. Other dates not checked. The person indicated that he cannot see what rooms are in what pot within the Wyndham availability. He indicated some of the pots are Wyndham Club Plus, Wyndham Club Access, RCI, and Extra Holidays (the list is not necessarily complete). Club Wyndham Plus and CWA are different pots. The person will contact Wyndham inventory people to make sure there is not a problem.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Just got off the phone with resort management. For October 9 thru October 22 they are show a number of units available in the Wyndham Pot. Other dates not checked. The person indicated that he cannot see what rooms are in what pot within the Wyndham availability. He indicated some of the pots are Wyndham Club Plus, Wyndham Club Access, RCI, and Extra Holidays (the list is not necessarily complete). Club Wyndham Plus and CWA are different pots. The person will contact Wyndham inventory people to make sure there is not a problem.

Being within ten months the Plus and CWA should be a combined pot. And Wyndham is well within their rights to rent any rooms they want for the points they own. They are now the megarenter on the block. They are the owner of those points til they sell them. They are not taking anything away from anybody. They cannot take any extra inventory until 60 days. What you see ih EH in December is their own inventory not stuff they have grabbed.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Being within ten months the Plus and CWA should be a combined pot. And Wyndham is well within their rights to rent any rooms they want for the points they own. They are now the megarenter on the block. They are the owner of those points til they sell them. They are not taking anything away from anybody. They cannot take any extra inventory until 60 days. What you see ih EH in December is their own inventory not stuff they have grabbed.

On combining pots between CWA and Club Wyndham Plus, do not know, I was not speaking to that point. It is not impossible the two pots exist for ARP/RARP purposes than at the 10 month point, the points go from one pot to the other for reservations that are made at 10 months or less.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
... There is no inventory showing for any size unit for any date in 2017, not even a random single night stay. There is quite a bit of availability beginning on January 1, 2018...

Mary, I'm seeing the same lack of inventory - and we are PR at Canterbury. (Staying there now!)

Coincidentally, we were just considering releasing a 1BR (not PR) that we have reserved for Fleet Week weekend
(specifically three nights Oct 5,6&7). We reserved it way before the May Voyager Apocalypse. (Six digit confirmation
number woohoo).

That means it cost me 156,000 points, or just over $750 in maintenance fees. I've read on here that it hasn't
been possible to do direct transfers to another owner for quite some time. And that if I try to actually coordinate
a release to inventory with someone, that Murphy will laugh in my face, and Wyndham may Hoover up the reservation.

So I guess I'm interested in offering it up for rental, but I have no idea how to do that securely. I know how
to do a Guest Confirmation from offering rooms to friends & family.

If it is inappropriate for me to mention this here, I apologize and ask for advice on how to list it and transfer
it securely. (If it gets too complicated I'll just offer it to a couple of local friends and then let it go.)

Blue Angels in San Francisco, anyone?

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm. And I just now noticed that that same Fleet Week stay is available
thru ExtraHolidays.com for $299 per night. That was about what I
was going to ask if anyone here wanted to rent it, so the only savings
would be the $145 (total) in taxes.

https://reservations.travelclick.co...ng_site=extraholidays.com#/accommodation/room

So just a little more evidence that owner rental might be on the outs?

If I had managed to snag this popular Blue Angels weekend during the
60-day 50% discount period, then I could outbid ExtraHolidays by
quite a bit. Sigh.

LATE EDIT: *And* there is now Canterbury inventory showing available for this year!! (PS I just canceled my 3 nighter since half price inventory is now showing.)

Last edited:

Mary W

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guess what? Quite a bit of Canterbury availability just showed up for September-December 2017. Not sure where it was before, but I was able to make the reservations I needed.

How the new website works (or doesn't work) continues to be a mystery!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Wyndham has had inventory issues. This is a known problem in the new system. There is not much anyone can do until they figure out the glitch and then load the inventory into the system.

I waited all summer or Emerald bay inventory for the fall. It finally did show up but it took 2 -3 months to do so.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
A impression I am getting is when a resort inventory availability problem is present, A fix comes after it becomes a issue in a thread.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A impression I am getting is when a resort inventory availability problem is present, A fix comes after it becomes a issue in a thread.

Wow, I hate to say it Robert, but you have a very astute observation there.

So, Wyndham, if you are indeed listening I will keep my wish list to TWO THINGS:
1) Fix the "modify" search feature so it actually works. Now when I attempt a reservation and find nothing, but choose to modify, it does not allow the "Search" button to be active.
2) Allow us to see inventory available without having to choose a room type to see it.

That is all, you can get back to the cucumber water drinking and cashing the MF checks.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
1) Fix the "modify" search feature so it actually works. Now when I attempt a reservation and find nothing, but choose to modify, it does not allow the "Search" button to be active.

To get the Search button to turn blue, put your cursor in the Location box and hit CTRL. The resort you had will appear below the Location box. Click on it and the Search button will activate again.

This was probably programmed by the same Mensa that made the reservation list default to inverse chronological order.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To get the Search button to turn blue, put your cursor in the Location box and hit CTRL. The resort you had will appear below the Location box. Click on it and the Search button will activate again.

This was probably programmed by the same Mensa that made the reservation list default to inverse chronological order.

Wow. That's terrible programming. How do you make it work on a phone that doesn't have the CTRL key?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk