• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Guest Certificate online

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember I used to be able to purchase RCI guest certificate online on the exchange confirmation page. But I could not find the link any more. Did they remove that from the website or moved it to somewhere else?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Jane

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I just checked with a confirmed exchange I have. When I click on the resort, on the right side of the screen there is a section that includes a link to "create a guest certificate". It is under Add Services.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If I remember correctly if it is a points reservation and you did not add the GC when booking, you had to call to set it up. I don't have any current points reservations so I could not check.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
If I remember correctly if it is a points reservation and you did not add the GC when booking, you had to call to set it up. I don't have any current points reservations so I could not check.
Mine is a weeks reservation. Maybe that's why there is still a link to add a guest certificate after the fact.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
120gkcw.jpg

Thanks Luanne and tschwa2 for comparing notes with me.

Here is what I saw in my add service section and mine is a weeks exchange also. Maybe mine is too close to check in (Aug 11)? I will have to call RCI tomorrow morning.

Jane

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. They stop offering it online a couple days before checkin . Just call.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
++ ^^.
And something not all resorts ask for. Worth a call to check it out with them.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guest certificate is now $79 and no cash back for Platinum members. They did nothing for me. I called on the day of check in to make sure the resort has it. They don't have my guest information at all. Instead, I have to send an email with the guest information. That is $239 exchange fee + $79 guest certificate RCI charged for this transaction. I wonder if RCI would ever stop their annual fee increase.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guest certificate is now $79 and no cash back for Platinum members. They did nothing for me. I called on the day of check in to make sure the resort has it. They don't have my guest information at all. Instead, I have to send an email with the guest information. That is $239 exchange fee + $79 guest certificate RCI charged for this transaction. I wonder if RCI would ever stop their annual fee increase.

I'm not sure this is what you meant in the bolded section above, but when you purchase an RCI guest certificate, it is still your responsibility to notify the resort of your guests & appropriate guest info. The guest certificate is nothing more than a certificate you can print out or forward to your guests to present at check-in, if needed.