• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wisconsin Dells

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
I'm in the process of booking our 2018 road trip and after some time in Colorado and then Yellowstone, we'll be in Wisconsin around June 20th (Wednesday). What are my chances of getting a Glacier Canyon reservation around that time at the 10 month mark? Or am I basically out of luck without ARP? I was hoping to stay over the weekend.

If I need a backup plan, how is Tamarack? I'm having difficulty finding reviews and past threads on the resort? (last TUG review was from 2013 and one before that was 2011 - so only two reviews).

How about Sundara? I can find a bit more photos and reviews on Sundara, but the point cost is high. Looks nice and we're three adults traveling without kids, so the spa sounds kind of nice, but not sure if I want to blow through 400,000 for a week.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know Wyndham, but June is less busy in the dells with lots of promotions to get people here. I would think tamarack is plain vanilla compared to glacier canyon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just at the Dells from a Monday-Friday in July. We booked 10 months out at 7 AM. I know it isn't a weekend, but maybe it helps you get a summer feel for things.

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
GC in June after school is out is near impossible. Same with Sundara. Sundara is an incredible spa. The spa on there property is 18 and over but you can use the watermark at GC.

You may find Tamarak at 10 months but even then it is hard. Wyndham has the tower on property. The rooms are small by Wyndham standards. The non-Wyndham rooms are really nice. The resort is managed by Festiva. The resort has an indoor and outdoor pool, indoor tennis and a tiny arcade. It is not located on the main strip but is really close to Walmart and the strip mall. The desk is not 24 hours but they do have after-hours check in. The resort has a park like setting.

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
We were just at the Dells from a Monday-Friday in July. We booked 10 months out at 7 AM. I know it isn't a weekend, but maybe it helps you get a summer feel for things.

Thanks! Do you recall if the weekend was available when you made the original reservation?

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't try because those were the dates I wanted, but there was plenty of availability for those dates. Perhaps try a Sun-Sunday and later in the week try the Wed-Sun and cancel the full week if you get it. If not try a cancel - rebook with your dates (might be easier out of discount time).

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GC in June after school is out is near impossible. Same with Sundara. Sundara is an incredible spa. The spa on there property is 18 and over but you can use the watermark at GC.

You may find Tamarak at 10 months but even then it is hard. Wyndham has the tower on property. The rooms are small by Wyndham standards. The non-Wyndham rooms are really nice. The resort is managed by Festiva. The resort has an indoor and outdoor pool, indoor tennis and a tiny arcade. It is not located on the main strip but is really close to Walmart and the strip mall. The desk is not 24 hours but they do have after-hours check in. The resort has a park like setting.

Thanks! This is very helpful. Since we're talking late June, I'm sure all the kids will be out of school. I think my best approach may be to take whatever I can get and work around that.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went mud-June. 1 bedrooms popped up two weeks before check-in. My kids LOVED it and can't wait to go back.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
If I need a backup plan, how is Tamarack? I'm having difficulty finding reviews and past threads on the resort? (last TUG review was from 2013 and one before that was 2011 - so only two reviews).

I think you'll be able to get a reservation at Glacier Canyon at the 10 month mark if your on at exactly the time.

I was just at Tamarack last week (although not the Wyndham building), and just submitted my review so it should be up later today or tomorrow. We usually stay at Glacier Canyon, and had a great time at Tamarack. Far less hectic and crowded.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also hoping to book at this resort for June 2018. A Sunday-Thursday 6/10-6/15. But trying to book both a 2BR & a 3BR.

I am using my MIL points so I have never done this before. (She just bought her Wyndham Timeshare this year, resale)

When can I make these reservations? 8/10 @ 7AM EST?

Will I have any issue since its 2 separate rooms for the same dates? I just need to add a Guest Confirmation to one of the 2 right?

I assume I should book the larger unit first and then the smaller one since the larger ones sell out quicker?

Any other advice or things I need to be aware of?

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think you'll be able to get a reservation at Glacier Canyon at the 10 month mark if your on at exactly the time.

I was just at Tamarack last week (although not the Wyndham building), and just submitted my review so it should be up later today or tomorrow. We usually stay at Glacier Canyon, and had a great time at Tamarack. Far less hectic and crowded.

Thanks for the update on Tamarack! I'll read your review once it's posted. TUG reviews are so much more helpful to me than other websites, I just trust the reviews here more than some other website, although I tend to do a lot of research on resorts.

I was able to find a few more reviews on RCI on Wyndham's units in Tamarack and from the sounds of things the rooms were perhaps updated in 2014-15-16. Some of the old reviews prior to this sounds like the units were very outdated. Since it's doubtful that we'll use the water parks, I wouldn't mind being somewhere a little less crowded.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I am also hoping to book at this resort for June 2018. A Sunday-Thursday 6/10-6/15. But trying to book both a 2BR & a 3BR.

I am using my MIL points so I have never done this before. (She just bought her Wyndham Timeshare this year, resale)

Will I have any issue since its 2 separate rooms for the same dates? I just need to add a Guest Confirmation to one of the 2 right?

I assume I should book the larger unit first and then the smaller one since the larger ones sell out quicker?

If there is more than one person listed as owners on the Wyndham account then you can make a reservation in each person's name for the same dates or overlapping dates. If not then you have 48 hours to add a guest name to any additional reservations.

I would book the 3 bedroom first if it is available. Three bedroom deluxe units get 10 waterpark wristbands and 2 bedroom deluxe get 8. Children 2 and under don't need a wristband. You cannot purchase additional wristbands.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If there is more than one person listed as owners on the Wyndham account then you can make a reservation in each person's name for the same dates or overlapping dates. If not then you have 48 hours to add a guest name to any additional reservations.

I would book the 3 bedroom first if it is available. Three bedroom deluxe units get 10 waterpark wristbands and 2 bedroom deluxe get 8. Children 2 and under don't need a wristband. You cannot purchase additional wristbands.
And children two years old and under do not count against occupancy levels.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score

That's very helpful! Thank you. MY mother in law and father in law are both on the account. SO I could book 1 room in each name and save the guest certificate!

We have no more than 14 people so we are definitely good on the wristband numbers. Thanks for pointing that out as well.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our nanny's fiancée is a lifeguard at glacier canyon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the update on Tamarack! I'll read your review once it's posted.

It looks like it was added overnight, under Peppertree at Tamarack (we were not in a Wyndham unit, but the overall review should apply).

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It looks like it was added overnight, under Peppertree at Tamarack (we were not in a Wyndham unit, but the overall review should apply).

Thanks! Very helpful! Just wondering, were you there on an exchange? The reason I ask is I'm wondering if I book through Wyndham if I'll be assigned a Wyndham unit or if the inventory is shared.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks! Very helpful! Just wondering, were you there on an exchange? The reason I ask is I'm wondering if I book through Wyndham if I'll be assigned a Wyndham unit or if the inventory is shared.

I was there on an exchange. There is no shared inventory. If you book through the Wyndham portal you will only be able to see/reserve the Wyndham units.

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman

With the new 24/7 website you would want to make your reservation starting at 12:00am ET on 8/10 although some have said it is some times a few minutes after when the new inventory or dates load.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
With the new 24/7 website you would want to make your reservation starting at 12:00am ET on 8/10 although some have said it is some times a few minutes after when the new inventory or dates load.

O thank you! I didn't realize you could book at Midnight now! That will save me from having to get up so early!!

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to book a 2BR Deluxe & a 3BR Deluxe for the week of 6/10 this morning. I tried from Midnight to 1am last night but the website was down for maintenance, but when i logged in at 6:30am EST I had no issues. Looked like there was still plenty of availability showing for both unit types. The presidential are another story according to the availability calendar though! Apparently the Presidential are way more popular there!!

Does anyone know- Is there a way to request that the 2 units are as close together as possible? Or are we just at the whim of whoever assigns the units and might be at opposite sides of the place?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I was able to book a 2BR Deluxe & a 3BR Deluxe for the week of 6/10 this morning. I tried from Midnight to 1am last night but the website was down for maintenance, but when i logged in at 6:30am EST I had no issues. Looked like there was still plenty of availability showing for both unit types. The presidential are another story according to the availability calendar though! Apparently the Presidential are way more popular there!!

Does anyone know- Is there a way to request that the 2 units are as close together as possible? Or are we just at the whim of whoever assigns the units and might be at opposite sides of the place?

Call the resort when it gets down to about 10 days before check in and make your request. Most resorts are very good about keeping families and friends as close together as possible if you let them know in advance.

Make sure you have two different owners names on those reservations. As of April you have 48 hours to change one of them if you put them in the same name.