• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Well... that's that...

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the long term Wyndham is looking forward to those $99 fees rolling in;
Short term and long term, the vast majority of any increased revenue from guest fees will come from Wyndham picking the pockets of megarenters who put the first GC in a dummy name until they find the guest who will ultimately stay in the unit, then pay for another GC to change the reservation from the dummy name.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
And they will not know until they login to check on the two rooms they booked at 13 months for their once-a-year vacation, only to find that one or both rooms were cancelled by The Great Oz of Wyndham.

Or more likely, until they show up at the resort.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Or more likely, until they show up at the resort.
Only if they haven't had an overlapping reservation in the last several years. I would think they would know that by 14 days before they need to change one of the reservation or lose it. If not they would have arrived to a cancelled reservation even without this latest change.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that a overlapping definition does not have a exception for ARP/RARP/RP.

BFields47

Reaction score
Tried to register .... ME, TOO! ... after 45-60 minutes and some length of times on the phone .. I just scream and hangup. Several times.

Seems there might be a problem with multiple Member numbers in 1 name.

Registration was a pain for me as well. It's a hit or miss. I place my bet it'll crash in the first few hours and they won't know how to fix. Just hope they have a good way to recover to the old system.

Knowing how IT is nowadays, probably created by underpaid and inexperienced programmers in India who have absolutely no clue about timeshare. Just to save a couple of $$$.

Hope they retained some of the original folks from the old website. Despite its lack of ARP bookings it was quite a solid system. They had a few hiccups in the beginning but I was still impressed.

Yet I'm praying for a successful transition and look forward to hopefully booking arp without an agent.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the long term Wyndham is looking forward to those $99 fees rolling in; however, I think everyone who's been paying attention has already paid their $99 (or canceled overlapping reservations), and I don't think much is going to happen in the first 48 hours of the new site to tip off those people who haven't paid attention what's going on. After 48 hours, though, there should be a field day for people looking to snag all those auto-cancellations.

The 99 guest fees and the 19 transaction fees go to the club, not to wyndham

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did I understand wrongly that ARP reservation can overlap?

During ARP you can make any reservations you want and have points for, even exceeding the 10 unit limit. As I understand the new policies you still only have 48 hours to put guest names (or other owner) on them.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Only if they haven't had an overlapping reservation in the last several years. I would think they would know that by 14 days before they need to change one of the reservation or lose it. If not they would have arrived to a cancelled reservation even without this latest change.

Good point, although I've run in to plenty of owners that do t understand the reservation rules.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
The 99 guest fees and the 19 transaction fees go to the club, not to wyndham

I was less responding to that part of the post and more to the expectation that Wyndham (or the club) would be raking in those $99 fees by the tens of thousands in the first 48 hours after the new system goes live. My counter was that people either already paid that $99 (or changed owner names) or they're still not going to be paying attention until after their overlapping reservations get cancelled.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a little telling that the old site is still up.

Did Hilton keep their old owner site up when they rolled out their new website ? I thought they had both sites up and owners could make reservations on either site for a couple of months. Our new big boss did come from Hilton

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

Did Hilton keep their old owner site up when they rolled out their new website ? I thought they had both sites up and owners could make reservations on either site for a couple of months. Our new big boss did come from Hilton
I do not think that the old site is "up" any more now than the new site was "up" prior to today.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Though I have my doubts I am hoping for a smooth transition. I hope the new site works well and problems are held to a minimum. Unfortunately there are going to be a lot of people who lose vacations due to the new rules and not knowing about them. I hope Wyndham at least has some contingency plan for them, whether it be point refunds or something else.

I think keeping the old site running til the kinks get worked out of the new one would be smart, but not sure that wil be possible. Can the new rules be patched into the old system? Seems they have their hands full as it stands now.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Is very appropriate in this case

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can the new rules be patched into the old system? Seems they have their hands full as it stands now.
It seems they are having enough difficulty patching the new rules into the new system.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Good luck Wyndham Folks. Wyndham did an "upgrade" to the Worldmark System in March. Two months later and many people are still having problems.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
At this point, the new website probably is probably complete awaiting official release with the exception of reservations and related issues.

End of Day 1, Wyndham is still sending confirmation e-mails.

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I would take you up. I bet $100.00 that we do rollback to the old system within 72 hrs. If we do rollback to the old system you give me $200.00
Odds are either "for" or "against" something happening. I believe it is twice as likely that we will rollback, but I am not offering a "for" bet... :)

Last edited:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like old site is now shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

As of Saturday morning, the old site is no longer up. I'm guessing the URL for the new site will be the same as the old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not think that the old site is "up" any more now than the new site was "up" prior to today.

As of a few minutes ago, called Customer Service (options 3 then 2). They are answering phones. May be able to get in to accounts on and off throughout today and tomorrow. for reservations. Some accounts are coming up but it is real slow. Five minutes or more they are not staying on the phone long enough to get into the account at this point. Data has been transferred. Some tests have been run this morning.

If they do come up for period of time throughout the day and tomorrow, I guess the 48 hour overlapping guest pass period would start.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry about this post, but people that what to take the bet talked about earlier might want to jump on the side that the site will be functioning with bumps along the way.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
Hasn't Wyndham been email those with overlapping reservations?
I have to give credit to Wyndham. We had overlapping reservations and received:
  1. General emails all got warning about overlaps.
  2. Email to us telling us we have at least 1 set of overlapping reservations.
  3. Recorded call to tell us we still had at least one overlapping res.
Good proactive job Wyndham. And yes I am a procrastinator and yes I fixed them on the last day.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
I wouldn't touch any data, even if it looks functional, before they announce it's good to go as I can only imagine the amount of resets they do this weekend.